• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

So for those who don't have cable, where/how do you watch RAW?

Anyone here use Hulu Plus? How is it? I know it's edited but I was hoping to be able to watch full episodes elsewhere legally of course.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think there is anywhere besides USA/Universal HD to watch full Raws. Hulu Plus is worth it for NXT, Smackdown, Superstars and usually doesn't cut out any of the good stuff from Raw.

fhjLL1q.jpg

DMczaf

Does every heel have to do the "dress up as rival face and mock them" thing ever since DX and nWo did it 15 years ago?

It's lame. I ain't shook.

I told yall D Brine would be a star in this business, even after he was wronfully fired and no one believed. I never STOPPED believing. Your next Kaval.

strobogo

Banned
Rarely will you ever want to watch the full 3 hours of Raw anyway. The 90 minutes on Hulu is basically 2 hours of TV and there is always an hour that needs cut from Raw.

"Mario: Tales of the Mushroom Kingdom"

* fully open-world game in a destroyed Mushroom Kingdom that's been ravaged by some sort of new evil
* darker art style with a steampunk influence
* RPG elements including stat allocation, customization, and tons of loot
* Mario's arsenal of weapons increases greatly but he's not using guns or anything, it's still in line with his lore (example: many different types of wrenches)
* fully voice-acted with branching dialogue paths
* multiple endings thanks to a narrative that changes along with the decisions you make
* pet goomba that plays a role similar to Dogmeat in Fallout

0-0-0.gif

strobogo

Banned
Sunnny, I'm repping GWF in the 2k14 thread on gaming side. Punks talking about how great VGCW will be, so I had to remind them where the real power lies.

KissVibes

Banned
Man, Bryan was pretty small. Crazy to see how much he has grown. Dood is a beast!

He was so beautiful.

He looks like he's been living in the mountains fighting poachers and hunting wild elk with his bare hands now.

That WWE 2K14 cover is shit.

Can 2K design something that is not red on red?

How about some contrast you fuckers.

HEY MAN,

THIS IS A REAL, ADULT-THEMED SPORTS COVER. FOR A SPORT.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Finally running through RAW. You know, there is an art to the wrestling business, and there are so very few performers who have "it". As compelling as I found the Henry performance last week, the exchange between Punk and Heyman tonight is among the finest pieces of work I have ever seen in all my years of watching. The extraordinary chemistry between the two was so profound and electric that, as soon as it was over, I had to rewind it to just revel in it again. There is no greater, more compelling figure in the business today that CM Punk, who is easily on his way to being one of the greatest talkers in the history of the business, to say nothing of his brilliant wrestling skills. Both he and Heyman tonight were guys working with oils on canvas instead of the fingerpaint and notebook paper far too many of the other guys work on these days. Just amazing...

Now I want Bryan to make that pale douche Sheamus tap like a bitch in a future Smackdown soon.

Is that too much to ask?

EDIT: Naw fuck that, make it a RAW match.

KissVibes

Banned
Now I want Bryan to make that pale douche Sheamus tap like a bitch in a future Smackdown soon.

Is that too much to ask?

They aren't going to do that to Sheamus. He has to look strong because he's winning MitB.

Edit: Wait, Shamus is in WWE title MitB? THEN WHO IS WINNING THE WHC CONTRACT?!

Whats this i hear about the Briscoes leaving ROH? Lol ROH.

Here's the rumour going around;

"All signs are pointing that Mark and Jay Briscoe have wrestled for the last time in Ring of Honor. Yes, that Jay Briscoe, the ROH World Champion. Ring of Honor did not have Mark Briscoe appear on the TV taping on Sunday. They ran an angle that he had been injured the night before against Jay Briscoe leading to Kevin Steen getting involved in the Steel Cage Warfare match that was the main event of the tapings and what ROH built up to in the 4 weeks of TV. However, Ring of Honor also did an angle where, after defeating Matt Hardy to retain the ROH Championship, Jay Briscoe was attacked by Hardy and Steve Corino and a couple of other heels and laid out and beaten down...pretty much destroyed and it was described to be as a heavy, heavy, heavy angle. And in speaking to a number of Ring of Honor sources over the last 12 hours or so, that was the last scheduled appearance for either Briscoe brother for the forseeable future. There is talk they may be departing the company and at the very least they will be on a hiatus for some time. This has nothing to do with the Jay Briscoe Twitter incident, it was something arranged way prior to this PPV & TV taping. The story making the rounds is that they were leaving for greener pastures, but they may not be leaving. At the very least they will be on a hiatus and what the hell this means for the ROH Championship, your guess is as good as mine. Common sense would dictate that Briscoe will be stripped of the belt if he is not coming back or if he's going to be on an extended hiatus, similar to TNA stripping Rob Van Dam of his championship in 2010."

Fuck knows what's going on. Also, Cornette did an audio interview with PWI, which I haven't listened to, but it sounds like Corny's up to his usual tricks;

"Jim Cornette's in on Mike Johnson's show today. Its quite something. He's doing his post-firing burial like he did with WWE and TNA. He goes off on Austin Aries, calling him a miserable motherfucker, he has a go at Kenny King saying he should never have trusted him, he goes off on the ROH fanbase saying they dont have any patience, he says Mike Hogwood and Dave Parzak were the worst announce team he's ever heard. He's ripping on their iPPVs, he goes off on the venues they booked. All of this by starting the interview by saying "I'm not going to knock Ring Of Honor". And I've only listened to the first 20 minutes."

"Cornette also went off on Kevin Steen calling him a morbidly obese, stupid mudslinger who's going to be in a wheel chair by the time he's 35 because he's so out of shape and does stupid shit nobody wants to see. Also said Generico and Steen would have put the company out of business because their matches weren't attractive to advertises or backers."

It's really sad to see how far ROH has fallen and continues to fall. I honestly wouldn't be watching wrestling today if it wasn't for ROH.

Kaladin

If The Briscoes are gone from ROH, I may be truly done with that company. They were the last performers I really wanted to see on the roster...and that's it.

It is kind of sad because ROH was my introduction to modern wrestling outside of WWE and TNA. I still remember finding out about it searching for guys on the TNA roster like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Homicide and ROH is the name that repeatedly came up. One viewing of Better Than Our Best 2006 later and I was hooked.

bangai-o

Banned
Finally running through RAW. You know, there is an art to the wrestling business, and there are so very few performers who have "it". As compelling as I found the Henry performance last week, the exchange between Punk and Heyman tonight is among the finest pieces of work I have ever seen in all my years of watching. The extraordinary chemistry between the two was so profound and electric that, as soon as it was over, I had to rewind it to just revel in it again. There is no greater, more compelling figure in the business today that CM Punk, who is easily on his way to being one of the greatest talkers in the history of the business, to say nothing of his brilliant wrestling skills. Both he and Heyman tonight were guys working with oils on canvas instead of the fingerpaint and notebook paper far too many of the other guys work on these days. Just amazing...

disagree

Punk's storytime was for the marks only. I appreciate backstory myself, but in a Raw where there was only one real wrestling match for the first two hours of the show, it became a problem. And, it didnt end there because Heyman got on the mic as well. That entire segment dragged for too long. After they finished talking we had a CM Punk match that exhibited nothing of brilliant wrestling skills. He was gassed. The guy is always gassed. I dont understand how CM Punk fans can just ignore that. Someone tell me he wasnt like this during his Jesus-Punk days. Each opponent that he faces ends up slowing down what they typically do in the ring to cater to Punk's slow pace.

disagree

Punk's storytime was for the marks only. I appreciate backstory myself, but in a Raw where there was only one real wrestling match for the first two hours of the show, it became a problem. And, it didnt end there because Heyman got on the mic as well. That entire segment dragged for too long. After they finished talking we had a CM Punk match that exhibited nothing of brilliant wrestling skills. He was gassed. The guy is always gassed. I dont understand how CM Punk fans can just ignore that. Someone tell me he wasnt like this during his Jesus-Punk days. Each opponent that he faces ends up slowing down what they typically do in the ring to cater to Punk's slow pace.

CM Punk is the Naughty Dog of wrestling.

AIW had a free download of Ethan Page vs. Josh Alexander, so i'm watching that now. I was already interested in that iPPV this Sunday, but this is pretty cool.

Edit: Match was pretty good, too! Definitely gonna watch Absolution.

charsace

Tonight's match changed my mind about Orton. I only recently started watching the WWE again and at the time I stopped watching I thought Orton was nothing more than a spot match who was bad on the mic. The guy has really improved and knows how to wrestle now.

Top Bottom