• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

image.php

Lol, I can actually hear all of this in Timothy Dalton's megalomaniacal voice from Hot Fuzz/Chuck.

In keeping this with the wrestling theme, do you know how amazing his Hot Fuzz character would be.. as a wrestler!? He doesn't even need to change his name. Simon Skinner is an amazing name.

gurudyne

In keeping this with the wrestling theme, do you know how amazing his Hot Fuzz character would be.. as a wrestler!? He doesn't even need to change his name. Simon Skinner is an amazing name.

images

"Simon Skinner, you act as if you're dangerous business but I, the CHAMP! AM! HERE!, in front of the WWE Universe(TM) to say don't flatter yourself, Simon. Or should I say
Sissy?
"

wwe-raw-20101005021312022.jpg

*snort*

strobogo

Banned
Hey guys, I want you all to know I went all in on a new TV and BR player. 40 inch Samsung Smart LED. It's pretty boss. And cheaper at Meijer (Mid West big box chain that has higher prices on pretty much everything, but also higher quality stuff than Walmart) than Amazon somehow. The first movie to break it in? Dirty Harry. Suck it.

Now I can see Kane's wonky eye, bad wig, and gut in stunning HD!

Kaladin

Hey guys, I want you all to know I went all in on a new TV and BR player. 40 inch Samsung Smart LED. It's pretty boss. And cheaper at Meijer (Mid West big box chain that has higher prices on pretty much everything, but also higher quality stuff than Walmart) than Amazon somehow. The first movie to break it in? Dirty Harry. Suck it.

Nice. Samsung was the right way to go as far as I'm concerned. 40" is also the perfect size. Not too big for sitting close and big enough to fill a small room if you want a theater type setting. Hook that shit up to your PC as a second monitor via HDMI for real awesome sauce for gaming and second screen media viewing.

strobogo

Banned
I'd need to get an DVI-HDMI converter first. I figured the BR player would come with an HDMI cable, but it didn't of course. I don't know why I have one here considering none of the TVs have HDMI until this one entered the house. I need to get a second one for my 360. I'm ready. So ready. Into my veins. All over my face.

I sit with in 2-3 feet just due to room lay out, and it looks great this close.

DAT EMMA ENTRANCE ON NXT!
the match was garbage, I blame Aksana

lol that Bo Dallas match was hilarious he was getting Boo'd but overall it was more just awkward silence.

WAT. Obviously Dirty Harry is amazing, but you can't break in a new bluray player and an HDTV with a grainy, darkly lit 70s crime movie. S'rong witchu?

Go get something from Pixar. Go get Avatar. Go get Blade Runner. Planet Earth. Baraka. 2001. Speed Racer. Embrace the colors.

strobogo

Banned
Well, all I have on me at the moment is Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, Dirty Harry, and Safe House. I felt like Dirty Harry would be the best choice. I will definitely pick up some nature/Pixar stuff when I go back to the libarry, though. This looks pretty great without even really adjusting any of the settings. Getting my apps and shit and ready to go. Pretty pumped.

Although, switching my view from the TV to the computer monitor is totally fucking with me. I need a keyboard for this, too. I need to be able to re-read Sunny's swinger den thread on a 40 inch screen.

Blade Runner is on my list of things to get, even though I'm not really into the movie. But the DVD looks stunning, so I can't even imagine how amazing the BR is.

WAT. Obviously Dirty Harry is amazing, but you can't break in a new bluray player and an HDTV with a grainy, darkly lit 70s crime movie. S'rong witchu?

Go get something from Pixar. Go get Avatar. Go get Blade Runner. Planet Earth. Baraka. 2001. Speed Racer. Embrace the colors.

All I got from this post was "DIRTY HARRY? IN 2013!?"

<3

Well, all I have on me at the moment is Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, Dirty Harry, and Safe House. I felt like Dirty Harry would be the best choice. I will definitely pick up some nature/Pixar stuff when I go back to the libarry, though. This looks pretty great without even really adjusting any of the settings. Getting my apps and shit and ready to go. Pretty pumped.

Blade Runner is on my list of things to get, even though I'm not really into the movie. But the DVD looks stunning, so I can't even imagine how amazing the BR is.

Good. You won't be disappointed. I have a Samsung LCD from ~4 years ago and I'm still blown away by how good movies look. It's the pre-90s 4K/8K remasters that shock me the most. Stuff like Lawrence of Arabia look mindblowing.

All I got from this post was "DIRTY HARRY? IN 2013!?"

<3

iwt1MGBAM6K8g.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't blame you, it was a "only watching for the atmosphere and camerawork" thing for me, but I'm actually enjoying it this year. Check the reviews. It's like they finally found their footing.
Funnily enough it was an article from the AV Club that made me quit the show. It pointed out all the faults and I was like: whelp.

Maybe I'll get back into it sometime down the road, but for now I should get to Arrested Development and Breaking Bad.

KissVibes

Banned

He can at least watch a good film while he's at it.

bangai-o

Banned
i did the same as Ply Wood. i like Linden and Holder, but I had to stop watching in season 1.

I wonder if the Funkadactyles are taller then me.

Funnily enough it was an article from the AV Club that made me quit the show. It pointed out all the faults and I was like: whelp.

Maybe I'll get back into it sometime down the road, but for now I should get to Arrested Development and Breaking Bad.

I don't know man, those are pretty mediocre shows you got there. Watch The Killing instead............./Prof Beef

FINISH THOSE SHOWS DON'T LISTEN TO BEEF, HE'S DUM

He can at least watch a good film while he's at it.

The first 3-6 months of blu rays shouldn't be about film quality. You just want to sufficiently burn your eyes with beautiful colors and IQ. Once you're past that phase, move on to the good stuff.

I like the Avatar Collector's Edition cut. Movie gets way too much hate.

Though to be fair, the only version I watched was a bootleg DVD on those small and shitty bus TV screens while on a field trip to an amusement park :lol

I guess I saw past the pretty graphics, and had to "appreciate" the god awful narrative and stilted acting.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Only one I've seen is Lethal Weapon 4 which has Jet Life in it. It also has Chris Rock and at one point he and Joe Pesci have an annoying-off.

strobogo

Banned
Blade Runner is fuck all boring discuss

I 1000% agree. But it looks amazing and I'd like to see that look on this fine ass new TV. I'm actually watching The Incredible Hulk first since I figured it'd look better than Dirty Harry. I've never actually seen it, either. It's the only MCU movie I haven't seen and I don't know why. I'm not hating it. I'm mostly using it as a way to figure out how I want my settings to be. It's also making me feel good about my big nose pores.

Motherfucking Lonely Man song is playing! Also, I'm drinking , so what looks good to me now might not tomorrow. I've had more to drink in the last 2 months than my entire life. And it is always alone and in the dark. Does that mean I'm an alcoholic? But so far, I have contrast and color settings pretty high and I'm liking it. I don't buy Roth as a military man at all, though.

CM Punk is not all that great a wrestler, and has as limited a moveset as John Cena. Cena arguably has better high flying moves than Punk

DISCUSS?

bangai-o

Banned
I 1000% agree. But it looks amazing and I'd like to see that look on this fine ass new TV. I'm actually watching The Incredible Hulk first since I figured it'd look better than Dirty Harry. I've never actually seen it, either. It's the only MCU movie I haven't seen and I don't know why. I'm not hating it. I'm mostly using it as a way to figure out how I want my settings to be. It's also making me feel good about my big nose pores.

Motherfucking Lonely Man song is playing! Also, I'm drinking , so what looks good to me now might not tomorrow. I've had more to drink in the last 2 months than my entire life. And it is always alone and in the dark. Does that mean I'm an alcoholic? But so far, I have contrast and color settings pretty high and I'm liking it. I don't buy Roth as a military man at all, though.

you picked the wrong Hulk movie to watch. 2002 Hulk is superior.

strobogo

Banned
Maybe, but this is the one I have in my house right now. So that's the one I'm watching. I'm around 40 minutes in and I think it's pretty good so far.

bangai-o

Banned
Maybe, but this is the one I have in my house right now. So that's the one I'm watching. I'm around 40 minutes in and I think it's pretty good so far.

you should order Dredd 3d. Get yourself a bottle of Presidente and you will have the greatest movie experience on your brand new espensive tv.

edit

someone tell Bill De'Mott that he is supposed to be hiring wrestlers.

Post for the new Paige...

iPZf1buevBUwK.png

Woah, according to Metlzer, we're getting 4 New Japan iPPVs over July & August;

. Kizuna Road - 07/05 - Tokyo Korakuen Hall
. Kizuna Road - 07/20 - Akita Municipal Gymnasium
. G1 Climax XXIII - 08/04 - Osaka Bodymaker Colosseum
. G1 Climax XXIII FINAL - 08/11 - Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

Also, he gave 5 matches on the DOMINION card **** or above, while it was cool to note that on a poll on the Observer website the show got 100% thumbs up from the fans. Really worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet, one of the best shows of the year.

A couple of New Japan notes from the Oberserver;

In an interesting interview with Weekly Pro Wrestling, New Japan President Naoki Sugabayashi talked about how Pro Wrestling NOAH, not New Japan, was the promotion of the decade in Japan in the 00s. Most would agree with that, but that would be like Kevin Dunn or HHH saying NOAH or CMLL was better than WWE in the last decade.

The reason Stan Hansen was at the Osaka show is because they are working on a legends deal with him for video games and trading cards.

In All Japan news, here's the list of who is and isn't leaving after the big Sumo Hall show on Sunday;

Staying; Last Revolution (Suwama & Joe Doering), GET WILD (Manabu Soya & Takao Omori), Burning (Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki), KENSO, Sushi, Taiyo Kea & Akebono.

Leaving; Keiji Mutoh, Stack of Arms (Masakatsu Funaki & Masayuki Kono), Last Revolution (Shuji Kondo, Kaz Hayashi & Yasufumi Nakanoue), Junior Stars (Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka), Hiroshi Yamato, KAI, Seiya Sanada, Ryota Hama & Masanobu Fuchi.

This is going to be weird going forward - I don't know if the remaining All Japan roster is strong enough to survive without heavy use of freelancers and gaijin talent (AJPW never bring in too many foreigners these days, but do have a working relationship with BJW, so I expect to see more Sekimoto & Okabayashi in coming months). Also, presuming all those leaving end up following Mutoh to his new promotion, is that roster strong enough to draw for a brand new project? Probably not. It would be a different matter if Burning were leaving, as they're the real saving grace of All Japan at the moment.

Some WWE notes;

On the Colt Cabana tryout, it was something that came about that didn&#8217;t have to do with Punk. WWE contacted him for the tryouts a few months ago, and he did one, and then a few months later, did a second one.

We've got James Gibson to thank for all these recent WWE indie signings, apparently;

One of the reasons WWE has brought in so many of the top indie guys is that Jamie Noble keeps up with that scene and he&#8217;s the one who recommends the guys. Most of the other people in the company in power would have no clue who the people on that scene are.

It looks like the WWE is going to have a Hall of Fame location at TNA&#8217;s old home, the Universal theme park in Orlando. Word from the park is that the NBA City table-service location is shutting down. There is talk it would be remodeled as the WWE Hall of Fame.

RVD on signing with WWE on Voice of Wrestling radio, said that he was definitely not interested in a full-time schedule. He said at first WWE wanted him full-time and he wanted part-time. &#8220;Now things have changed; there&#8217;s different people in the office there that are more sympathetic and understanding to the road life combined with the wrestling career. They came around. This is going to be awesome. There is a lot of excitement.&#8221; He said, &#8220;With one 48 second video, WWE made RVD more relevant than he had been in the past several years. A lot of fans don&#8217;t watch (TNA). People were asking me if I retired, and I felt like a constant ambassador telling people to watch TNA to see me.

The target date for moving developmental to Orlando is 7/11, coinciding with the next television taping. There will be a press conference and press invitations for both the grand opening and the tapings later that night. One wrestler who has seen the new facility said it is really incredible and they are very excited about the move. With the new larger facility, with more rings and more space, the feeling is they can bring in more talent into the system. They&#8217;ve had about 75 there and that number is likely to increase slightly, to maybe as much as 100.

There are no plans for Del Rio to go back to the car entrances now that he&#8217;s back a heel. There were those who were negative about it because the feeling is every fan knew it was fake and forced.

Oh god;

An interesting sidebar to the Cena vs. Bryan match, which is now planned to co-headline SummerSlam with Lesnar vs. Punk, is that the Divas reality show on E! will be airing at that point so it will be acknowledged that Nikki is Cena&#8217;s girlfriend and Brie is Bryan&#8217;s girlfriend. Given they want to promote the show, it wouldn&#8217;t surprise me at all if the twins are involved, or even put in the opposite corners so they are featured as two of the major focus points of the PPV while their show is going on.

Some new diva signings, courtesy of Bill DeMott;

. Brittany Fetkin, 22, is a model from Temecula, CA
. C.J. Perry, ??, bikini model/actress from Latvia
. Ericka Hammond, 22, bikini model from Waco, TX

Puts those accusations made (and then swiftly deleted) by Ziggler's little brother into perspective;

ibc1fzHhUM7Ygv.jpg

ibvIorXzo0QjPr.jpg

ibsL6CI4gF6DYE.jpg

Plywood said:
It's weird how much they protect Bill Demott in spite of the stories that have come out about him.

It really is...hell, it's pretty weird he ended so high up in WWE's developmental program anyways. What's Bill DeMott ever done worth shit?

Top Bottom