• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

why not? the show hasn't given any impression that Punk doesnt want to face him.

Well it seems like they're pushing Jericho hard as the face* and a returning Punk in Chicago would be over huge with the audience, so I'm feeling they'll do a bait and switch with Curt Genesis.

GWF reveal is live! Can't wait for July 4th!

Featuring:
Frankman
B-Arthur
TM24
Mr. Luchador
Master Kwon15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecP3MgJJJMY&feature=youtu.be

How the hell
am I not a part of the prime version of #teammask? It's like... my thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell
am I not a part of the prime version of #teammask? It's like... my thing.

You may fit better elsewhere...

Heya. I lurk WrestleGAF for the most part, just stopping in to say this (probably against my better judgement).

The CHIKARA thing isn't a work. The conglomerate stuff and whatnot is, but the company shutting down and whatnot is not. A lot of my friends looking for bookings in wrestling isn't a work either.

Source: Me. Take it for what you will. If you have questions, feel free to ask, but I can't/won't answer them here. Just trying to save ya'll some time.

Welcome, first! Also, it sounds like they're work-ing around real life issues. Which sucks, but they're making the most of it. That's how it sounds at least.

tumblr_inline_mnw4tuqwL61rq3did.jpg

Interesting.

So pretty much what the rumours implied - real life stuff forcing CHIKARA to cease to exist as-is, with the long-running 'congolomerate that owns CHIKARA' storyline adapted to fit.

Correcto. It was essentially retconned to fit the end, and justify the split. It's been fairly obvious since January that this was the endgame. They just had enough pieces to try and tie it together.

And just to nip it in the bud in case someone asks; no, I didn't start/feed that rumor to anyone. GAF is the only time I've even talked about it besides with friends, and that's only because I'd rather not have people go down the terrifying rabbit hole of storyline doom!

Welcome, first! Also, it sounds like they're work-ing around real life issues. Which sucks, but they're making the most of it. That's how it sounds at least.

Thanks! Truth be told, I'm a bit jaded when it comes to wrestling now.

Spoilered for my sake
I used to train at the Wrestle Factory, stopped, and started filming pro wrestling instead in 2010, including CZW for 2 and a half years. I quit recently and mostly film other indies, but the bulk of my work has always been in other sports. They pay much better, and there's much less stress!

In regards to making the most of it...I wish that was the case. In both a damage control and general sense, this situation could not have been handled in a worse manner.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being a stick in the mud and such. I have no personal bias against anybody involved.

Kaladin

Correcto. It was essentially retconned to fit the end, and justify the split. It's been fairly obvious since January that this was the endgame. They just had enough pieces to try and tie it together.

And just to nip it in the bud in case someone asks; no, I didn't start/feed that rumor to anyone. GAF is the only time I've even talked about it besides with friends, and that's only because I'd rather not have people go down the terrifying rabbit hole of storyline doom!

Thanks! Truth be told, I'm a bit jaded when it comes to wrestling now.

Spoilered for my sake
I used to train at the Wrestle Factory, stopped, and started filming pro wrestling instead in 2010, including CZW for 2 and a half years. I quit recently and mostly film other indies, but the bulk of my work has always been in other sports. They pay much better, and there's much less stress!

In regards to making the most of it...I wish that was the case. In both a damage control and general sense, this situation could not have been handled in a worse manner.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being a stick in the mud and such. I have no personal bias against anybody involved.

Welcome **shakes hand**

Do you recon Chikara can return from this? It's looking more and more like no.

Welcome **shakes hand**

Do you recon Chikara can return from this? It's looking more and more like no.

Thanks!

No. This is the point of no return. The possibility of the brand itself returning is next to zero, and would require a whole lot of things to fall into place.

Even if this did happen, far too many bridges have been burned to make it the same again.

I would love to be wrong, and I truly wish that, sans one person, everybody lands on their feet and makes the best out of the situation. It's an opportunity of freedom. One that I took last year, after doing the preshow for last June's iPPV.
I was the one who produced the live preshows until that show, and stopped working with Chikara a few months after that for budget and scheduling reasons (mainly I wanted more money, and was too busy).

Edit/Addendum: I'll nip this in the bud for the sake of me, since apparently this is a thing: I'm not doing some viral thing or whatnot for the Chikara storyline. I've been on GAF for ages but usually don't talk about my work except with friends. This is a rare thing.

Also, I deal in facts, not rumors and hearsay. Anything I talk about here is either known by me through personal experience or legitimate documents, none of which lends enough credence to send to any form of wrestling dirtsheet/newsletter.

Kaladin

Thanks!

No. This is the point of no return. The possibility of the brand itself returning is next to zero, and would require a whole lot of things to fall into place.

Even if this did happen, far too many bridges have been burned to make it the same again.

I would love to be wrong, and I truly wish that, sans one person, everybody lands on their feet and makes the best out of the situation. It's an opportunity of freedom. One that I took last year, after doing the preshow for last June's iPPV.
I was the one who produced the live preshows until that show, and stopped working with Chikara a few months after that for budget and scheduling reasons (mainly I wanted more money, and was too busy).

Edit/Addendum: I'll nip this in the bud for the sake of me, since apparently this is a thing: I'm not doing some viral thing or whatnot for the Chikara storyline. I've been on GAF for ages but usually don't talk about my work except with friends. This is a rare thing.

Also, I deal in facts, not rumors and hearsay. Anything I talk about here is either known by me through personal experience or legitimate documents, none of which lends enough credence to send to any form of wrestling dirtsheet/newsletter.

Got ya. I take anything I hear on this with a grain of salt, but one thing sticks out in my mind and I don't think the hardcore Chikara fans get this. No wrestling company has ever closed it's doors for the sake of an elaborate angle, it's just not good business. A lot of people want to hold on that this is just an angle but I'm not so sure. It could be, and they sure did a lot to prepare their long term hardcore fanbase for something like this, but no company closes it's doors, lets it's workers look for work elsewhere, liquidates what it can and looses money to work their fanbase. I'm just not buying it.

bangai-o

Banned
Well it seems like they're pushing Jericho hard as the face* and a returning Punk in Chicago would be over huge with the audience, so I'm feeling they'll do a bait and switch with Curt Genesis.

i dont know. Dreamcast is already getting pushed by Triple H AND Cena. Why utilize Jericho for the same push?

tm24

Cool stuff bro, thanks for sharing! Also, post more!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
http://25.media.tumblr.com/94699ef35d43cb2668bd876b00c54b63/tumblr_mns8xxLiSg1s41qnlo1_500.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/734be0fa39e1dea8777658186a725edb/tumblr_mns8u9x93x1s41qnlo1_500.png
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d378aa990ef0efcb328660c4a10273b9/tumblr_mnjfe6IIP81s41qnlo1_500.png[IMG]
bret's poor h(e)art[/QUOTE]

This is a Photoshop waiting to happen.

strobogo

Banned
The best thing about Big E is that his singlet is intentionally smaller and smaller on Raw. Even after he got called up, he wore his normal sized singlet on NXT, but started wearing smaller and smaller ones on Raw. GIMMICK!

mouserat

Neo Member
No way Punk is going to no show in Chicago. WWE know that they will have PPV buys for Punk alone, and the Chicago crowd's reaction to a no-show would literally ruin any match they have. Heyman even sold it to the TV audience in advance that Jericho gets booed in Chicago even though he's the heel, because the WWE sell their angles through promos, commentary and perceived crowd reaction. If they brought out Axel he and Jericho would be buried by the live fans, and with ratings so horribly low right now they really can't afford to be playing such an underhand trick on viewers.

Since there's only one more RAW til Payback, I would be surprised if HHHs appearance this Monday didn't solidify some PPV programme with Axel.

Got ya. I take anything I hear on this with a grain of salt, but one thing sticks out in my mind and I don't think the hardcore Chikara fans get this. No wrestling company has ever closed it's doors for the sake of an elaborate angle, it's just not good business. A lot of people want to hold on that this is just an angle but I'm not so sure. It could be, and they sure did a lot to prepare their long term hardcore fanbase for something like this, but no company closes it's doors, lets it's workers look for work elsewhere, liquidates what it can and looses money to work their fanbase. I'm just not buying it.

A lot of the stuff could easily be worked, like the liquidation (though I doubt that, considering most of it is CHIKARA branded) and people saying they're looking for work (and if this is the case, I'm going to tackle my friends)

The lines got blurred as heavily as they could be to give it an exit without being one, essentially. But the base concept is real. CHIKARA is gone, but being rebranded as Wrestling Is.. . The splinter places all have different owners, however.

Cool stuff bro, thanks for sharing! Also, post more!

No problem! I will! I felt it would've been unwise a few years ago, since I didn't want to come off as a shill, but now that I have mostly sunsetted any wrestling work, I'll gladly post in here more often. I have tons of fun stories, like the time where we went to England and Germany to film CZW. One of the most fulfilling things I've ever done!

Either way, I think I've inadvertently dominated a good part of the thread, so I'll back off on talking about most of the other stuff now.

...Also Tanahashi is a bitch. #TeamOkada

strobogo

Banned
I really think someone from WWE.com is in Wrasslegaf. Not only did they put up a bunch of WCW stuff right after I reviewed it all, but now they have a big thing about hidden gems from Velocity. Right after I did a bunch of Velocity stuff. Wat.

strobogo

Banned
Shield (and D-Bryne) matches are so weird since they are the only ones all show where the crowd actually stands up and reacts to the stuff in between entrances and finishers.

I think they announced it today, Rampage.

As in Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Yeah... I don't know why. I mean people know him but he probably won't appear on TNA. Like king mo. Except that one time in a Roode vs storm match. Which he didn't do anything by the way. He'll be in Bellator most of the time. Well it's good for them if he comes out periodically... I think.

somedevil

Well Two Smackdown Spoilers:

Ziggler is Back at Raw Monday and the match is going to happen at Payback and Kaitlyn secret admirer is going to be revealed as well. I wonder who it is?? lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big E does squats like crazy. It shows. Jealous of those christmas hams. If I had them I'd have em on display too.

strobogo

Banned
Jesus, D-Bryne really beat the shit out of Roman Reigns on Smackdown. The diving elbows might be my new favorite move. It's brutal. But that he beat the fuck out of Roman so bad when Roman so far has been booked as basically the toughest and hardest to handle dude on the roster is amazing. And he looked totally legit doing it.

somedevil

Smackdown Spoilers:

Shield gets DQ'd when Ambrose runs down and interferes Daniel Bryan fights off the Shield, but Randy Orton gives Bryan an RKO because during the match, Bryan accidentally drop kicked him.

What a dick. What is this leading too? Bryan has like 4 possible opponents at Payback? Also, Smackdown was focused on him again. They are really building him towards something. If its a heel turn they should just burn the money the same place they did when Cena beat Brock.

Jesus, D-Bryne really beat the shit out of Roman Reigns on Smackdown. The diving elbows might be my new favorite move. It's brutal. But that he beat the fuck out of Roman so bad when Roman so far has been booked as basically the toughest and hardest to handle dude on the roster is amazing. And he looked totally legit doing it.

That what makes him great. For a small guy people take him serious when he is beating the crap out of larger competition because it looks legit and not like Rey at all.

Heya. I lurk WrestleGAF for the most part, just stopping in to say this (probably against my better judgement).

The CHIKARA thing isn't a work. The conglomerate stuff and whatnot is, but the company shutting down and whatnot is not. A lot of my friends looking for bookings in wrestling isn't a work either.

Source: Me. Take it for what you will. If you have questions, feel free to ask, but I can't/won't answer them here. Just trying to save ya'll some time.

Welcome dude.

I still say it's a work. It's extremely out of character for the promotion to address sleaze rumors like they did this morning on pwinsider

pwinsider said:
"Some people have been attempting to distract from what happened on Sunday's iPPV by circulating rumors about an affair, a bitter divorce, or a dispute over the ownership of CHIKARA. All of these rumors are absolutely false."

The roster had to sign non disclosure agreements, so if they are telling you anything they are putting themselves in legal jeopardy. Just my opinion, but it screams work.

tm24

Smackdown Spoilers:

Shield gets DQ'd when Ambrose runs down and interferes Daniel Bryan fights off the Shield, but Randy Orton gives Bryan an RKO because during the match, Bryan accidentally drop kicked him.

What a dick. What is this leading too? Bryan has like 4 possible opponents at Payback? Also, Smackdown was focused on him again. They are really building him towards something. If its a heel turn they should just burn the money the same place they did when Cena beat Brock.

4 matches at Payback. Best PPV ever
The roster had to sign non disclosure agreements, so if they are telling you anything they are putting themselves in legal jeopardy. Just my opinion, but it screams work.

I assume only some signed those NDAs

Pretty good weekend of wrestling down south too. Mascara Dorada vs Negro Casas. Casas is basically what Bryan will be in 20 years. They pretty much have the same gimmick. Comedy guy that the turn of a dime is the best luchador/wrestler on the roster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgBxbS4eljE

Negro is still going to be amazing in 20 MORE years. Is there anything better than old-ass lucha guys who never stop being awesome?

strobogo

Banned
If all this stuff leads to Dragon turning heel and being fed to Cena, it would be the worst thing WWE has done in years. They have way too many heels as it is. They desperately need top level faces besides Cena and Sheamus. As a face, he can work programs with Shield, Rhodes Scholars, Dolph, Swagger, maybe Orton, Ryback. As a heel he can work with Cena, Sheamus, ADR, and Kofi. There is way more for him to do and way more money in a huge face run.

Top Bottom