• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Nagata vs Sakuraba in Akita on July 20th!!

Really hope that one's an iPPV. Only the 08/04 G1 show is confirmed so far.

Yujiro vs Naito up next!

ibshlbGswGh8iw.png

It's just really frustrating and proof that the 'digital future' is still a long ways off. Kinda wish I could watch it on Niconico, as I'm sure it'd be more consistent if I were getting it off Japanese servers.

Fine match, Yujiro was in control for the majority, probably because Naito's showing some ring rust, but he looked pretty good for the most part - the finish was good, but I thought Naito looked somewhat apprehensive when hitting the Stardust Press.

Goto vs Shibata II up next!! Fuck yes.

OK, this has been awesome so far.

Shibata with a shoot dropkick, fucking brutal.

It's just really frustrating and proof that the 'digital future' is still a long ways off.

The proof was in WWE fucking up the WrestleMania stream this year - if the biggest promotion in the world can't pull off a stream that works, let alone a stream that is perfect, then we've still got a long way to go.

Thankfully the New Japan replay will be up minutes after the show ends, but it still sucks that you can't watch live :(

Woah...woah...Goto vs Shibata was really, really good. Like, going straight on my 'matches of the year' list, good. Fucking amazing stuff, a lesson in brutality.

Prince Devitt vs Tanahashi next!

The proof was in WWE fucking up the WrestleMania stream this year - if the biggest promotion in the world can't pull off a stream that works, let alone a stream that is perfect, then we've still got a long way to go.

Thankfully the New Japan replay will be up minutes after the show ends, but it still sucks that you can't watch live :(

Yeah I should've said further proof. Live streaming is almost always a huge mess.

Wish I could watch it live, they always put exciting shows on and I was really hyped for Devitt. Oh well, I'm going on a blackout now until I watch the show. At least I can watch the Lions beat Australia instead.

Devitt vs Tanahashi was really good, not the classic a lot of people were expecting, but good stuff nonetheless. Devitt & the BULLET CLUB are getting a ton of heat.

Also,
that's the first time Tanahashi's been pinned in a non-title, non-tournament match since losing to Toru Yano way back in May 2010
!

Main event's just started!

Main event was AWESOME.

Serious.

Best Makabe match I've seen in years, both guys very much brought it here. Awesome stuff and a good show all around.

Jr. tag title, CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun, Goto vs Shibata & Okada vs Makabe make this another must-watch show from New Japan. Fantastic stuff.

Oh wow,
Devitt challenged Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship! Okada agreed, but only if Devitt puts the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship on the line against Gedo
!

Fuck yes, that sounds awesome.

Hey guys, what's u-OH WHAT THE HELL IS THIS NEW GAF MADNESS, GIT IT AWAY

So I just woke up after getting back from FWE at literally 5 in the morning. My body is crying, but my bank account is singing.

Is WWN Live usually this bad? I was trying to watch the FWE iPPV (yes, I know) and the stream was choppy and the audio cut out sometimes.

There have been a few complaints but it seems to be working fine for most people. The audio is the only problem that everyone had. I've tried contacting them but they've been pretty unhelpful for the most part.

Sucks, I blew $15 on that iPPV. Should've probably saved it for a better one anyway

Edit: Actually, yeah, they're offering the VOD.

Sorry you were having problems duder! It wasn't anything on our end, beyond the audio thing (someone kicked a cable out, which happened to be our feed for commentary from the audio crew :mad:). Beyond that and apparently a feed drop (we didn't see it on our end like we usually do, so hm) it went hunky dory.

It can be, if the internet in the building is untested. Usually people complain in the chat room if there are issues. If issues persist they usually offer some sort gift for your troubles.

Time for some inside baseball, yo!

For the most part, if we can, we always test the internet a week+ before the actual event. This building had no internet, so what we do with that is use a mobile hotspot, with some extra redundancies to make sure the world doesn't blow up. It was an 11 meg upload when we tested it during another event, so all I have to say is OH LOOK OVER THERE *flees*

I'm pretty happy with what we did, though. It was just us two doing the show, and we did:
Ring lighting off generator
Entranceway
iPPV setup

We also loaded in everything and loaded everything out, which can take like an hour for loading in and in the case of this one, took two and a half hours to load out. We left NY at like, 2.

Sound/commentary/camerapeople weren't us. As a super special private aside...

FWE's camerapeople are complete shite and can't film wrestling for shit :mad:

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Dominion is a must buy today, will watch tonight. Excited after hearing high praise for Makabe/Okada

That's awesome of him to say he'd call again next week.

Next week was this morning and this time I answered. I know the merits of it have been debated but I want to see him succeed. I had no problem dropping $30 and talking to a coherent Scott this morning that said he appreciated my hard earned money and he was doing better than expected was worth it no matter what happens.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
hah I came here to post that Hansen pic, good stuff

strobogo

Banned
Season 3 of Gilmore Girls is pretty solid. I'll try to pick up 4 Monday. Hopefully no local yahoo tries to get it first. A quick check shows some local yahoo does indeed have it until next Friday. Wieners.

I'm house sitting. There is a Wii here, but the only games are the SMG and NSMB and a bunch of shovelware. For some reason, my libarry has a ton of Wii games to rent.

Kaladin

I'm house sitting. There is a Wii here, but the only games are the SMG and NSMB and a bunch of shovelware. For some reason, my libarry has a ton of Wii games to rent.

They might have been donated, either that or there has been a push to get more games in libraries to increase circulation and foot traffic. This includes video games and board games. The library where I work has a fine board game collection. It's a bitch to maintain though. So many pieces.

strobogo

Banned
I assume that all of the movies/cds/games are donated. But their Wii selection is way larger than the 360/PS2/3 selections. Like double. I have an episode and a half left and the library is open for another 4 hours or so. So, I'll probably hit it up today and find a game or two for the week.

Holy shit, BIG PETE is in this episode! The Thanksgiving episode had Badger and Jon Hamm's Hamm had a scene early in the season. But seriously, BIG PETE!!

Just caught the second half of Dominion. Fucking awesome show. Maybe not as good on paper as Wrestling Dontaku but the matches that I expected a lot from were given more time to breath and the others managed to surprise me with how great they were (except for Conway's match of course).

Can't fucking wait for Okada/Devitt.

Ydahs

So, this new embedded tweet feature is pretty sweet -

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BookerT5x/status/103923185187160064[/tweet]

edit: new tweet feature already disabled :(

somedevil

I heard the MEM came back to TNA?

Whats next Nash,Booker T,Steiner coming back to TNA?

Nope, because Steiner sued TNA, Booker T is with the WWE and Nash signed a legends contract with the WWE.

Right now its Angle and
Samoa Joe
introduced next week as a member. If people used reason both these guys left him hanging on the pay per view so it makes no sense anyway.

Ultratech

NewGaf is so hard to get used to.

Right now its Angle and
Samoa Joe
introduced next week as a member. If people used reason both these guys left him hanging on the pay per view so it makes no sense anyway.

TNA being TNA.

Also, those sexy nurses that accompanied Yujiro to ringside are JAV actresses Chloe Fujisaki & Ami Kasai;

http://senorlariato.minus.com/mH8TuUh0ioNn6

I will have to do research on this later...

Sorry you were having problems duder! It wasn't anything on our end, beyond the audio thing (someone kicked a cable out, which happened to be our feed for commentary from the audio crew :mad:). Beyond that and apparently a feed drop (we didn't see it on our end like we usually do, so hm) it went hunky dory.

Time for some inside baseball, yo!

For the most part, if we can, we always test the internet a week+ before the actual event. This building had no internet, so what we do with that is use a mobile hotspot, with some extra redundancies to make sure the world doesn't blow up. It was an 11 meg upload when we tested it during another event, so all I have to say is OH LOOK OVER THERE *flees*

I'm pretty happy with what we did, though. It was just us two doing the show, and we did:
Ring lighting off generator
Entranceway
iPPV setup

We also loaded in everything and loaded everything out, which can take like an hour for loading in and in the case of this one, took two and a half hours to load out. We left NY at like, 2.

Sound/commentary/camerapeople weren't us. As a super special private aside...

FWE's camerapeople are complete shite and can't film wrestling for shit :mad:

It's all good, I got the VOD for my troubles, so i'll end up watching the whole thing either today or tomorrow.

Yeah, from what i saw the camerawork was a bit spotty and IIRC straight up missed a spot in the Kendrick/Williams match.
But for being 2 guys, that sounds pretty good

Top Bottom