• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This must have been a rib on whoever put this together.

Granted there are some good one in there, but 50!

"Hey Chris...alright I got a good one this time. Ultimate endurance test. FIFTY of Cena's BEST matches."

"...fuck, I don't think I can do that. That's a good one. Let's see what happens. No way does he have 50 matches people enjoyed."

God help me, in order to explain how easy it is to get a concussion, I posted the video of R-Truth knocking Ted DiBiase Jr silly at OTL2010...in the Zimmerman thread. I don't mean it like that, people!

Hahaha, I posted Booker T to demonstrate how black people sometimes refer to white people using a word that might not seem to make sense.

strobogo

Banned
Hey now, Cena's capable of good matches that DON'T require someone else carrying him.

Some of them out there. Was glad to see Cena/Bork on there from ER last year. But a lot of that was Bork. Bork is a world-class talent.

I think it was about 90% Bork being Bork for a half hour, but part of what made it so good was that Bork was Borking Cena and not some random MMA schlub (who probably would beat him up anyway). He could have had that exact match with HHH and it wouldn't have been the same because it was great seeing someone really kick the shit out of Cena for a while. Just beating the PISS out of him for a half hour. PISS. PISS.

PISS.

Hey guys!

John Cena's 50 greatest matches

20120622_Light_Cenas_Greatest_Matches_homepage.jpg

Cena vs Punk on RAW, nowhere to be found. wtf!

#01: John Cena vs. Edge -- Unforgiven 2006 (September 17, 2006)
#02: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels -- Monday Night Raw (April 23, 2007)
#03: John Cena vs. Randy Orton -- Bragging Rights 2009 (October 25, 2009)
#04: John Cena vs. Triple H -- WrestleMania 22 (April 2, 2006)
#05: John Cena vs. CM Punk -- Money in the Bank 2011 (July 17, 2011)
#06: John Cena vs. Umaga -- Royal Rumble 2007 (January 28, 2007)
#07: John Cena vs. Batista -- WrestleMania XXVI (March 28, 2010)
#08: John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar -- Extreme Rules 2012 (April 29, 2012)
#09: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels -- WrestleMania 23 (April 1, 2007)
#10: John Cena vs. Kurt Angle -- Smackdown (June 27, 2002)
#11: John Cena vs Sheamus vs. Triple H vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton -- Elimination Chamber 2010 (February 21, 2010)
#12: John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio -- Monday Night Raw (July 25, 2011)
#13: John Cena vs. Booker T -- No Mercy 2004 (October 3, 2004)
#14: John Cena vs. Chris Jericho -- SummerSlam 2005 (August 21, 2005)
#15: John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam -- ECW One Night Stand 2006 (June 11, 2006)
#16: John Cena vs. The Big Show -- WrestleMania XX (March 14, 2004)
#17: John Cena vs. The Undertaker -- June 24, 2004
#18: John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels -- Survivor Series 2009 (November 22, 2009)
#19: 2008 Royal Rumble -- Royal Rumble 2008 (January 27, 2008)
#20: John Cena vs. JBL -- Judgment Day 2005 (May 22, 2005)
#21: John Cena vs. Kurt Angle -- No Way Out 2005 (February 20, 2005)
#22: John Cena vs. Triple H -- Night of Champions 2008 (June 29, 2008)
#23: John Cena vs. The Rock -- WrestleMania 29 (April 7, 2013)
#24: John Cena vs. Randy Orton -- Breaking Point 2009 (September 13, 2009)
#25: John Cena vs. Edge -- Backlash 2009 (April 26, 2009)
#26: John Cena vs. Sabu -- WWE vs. ECW Head to Head (June 7, 2006)
#27: John Cena vs. Batista -- Extreme Rules 2010 (April 25, 2010)
#28: John Cena & The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho & The Big Show -- Monday Night Raw (November 16, 2009)
#29: John Cena vs. Eddie Guerrero -- Smackdown (September 11, 2003)
#30: John Cena vs. Triple H -- Monday Night Raw (October 19, 2009)
#31: John Cena vs. Edge vs. The Big Show -- WrestleMania 25 (April 5, 2009)
#32: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Kane vs. Kurt Angle vs. Carlito vs. Chris Masters -- New Year's Revolution 2006 (January 8, 2006)
#33: John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Edge -- Monday Night Raw (July 3, 2006)
#34: John Cena vs. The Undertaker -- Vengeance 2003 (July 27, 2003)
#35: John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar -- Backlash 2003 (April 17, 2003)
#36: John Cena vs. Wade Barrett -- TLC 2010 (December 19, 2010)
#37: John Cena, The Undertaker, Triple H, & Shawn Michaels vs. CM Punk, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, & Ted DiBiase -- Smackdown (October 2, 2009)
#38: John Cena vs. Chris Jericho -- Monday Night Raw (August 22, 2005)
#39: John Cena vs. Randy Orton -- SummerSlam 2007 (August 26, 2007)
#40: John Cena vs. Triple H -- Backlash 2006 (April 30, 2006)
#41: John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Edge, Chris Jericho, Bret Hart, R-Truth, & John Morrison vs. Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, David Otunga, Skip Sheffield, Michael Tarver, & Darren Young -- SummerSlam 2010 (August 15, 2010)
#42: John Cena vs. The Rock -- WrestleMania 28 (April 1, 2012)
#43: John Cena vs. Kane -- Elimination Chamber 2012 (February 19, 2012)
#44: John Cena vs. The Miz vs. John Morrison -- Extreme Rules 2011 (May 1, 2011)
#45: John Cena vs. Sheamus vs. CM Punk vs. Randy Orton vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth -- Elimination Chamber 2011 (February 20, 2011)
#46: John Cena vs. Kurt Angle -- No Mercy 2003 (October 19, 2003)
#47: John Cena & The Rock vs. The Miz & R-Truth -- Survivor Series 2011 (November 20, 2011)
#48: John Cena vs. Booker T -- SummerSlam 2004 (August 15, 2004)
#49: John Cena, Hulk Hogan, & Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho, Christian, & Tomko -- Monday Night Raw (June 27, 2005)
#50: John Cena vs. JBL -- WrestleMania 21 (April 3, 2005)

Coming to think of it, i'm pretty sure they posted that list at some point last year, only now it has Cena's redemption match of super redemption against the Gassed one on it.

What was the storyline for the John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels RAW hour long match?

I remember they had to go long because Ortan got sent home from that tour for being a dick but what was there a Cena / HBK feud?

What was the storyline for the John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels RAW hour long match?

I remember they had to go long because Ortan got sent home from that tour for being a dick but what was there a Cena / HBK feud?

Michaels challenged him to a rematch of their WM match, which had just happened.

So I'm watching Smackdown, and it opens with the Dublin street fight with Sandow and Sheamus.

Well.. uhh.. there's a lot of green... green bar stools, green kendo sticks, etc.. there's sacks of potatoes... there's a few "bars" set up, and a keg was used as a weapon...

The actual match ended up pretty good, if predictable. But it was also cringeworthy as well... as to be expected, I guess, haha

tm24

Since I know nothing about basketball can someone explain why he is hated so much?
Hes an authority figure of a sport. They all get booed. Theres some actaul hate here and there from his policies, but most of it is tradition in Sterns case. He's retiring after this season, so this was his last draft. On his last pick, the crowd actually gave him a standing O and chanted his name.when he announced that his deputy commisioner was announcing the second round, he was cheered as normal because he wasnt Stern, but assoon as Stern said welcome your new commishioner, the crowd turned on the deputy commishioner and started booing.

Also, if any sports authority resembled Vince, it would be Stern

Jamie OD

Reports are starting to show up online that Matt Borne, the original Doink the Clown has died. That sucks. I recently saw some of his promos in ECW when he was doing the "Borne Again" gimmick and sort of acting like Brian Pillman. They were pretty good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reports are starting to show up online that Matt Borne, the original Doink the Clown has died. That sucks. I recently saw some of his promos in ECW when he was doing the "Borne Again" gimmick and sort of acting like Brian Pillman. They were pretty good.

Bad news. RIP Doink. You were forced to work with shit, and made it good.

The more I look at the stuff on RudoReels the more I can't help but feel that perhaps this is stuff being taken from private trackers, and offered at a price? I hope I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finally. Okada vs Makabe. Did it deliver?

Oh god yes, amazing match. One of the best this year.

Gedo continues to crack me up with the rubbing of the thumb to fingers to signify money. And of course always good to see STANSEN, a "ribbinga regendas" - and Makabe is so over.

What a fucking match, everyone, watch it if you haven't (thanks Bootaaay for providing this)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11aq35#.Uc3X95x0p5I

somedevil

Finally. Okada vs Makabe. Did it deliver?

Oh god yes, amazing match. One of the best this year.

Gedo continues to crack me up with the rubbing of the thumb to fingers to signify money. And of course always good to see STANSEN, a "ribbinga regendas" - and Makabe is so over.

What a fucking match, everyone, watch it if you haven't (thanks Bootaaay for providing this)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11aq35#.Uc3X95x0p5I

My question is when Prince Devitt came in and him Okada cut promos on each other do they actually understand what the other is saying? It looked like Bad Luck Fale was there to translate for Devitt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since I finished DOMINION I gotta say... Goto/Shibata was best.

Okada, despite putting on wonderful matches, feels listless now and doesn't fit as well as he did when Tanahashi was all over everything. Like he hasn't found his place.

The matches are wonderful, but I wonder what's ahead.

I like Justin Gabriel. He's entertaining. And he's beating on Ryback pretty good early on in this match.

I'd like if Gabriel was used more, and not just as fodder, either.

Bootaaay help me out. I found a website a few months ago that looked decent for getting older wrestling tapes, but I forgot to bookmark it... and well now I can't find it again. It had British Wrestling, old IWA-MS shows on it, as well as other things.

Share with me you tape trading sites, please.

Top Bottom