• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

KissVibes

Banned
It's not even that these people want to celebrate his wrestling accomplishments. He was great and nobody can take away the quality work he delivered. People just think they're so fucking cool and edgy with this Benoit shit. He killed his family and himself, you sacks of garbage. There's a reason why WWE doesn't want to bring attention to him or acknowledge him. It's called respect.

Stop idolizing him this way, Jesus Christ.

tm24

Apparently there was a sign on RAW that said, "Happy sixth anniversary Chris" Just classy.

Can anyone find the screencap? I can't honestly believe it.

JeQUNa0.jpg

They were also the Cena has Clap guys

Punk's face says it all.

Loved that Bryan won, but that crowd did not deserve that match at all. Kinda felt that it somewhat effected the gravity of the whole situation.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope they took those guys to the back and fed 'em to Mark Henry.

They weren't even celebrating his birthday, they were literally wishing him a happy 6th anniversary for murdering his family and killing himself. That just makes you the worlds biggest pieces of shit.

Ozone

I really hope they set up the blue briefcase ladder match tomorrow. RVD and Christian will have some cool spots, but I don't see the other 4 doing many "wow" moments with the stip.

Give me Cesaro, Miz, Sin Cara, Big E, Axel, and Cody.

Nose Master

So for those who don't have cable, where/how do you watch RAW?

Anyone here use Hulu Plus? How is it? I know it's edited but I was hoping to be able to watch full episodes elsewhere legally of course.

Hulu sucks, they cut out random promos and matches. I usually just cross my fingers and search for youtube. After the first four "AUSTIN COMES BACK RAW 06/??/13!!!" and the fucking WWE '13 video game ones, there's sometimes a legit upload.

Striker

I really hope they set up the blue briefcase ladder match tomorrow. RVD and Christian will have some cool spots, but I don't see the other 4 doing many "wow" moments with the stip.
I think Bryan will do some crazy spots, but yeah, Bryan, Christian, and RVD will be certainly produce nice moments but other than that I wouldn't expect much.

Sheamus and Sandow's feud is weird. Why is it still happening when Sheamus always come out the victor, of course aside from the handicap match they had last week? There's a street fight Friday on Smackdown, and what they should be doing is having Cody help him win there, and at a PPV (would have picked MitB but whatever) have Sandow get another victory but without the aid from Cody. Sandow is one guy, along with Cody, who have been doing nothing but losing since the RR. Tag matches with Hell No, always just getting beat, and ever since it's just been changed to Sheamus. There's been no payoff at all for either guy, but I'm sure Triple H's gym buddy will get the last laugh (win, lose, or draw).

ADR and Jericho's match was really nice. They could throw in Jericho for a Triple Threat WHC match, but... Ryback? OK. Gotta end that PPV losing streak somehow.

The Orton topic is another. When he actually tries, and he's not tied to fight guys like Triple H or John Cena, he's not half bad. Christian had great bouts with him too.Then factor in he has some recognizable signature moves the crowd pops for, good look, and is a pretty big dude. Mic work sucks, but it isn't necessary at all times. Too bad he has two strikes, but at least there can't be more of the Cena-Orton rivarly nobody ever wants again.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think Bryan will do some crazy spots, but yeah, Bryan, Christian, and RVD will be certainly produce nice moments but other than that I wouldn't expect much.

Really? Sheamus, Orton, Punk?

Come on. Even Kane can be counted on to take a good bump or two. This match is gonna be off the charts.

Striker

Really? Ziggler, Orton, Punk?

Come on. Even Kane can be counted on to take a good bump or two. This match is gonna be off the charts.
Ziggler may (what's the most "wow!" thing he's done? his bumping is what's gotten him the most famous for us fans, i.e. Tensai throwing him 10 feet over the announce table -- that is still pretty minor compared to, for instance, Sin Cara getting powerbombed through a ladder, MitB 2012), and I can't see others doing that same thing.

Some more snippets from the Jim Cornette interview;

In reference to El Generico signing with WWE;

"He's the type of idiot they would sign these days."

In reference to the Steen/Generico/Cabana/Corino feud;

"Their feud destroyed wrestling, nearly put ROH out of business and is the opposite of what ROH should be about."

In reference to the ROH fans;

"They have the patience of a crack addict."

In regards to A-Double;

"Austin Aries is the most miserable motherfucker in the wrestling business."

Also, he completely buried the Super Smash Bros, who he thinks can't wrestle, have awful gimmicks, have no business being anywhere near ROH and should just retire. God, it must have killed him to hear how over they were with the ROH fans.

Finally, he doesn't seem to fundamentally understand WHY the fans disliked Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team so much - it wasn't because he turned them heel or because of the way they were winning matches, it was because their matches were DULL.

Go home, Jim. You're old.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what's weird? It's all faces in the WWE Title MitB match.

I guess they wanted Bryan to go over their top talent to put him over even more.

Alucard

Banned

"Their feud destroyed wrestling, nearly put ROH out of business and is the opposite of what ROH should be about."

In regards to A-Double;

Also, he completely buried the Super Smash Bros, who he thinks can't wrestle, have awful gimmicks, have no business being anywhere near ROH and should just retire. God, it must have killed him to hear how over they were with the ROH fans.

Finally, he doesn't seem to fundamentally understand WHY the fans disliked Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team so much - it wasn't because he turned them heel or because of the way they were winning matches, it was because their matches were DULL.

I kind of want to see this now, if for nothing more than the laughs.

Love listening to Meltzer rave about New Japan, he's totally on point and it's refreshing to hear him sound so enthused for wrestling. He described the DOMINION PPV well, saying it was one of the best shows of the year and that, while Devitt vs Tanahashi was as good as expected, everything else on the card surpassed expectations. Had a lot of praise for Goto vs Shibata II, calling it the match of the year so far, and the Osaka crowd, who were just electric from start to finish. Really can't wait for the G1 iPPV from there. He mentioned that Goto & Shibata were working WAY too stiff, but the reactions they got from the crowd justified it to a degree. When Shibata hits that nasty-ass headbutt, the crowd are pretty much stunned into silence, then as the referee starts a 10 count they come alive and the sheer volume of the pop for both men getting simply getting to their feet again is crazy. They really had the crowd on the edge of their seats and they reacted perfectly to everything. Awesome match, although I'd probably still score Tanahashi vs Okada IV higher.

Here's some gifs from Goto vs Shibata II;

ijJjBHwocvk5V.gif
ib2D3VUqMnEpAi.gif

iblFpFx3nto5nK.gif
iqlH2A3kEj5Fj.gif

Striker

Sheamus.

I fixed that minutes ago, slowpoke!
I imagine Orton will be doing RKO counter to RVD, Bryan, or Christian as they springboard off the top rope or outside and onto a table -- these guys you listed 99% likely won't be the ones receiving the treatment, though.

Jamie OD

In regards to A-Double;

It's been embarrassing as hell to listen to. Cornette has proven he is heavily out of touch in his ROH role and the interview just seals it. It's a shame since I do think he still knows a lot of little things that can get over with today's audience. If you remember the moment in the ROH Vs CZW Cage of Death when Homicide entered with a 2x4 and smashed it over Eddie Kingston's head sending splinters everywhere, that spot was all Cornette's doing right down to gimmicking the 2x4. But I would never trust him to be in charge of booking an entire company again.

Although with that said, I've heard enough stories about Austin Aries being a prick in real life so Jim's opinion doesn't leave me feeling legit shook.
God damn it you got me saying it now.

Does any of the older generation know that it's pretty much all nerds working in the indy wrestling scene now? Generico being goofy was a major factor for us to fall in love with the guy while the Super Smash Bros being "video game wrestlers" in more ways than one appeals to your typical indy wrestling fan.

The WGTT were dull as top tier talent but they were able to be entertaining. Benjamin at the April Hammerstein show showed more personality in his low card segment than he did at any other point in his ROH run. Haas' drunk apathy gimmick was also morbidly enjoyable even if it was just for how dumb it was.

Does any of the older generation know that it's pretty much all nerds working in the indy wrestling scene now? Generico being goofy was a major factor for us to fall in love with the guy while the Super Smash Bros being "video game wrestlers" in more ways than one appeals to your typical indy wrestling fan.

I doubt it. I don't think Jim ever truly understood why the fans loved those guys, same goes for Steen. He says the fans like Steen because he's "edgy", when it's more to do with the fact that he's a very entertaining wrestler to watch in the ring and he has a lot of a charisma and a great rapport with the fans, not because he was saying "fuck ROH" and dumping people through tables.

Jamie OD said:
The WGTT were dull as top tier talent but they were able to be entertaining. Benjamin at the April Hammerstein show showed more personality in his low card segment than he did at any other point in his ROH run. Haas' drunk apathy gimmick was also morbidly enjoyable even if it was just for how dumb it was.

Definitely, they have been much better apart, whereas with WGTT they seemed to be going through the motions a lot of the time. Charlie's 'Haashole' gimmick was pretty dumb, but I enjoyed his nasty demeanour and thought he worked well as the old-school heel, while Shelton, regardless of his awful promo work, is still a great wrestler with a lot of in-ring talent.

XenoRaven

I really need to finish watching DOMINION. I'm sad pretty much all the remaining matches have been spoiled but I predicted the outcome correctly anyway. Crazy how I can predict match outcomes but I'm still really entertained by the show. It's almost as if I care more about the actual wrestling than I do the results of the wrestling. But that would be impossible.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Any Wrasslegaffers picking up CoH2, I'd like to play with you. I don't take games seriously and I don't play to win, unless it's a fighting game. I just want to have fun.

I really need to finish watching DOMINION. I'm sad pretty much all the remaining matches have been spoiled but I predicted the outcome correctly anyway. Crazy how I can predict match outcomes but I'm still really entertained by the show. It's almost as if I care more about the actual wrestling than I do the results of the wrestling. But that would be impossible.

I got through CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun yesterday but it's been slow going for me somehow. It's such a good show so far. Still waitin' for Okada vs Makabe. I'll get there!

Any Wrasslegaffers picking up CoH2, I'd like to play with you. I don't take games seriously and I don't play to win, unless it's a fighting game. I just want to have fun.

I got through CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun yesterday but it's been slow going for me somehow. It's such a good show so far. Still waitin' for Okada vs Makabe. I'll get there!

I tried to get CoH2 but the dood never got back in touch with me =/

Also, if the briscoes are gone from ROH where are they going next?

WWE or New Japan would be great for them. In WWE I'm sure their characters would serve them well, but there's the potential for them to be turned into comedy characters, or lost in the tag team shuffle. New Japan would be pretty great, as they could definitely have some great matches, be it in the Jr. or Heavyweight tag division - the Japanese crowds have always liked the wild and crazy gaijin wrestlers, I'm sure the Briscoes would go down well over there.

I wouldn't like to see what TNA do with them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE or New Japan would be great for them. In WWE I'm sure their characters would serve them well, but there's the potential for them to be turned into comedy characters, or lost in the tag team shuffle. New Japan would be pretty great, as they could definitely have some great matches, be it in the Jr. or Heavyweight tag division - the Japanese crowds have always liked the wild and crazy gaijin wrestlers, I'm sure the Briscoes would go down well over there.

I'd love to see them go to Japan, that would be absolutely insane. ABSOLUTELY insane. They could really enhance their image - not in a positive way, but in a crazy way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE would never take Briscoes. 90% of their moves drop dudes on their head. Plus they already got Cole for their resident 'f' word dropper.

WWE would never take Briscoes. 90% of their moves drop dudes on their head. Plus they already got Cole for their resident 'f' word dropper.

Well, they apparently considered it, but told them they weren't "cosmetically pleasing", lol.

Also, it's WWE - their move-set could easily be cut down to fit the style, as long as they're allowed to keep the springboard Doomsday Device as their finisher.

. Three point stance into a shoulder tackle
. High angle double-team hip-toss
. Pendulum backbreaker/knee-drop combo
. 3D
. Springboard Doomsday Device

Plus, Jay's big boot & reverse STO, Mark's frog splash elbow & redkneck kung-fu, etc. It could work quite well.

I'd love to see them go to Japan, that would be absolutely insane. ABSOLUTELY insane. They could really enhance their image - not in a positive way, but in a crazy way.

They were in NOAH a few times and had some good matches, but NOAH crowds are pretty terrible and I feel that New Japan would allow them to show off more of their character.

Jamie OD

Well Mark has been acting like a Bushwacker for the last year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BTW those of you repping GWF in the WWE2k14 thread, I genuinely thank you and it blows my mind you guys enjoy GWF as much as you do. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I love doing it but I wouldn't love it if people didn't enjoy it. You all make it worth doing.

BFIB

BTW those of you repping GWF in the WWE2k14 thread, I genuinely thank you and it blows my mind you guys enjoy GWF as much as you do. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I love doing it but I wouldn't love it if people didn't enjoy it. You all make it worth doing.

Sunflower, whats the requirements to be added to the roster?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower, whats the requirements to be added to the roster?

Well, I

He just throws everyone's keys in to a big bowl and if yours are picked out you are one of the lucky participants.

Kinda.

The roster's closed for now, barring any surprises that I've kept under wraps. The main rule (that one of our members LUCKED OUT of) is not asking to be put in. It's a lot more fun and surprising.

Factoid: I'm at the 50 limit with GWF 2.0. I literally can't add anyone else without killing someone off.

Oh, and people MAY die this season, like some did last season.

BFIB

Well, I

Kinda.

The roster's closed for now, barring any surprises that I've kept under wraps. The main rule (that one of our members LUCKED OUT of) is not asking to be put in. It's a lot more fun and surprising.

Factoid: I'm at the 50 limit with GWF 2.0. I literally can't add anyone else without killing someone off.

Oh, and people MAY die this season, like some did last season.

Ah, gotcha. I've only seen one of the shows so far, so I wasn't sure how that all worked.

Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully one day I'll get to job to someone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if you watched the finish to the match I posted. It's not just the Briscoe's doomsday device I'm talking about.

Could you just spell it out for me, because I have no audio and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for

Top Bottom