• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sitting on GWF is killing me. Making a declaration.

Launch night is July 1st. Right after Raw. Fuck waitin.

KissVibes

Banned
Yeah, he posted them on Misc ages ago. Found them on some forum via google reverse image search. Nothing too revealing, funny all the same.

Seems like ROH is screwing up the IPPV again.

It's a shame they can't ever seem to get that right.

Nooooo :(

Doing iPPVs are like navigating live minefields. It can all come crashing to a screaming halt for literally any reason. Truth be told, I hate them. If it's not done by a competent crew, these issues will pop up, and it makes the medium itself more amateurish. Even with a competent crew, shit can go wrong. It's a mess.

Serp, the FWE show was long, but quite fun. I'd recommend skipping most of the Rumble, but everything else was pretty good.

Camerastuff
Sadly, most of the work we did for the entranceway was for naught, since none of the ring cameramen even fucking shot the entranceway :mad:

5J4m6z5.gif

Jamie OD

Nooooo :(

Doing iPPVs are like navigating live minefields. It can all come crashing to a screaming halt for literally any reason. Truth be told, I hate them. If it's not done by a competent crew, these issues will pop up, and it makes the medium itself more amateurish. Even with a competent crew, shit can go wrong. It's a mess.

Serp, the FWE show was long, but quite fun. I'd recommend skipping most of the Rumble, but everything else was pretty good.

Camerastuff
Sadly, most of the work we did for the entranceway was for naught, since none of the ring cameramen even fucking shot the entranceway :mad:

I think it's a necessary teething period. Someone has to go through all the hassle and make mistakes that the others can learn from. Problem is a lot of customers get burned and no progress has been made in a lot of places. New Japan is the only company that has done it right but they have a professional production crew helping them and their locations have better online access compared to the American and Mexican buildings.

I think it's a necessary teething period. Someone has to go through all the hassle and make mistakes that the others can learn from. Problem is a lot of customers get burned and no progress has been made in a lot of places. New Japan is the only company that has done it right but they have a professional production crew helping them and their locations have better online access compared to the American and Mexican buildings.

I've been doing streaming stuff since 2008, wrestling since like, 2010 I think. Progress is hard without a regular crew, and a regular crew costs money. If you overextend yourself (as I tend to do) and try to do too much, it can sadly cause issues for everyone. Even the competent crews run into issues, or their setup is wonky, etc etc etc. It's no bueno.

New Japan's thing is different, as not only is it a professional team (IMO the best in wrestling), but most of their stuff is showed on normal PPV, no? In that case, it's a rather simple matter of taking the PPV feed and feeding it to the various streaming partners.

But apparently in the case of Mania, even that's not easy~!

strobogo

Banned
I'm about 40 minutes into Die Hard 5. This is awful. Aggressively boring. A 20 minute car chase seen 15 minutes into the movie? One that McClane should have died at least twice in, yet literally doesn't even have a scratch on him despite two massive, spinning, glass shattering, car destroying wrecks. The dudes who wrecked in basically a tank where in far worse shape. John does about 10 flips in a jeep and is totally cool.

I can get the son calling him John, but calling his dad "McClane" is so weird. Also "Damn you, John. DAMN YOU!" *5 minutes later* "Damn you, McClain. DAMN YOU!" made me lol. Why is Riddley Scott with them? How did this asshole find himself in that much trouble on his first day in Russia? Time to let Die Hard die. This shit sucks. It's painful that a Die Hard movie is this bad. It doesn't even LOOK like a DH movie. The lighting is way off and weird. I don't even know if I'm going to finish this.

I'm about 40 minutes into Die Hard 5. This is awful. Aggressively boring. A 20 minute car chase seen 15 minutes into the movie? One that McClane should have died at least twice in, yet literally doesn't even have a scratch on him despite two massive, spinning, glass shattering, car destroying wrecks. The dudes who wrecked in basically a tank where in far worse shape. John does about 10 flips in a jeep and is totally cool.

I can get the son calling him John, but calling his dad "McClane" is so weird. Also "Damn you, John. DAMN YOU!" *5 minutes later* "Damn you, McClain. DAMN YOU!" made me lol. Why is Riddley Scott with them? How did this asshole find himself in that much trouble on his first day in Russia? Time to let Die Hard die. This shit sucks. It's painful that a Die Hard movie is this bad. It doesn't even LOOK like a DH movie. The lighting is way off and weird. I don't even know if I'm going to finish this.
I warned you.

strobogo

Banned
And miss out on With A Vengeance? No way, bro. No f'n way.

This movie keeps getting worse. Riddley Scott howling, John getting more cut up from slaps than massive car wrecks, this son being a low rent Sam Worthington who is already the low rent every action star. I think Bruce needs to hang it up. He's been phoning everything in for close to a decade now.

strobogo

Banned
I...I like die hard 4

Way, way, way better than I thought it was going to be. I enjoyed it, if just for how ridiculous it got. But 5 has no redeeming qualities. Like, at all. Nothing memorable, no great or even good one liners, stupid story even for Die Hard, a knock off Sam Worthington, and Bruce looking like Mr. Magoo and trying his hardest to stay away for the pay check.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But even the 2nd one has it's charm as the official B-Movie version of the 1st Die Hard. And Die Hard 3 is comedy gold.

But if I want cheesy b-movies I'll just watch anything with Stalone or Arnie in it.

I had to take a break from Last of Us after what happened before Fall.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm still with Bill...I play games slowly. Also, fuck clickers.

I only game in the weekend, but I pretty much played all day, except for when I went to go see Great Gatsby.

The game is shit at rewarding tou though, aside from the game completion trophies (played hard so that's two bronze and a silver one) I got only one extra bronze trophy.

:(

nappy

Neo Member
WHat does the thread title refer to? I've haven't been actively watching wrasslin for a few months.
It refers to an up-and-coming creepy stable called The Wyatt Family, led by Bray Wyatt, who is an awesome character, and his real-life talentless and ugly brother Bo Dallas, who is quickly becoming the NXT version of John Cena.

Animal Crossing has been taking pretty much all my gaming time lately. It's fantastic. Well that and Picross-e, which is good, too.

Going to watch Smackdown shortly, followed by some Punk matches I was recommended a few pages back.

strobogo

Banned
The weird thing with Bo is they skipped the massively over for 2-3 years part of the Cena Cycle and went straight into face who the fans hate.

Top Bottom