• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

tm24

Hopefully my next avatar. Can someone avatarize that face for me?

iHgXGtFnMTPPa.png

Taz made a cryptic tweet earlier Wednesday about how there's some "big wrestling shows" in Brooklyn soon. He also specifically used the hashtag "#RedHookNearBarclay" which is obviously a reference to WWE taping Monday Night Raw at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn on July 15, the night after the Money in the Bank PPV. To be fair, there is a TNA live event in Brooklyn on July 5 for their annual "BaseBrawl" show at the MCU Park in Coney Island. But the use of the "#RedHookNearBarclay" hashtag makes it obvious he's referencing the WWE show.

He deleted the tweet a few moments later.

PWInsider is reporting now that Taz's TNA contract expires in two weeks and it's possible he's been setting up a WWE return.

Ozone

Just watched the latest NXT.

Is Emma a tweener? She keeps borderlining on it. Either way, I'm still in love with her... and her character.

Is Bo a face or a heel? Or is he a heel who thinks he's a face? Because I want to punch him in that smiling mouth.

Also Leo Krueger is off to a great start with his return. His new titantron creeps me out in the right way, and I enjoyed his interaction with Bo. Could be a fun feud, and the crowd is behind him.

You guys should watch NXT.

bangai-o

Banned
"RVD is back for his first Raw, and boy is he vintage RVDing all over Christian!"

*light go out, operating room beeps*

"oh my gawd, is that?"

"aahhh" -king

"its Taz! He's here to settle that old ECW fued! Vintage belly to belly suplex! RVD bounced all the way across the ring!"

strobogo

Banned
"RVD is back for his first Raw, and boy is he vintage RVDing all over Christian!"

*light go out, operating room beeps*

"oh my gawd, is that?"

"aahhh" -king

"its Taz! He's here to settle that old ECW fued! Vintage belly to belly throw! RVD bounced all the way across the ring!"

Fixed for accuracy.

The NXT announcer called a regular suplex a "throw" on the latest episode. I almost raged into oblivion until William Regal immediately corrected him.

If anybody is still awake right now they're currently showing championship wrestling from hollywood in the new MavTv and the main event is part 1 of the 20 man red carpet rumble for the title. It features my #1 fav 5 wrestler in Ricker

Jamie OD

Just watched the latest NXT.

Is Emma a tweener? She keeps borderlining on it. Either way, I'm still in love with her... and her character.

Is Bo a face or a heel? Or is he a heel who thinks he's a face? Because I want to punch him in that smiling mouth.

Also Leo Krueger is off to a great start with his return. His new titantron creeps me out in the right way, and I enjoyed his interaction with Bo. Could be a fun feud, and the crowd is behind him.

You guys should watch NXT.

Bo is turning heel but still thinks he is a face.

JBL signed a long-term deal when he came back for good. He's going nowhere. Taz would likely be put back on Smackdown to work with Josh Mathews. They worked well together on Velocity.

Oh, I didn't know that. But yeah, commentary was the first thing I thought of when I saw that Taz was hinting his return.

KissVibes

Banned
Taz sucks at commentary in TNA and I never liked him when he was doing it with WWE before he left, either. He always sounds like a fucking idiot.

Taz sucks at commentary in TNA and I never liked him when he was doing it with WWE before he left, either. He always sounds like a fucking idiot.

When he was motivated, he was really good. At some point, he stopped giving a fuck and became shitty. I think being a part of the shitty WWE version of ECW really killed his spirit.

Aren't you angry Beef? angry that the man who once called you a "fuckface" is possibly returning to regularly viewed television where his crude words may very well reach more innocent ears.

Since when did The Truth became The Scene?

When Martini was turned on by Elgin & Strong and then signed Matt Taven as his new client. They even do the same 'pose' on the ring-apron as The Scene.

Not that I'm too bothered, because The Scene were awful (both Konley & Reed are far better as singles wrestlers) and Larry Dallas is quite possibly one of the most irritating managers in wrestling.

Cagey

Banned
545 lbs is pretty light.

His actual record is a 799 lbs raw deadlift.

And that record can't touch The World's Strongest Man. Henry deadlifted 815 in high school, and 903.9 raw as the record, and that's still the world record under drug testing conditions.

Yes I'm excited for the SUMMER OF PAIN. Pay yo fuckin bills.

EDIT: double excited for deadlifts later now. 5/3/1 is testing my patience in terms of ramping up, but I know I have 405 in me right now. I'm just forcing myself to stick with the plan. 365 for 3+ today.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And that record can't touch The World's Strongest Man. Henry deadlifted 815 in high school, and 903.9 raw as the record, and that's still the world record under drug testing conditions.

Yes I'm excited for the SUMMER OF PAIN. Pay yo fuckin bills.

EDIT: double excited for deadlifts later now. 5/3/1 is testing my patience in terms of ramping up, but I know I have 405 in me right now. I'm just forcing myself to stick with the plan. 365 for 3+ today.

I hear you brother. I can deadlift my car, but it's a small car. Feels greato.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't deadlift anything.

But I can eat what I want and don't spend hours lifting useless items, so I am good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But I can eat what I want and don't spend hours lifting useless items, so I am good.

Same here. Work smarter. Understanding of exercise and nutrition has come a long way in even the past ten years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can deadlift heavy items without exercising?

This sounds like a infomercial.

I don't spend hours and hours on it. You can get very strong with just 20 minutes every other day*

for the first six months or so until your noob gainz exhaust themselves. also keep eating your body requires fuel. Actually fuck it, just come to fit-gaf and you'd be surprised how easily you can make yourself amazing if you have a little discipline. It's NOT hell.

dream

Most likely, the only reason Bryan didn’t get fined heavily or fired is because Vince McMahon wasn’t there and because Levesque, who was in charge, had great sympathy for Danielson’s position, mentality and where he was coming from because of his own experience in being insistent on finishing what was planned when badly hurt (the famous HHH & Austin vs. Benoit & Jericho match from 2001 in San Jose on Raw where HHH tore his quad a few minutes before the planned finish of a match where the finish was of utmost importance given the direction). One person noted that Danielson completely freaked out and went way overboard, calling everyone motherf***ers, yelling not just at HHH but also at Sampson (who as noted was 100% not clued in to anything), John Laurinaitis and Hayes, who happened to be there. He also continued backstage, making the point that he should have been able to decide if he was hurt enough to continue, and that in 13 years of wrestling all over the world, he had never had a match stopped.

Sounds like a goddamn psychopath. Isn't it amazing that in 2013 guys can still be such marks for themselves?

Aiii

So not worth it
Sounds like a goddamn psychopath. Isn't it amazing that in 2013 guys can still be such marks for themselves?

Sounds like a guy that takes tremendous pride in his in-ring work and his obligation to entertain, that acted out in the heat of the moment while still worked up and full of adrenaline.All his did was yell and shout for fucks sake, it's not like he went about murdering his wife and child or something.

Besides, pretty much everyone goes on record that Vince loves passionate people. Some of the biggest pushes were received after people went into Vince's office to yell at him about how he was not utilizing them. I doubt he would've gotten more than a stern talking to from Vince as well.

dream

I just feel that using the M-word violates every code in the locker room and if Undertaker was still full time, Daniel Bryan would have been hauled into Wrestler's Court for that breach of etiquette.

Aiii

So not worth it
Orton literally flips guys off midmatch.

Pretty sure Motherfucker is likely the least worst profanity used in the lockerroom considering the people in it.

dream

But RKO is a locker room leader who only does that when people deserve it. Daniel Bryan is a comparative rookie compared to RKO and especially HHH, who I thought showed incredibly restraint and mercy in a situation where his employee was being flagrantly belligerent and insubordinate in front of the other Superstars.

Sokantish

dream how do you know so much about the locker room code and that HHH handled himself well in the situation?!

Which WWE Superstar are you? You slipped up, you might as well tell us now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The American dream, Dusty Rhodes, it was staring us in the face all along.

ith true play-BAIIIIII

Seriously though that kind of behavior is bad, period, because people shouldn't act like that. "Heat of the moment" is no excuse for anyone. But hey whatever I just watch wrestling, I give no shits.

Top Bottom