• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Alucard

Banned
From ROHWorld.com:

-ROH is cancelling all future iPPVs. Probably due to disastrous technical issues.
-The Briscoes want out.

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe I was just in a good mood this morning but watching the last hour and a half of Raw was enjoyable and made me smile, it was an unusual phenomenon.
Couldn't help but wonder why Ryback was so happy after having his match with Jericho was booked, so he goes in demanding a WWE title rematch, ends up against Jericho because of flimsy reasons made up there and then and then he leaves looking pretty chuffed about the whole exchange, guess he forgot why he went there in the first place.

He is probably happy that for once he has a PPV match against someone that loses even more PPV matches than even he himself does.

bangai-o

Banned
Let me clarify some:
1. Ratings have been dropping for years, Cena might very well be a main cause for viewers to turn away from Raw.
2. Viewers turning out five minute after Cena starts talking might well be attributed to the next segment or match because they break down ratings per 15 minutes and not per actual segment.
3. At best on average he gets a 50/50 reaction. For instance last night there were very audible shouts of "boring" during his promo, what message does that send to people watching your program?

I dont think wrestling fandom is down because Cena. I dont think wrestling fandom is down at all. It is just the neilson box thing that is down. We have internet. Fans can watch on youtube or stream illegally. Of course the other piece of evidence is the quiet croweds. We usually attribute the Monday night wars to huge pops, but lets not overblow it too much. Crowds back then also were quiet during under-card matches. They will be pretty quite for a dud show. Besides JerichoXDel Rio, BryanXOrton and AJ, last night was a dud show. The crowed wasn't unappreciative a glorious CM Punk match. They were dead due to a gassed CM Punk that probably asked Darren Young to keep it slow.

He is probably happy that for once he has a PPV match against someone that loses even more PPV matches than even he himself does.

Valid point, Ryback has been on a PPV losing streak, hardly monster material, still at this stage a victory over Jericho doesn't amount to much, maybe they'll have him "take out" Jericho as the cover for him buggering off to do more Fozzy stuff.

JustinBB7

Orton was always good on the mic. Its just when he became face, he pretty much dropped the mic. His wrestling was the same. He was the Legend Killer.

Orton will probably never go back to heel.

Huh why not? Isn't he always pretty vocal about how he loves being a heel and really wants to be one again. I'm sure he will get his wish at some point again.

Hopefully soon, face Orton sucks.

strobogo

Banned
Segment by segment ratings are usually useless. Couldn't the argument for rating drop offs after Cena promos be that people really like Cena and aren't interested in what comes after him? Or random times when a Ryder segment got a big bump. You can't predict it and there are people jumping channels all during the show that might tune in for a few minutes and then move on.

bangai-o

Banned
Huh why not? Isn't he always pretty vocal about how he loves being a heel and really wants to be one again. I'm sure he will get his wish at some point again.

Hopefully soon, face Orton sucks.

He wont because of wwe trying to put out a positive image of their superstars.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HE HAS A NAME GODDAMMIT.

NATHAN "RAD" SPENCER.
eh?

lK4yjRf.jpg

Alucard

Banned
I felt that Orton got more character development last night than he's gotten in months. And it was mostly because of a single handshake. I like this Orton.

Alucard

Banned
Really though, his reaction to the kendo stick submission was spot on. His screams told the story, and you could feel the intensity due to his reaction. Orton looked like a star last night.

somedevil

Raw did a 2.90 rating. I think the hockey game hurt again due to the two top wrestling markets were watching the game and under the dome stole some of there male audience.

DMczaf

July Wrasslin' |OT| The Rock is on the cover of the new WWE game. Raw's main storyline involves Vince, his daughter, and his son. Yes, it's 2013.

KissVibes

Banned
July Wrasslin' |OT| I will walk down the aisle with you
July Wrasslin' |OT| One of A Kind. (Just not the good kind)
July Wrasslin' |OT| The Captain is Back in Command
July Wrasslin' |OT| The Vital Element is Back
July Wrasslin' |OT| I love you, Punk

Think fuck is still a no-no on thread titles.

July Wrasslin' |OT| You're Going to Get Your Fudging Thread Kicked In

gurudyne

July WrasslinGAF |OT| We All A Bunch A Puppets
July WrasslinGAF |OT| Behold the Mythical Dragoatan
July WrasslinGAF |OT| June 2: Twice In A Yeartime

strobogo

Banned
July Wrasslin: I wish someone would kill me so I can stop feeling like I'm being sucked into a vortex that has demons and talking skeletons that tell corny jokes. I can't be friends with a stop motion skeleton who drinks beer and spills it everywhere because he's a skeleton for all of eternity.

AR Fox posted this on his facebook a couple hours ago.

Hey guys, got these jabronis tryin to hold me back n I'm gonna have to get an attorney or something so now I'm starting the " keep Fox free fund" n this is legit too not a work I woulda posted the letters I was sent from court but I can only find pieces of it.. Inbox me if u can help me out man

What kind of trouble could a guy like Fox get into?

Kaladin

July Wrasslin: I wish someone would kill me so I can stop feeling like I'm being sucked into a vortex that has demons and talking skeletons that tell corny jokes. I can't be friends with a stop motion skeleton who drinks beer and spills it everywhere because he's a skeleton for all of eternity.

image.php

Kaladin

Is this overall a bad time for the indies?

WWE is taking indie stars left and right for NXT and the main roster more often

Chikara has closed it's doors and it is still unclear if it is an angle or the end of the promotion.

Ring of Honor is scaling back it's iPPV operations after being the innovator in that area of the business, and also potentially loosing two of their biggest stars.

It seems like one of the worst times for US indies in a while.

DKehoe

Hey guys, got these jabronis tryin to hold me back n I'm gonna have to get an attorney or something so now I'm starting the " keep Fox free fund" n this is legit too not a work I woulda posted the letters I was sent from court but I can only find pieces of it.. Inbox me if u can help me out man

Him saying this demonstrates how amazing the wrestling industry is.

somedevil

Is this overall a bad time for the indies?

WWE is taking indie stars left and right for NXT and the main roster more often

Chikara has closed it's doors and it is still unclear if it is an angle or the end of the promotion.

Ring of Honor is scaling back it's iPPV operations after being the innovator in that area of the business, and also potentially loosing two of their biggest stars.

It seems like one of the worst times for US indies in a while.

I bet the Indies wished that WWE was back to ignoring the Indie talent and just giving the meatheads WWE contracts. Thanks to the success of Bryan, Punk and Triple H with most of the hiring power WWE has basically now taking all the Indie talent they never would of touched in the past.

If New Japan was interested they have a chance to try fill the void here. WWE visits Japan once in a while and it they were interested New Japan should try it out once but I doubt they would though.

Kaladin

Huh, apparently the Campeonatos Des Perejas belts were auctioned off for $4,800 in a silent auction on the CHIKARA message-board.

I heard about that actually. Also, they can't find the Grand Championship apparently. This is sounding more and more like Quack & Co. used their elaborate lore in Chikara to create an out for themselves.

AR Fox posted this on his facebook a couple hours ago.

What kind of trouble could a guy like Fox get into?

Off the top of my head:

He dove onto a person and they're suing
He dove onto someone's stuff and broke it, and they're suing
He dove into a teleportation portal and is trying to patent it

I heard about that actually. Also, they can't find the Grand Championship apparently. This is sounding more and more like Quack & Co. used their elaborate lore in Chikara to create an out for themselves.

Likely. The fake sites and whatnot were crumbs to start a storyline, but yeah, retrofitted to cause an endgame.

Entirely possible that they're still in angle mode, belt wise. That price is a little high for those belts, and not being able to find the singles one is a laugher. They can't use them for shit though since CHIKARA is all over them, unless they decide to modify everything?

Top Bottom