• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

somedevil

4 matches at Payback. Best PPV ever

I assume only some signed those NDAs

Yeah Bryan 4 matches at Payback could be:

Hell No vs Reigns and Rollins, Bryan vs Kane, Bryan vs Ambrose and Bryan vs Orton.

3 out of the 4 could be really good.

strobogo

Banned
Daniel fucking Shield's world up at the end of Smackdown gave me goosebumps. You know how long it's been since something in wrestling had me LEGIT SHOOK enough to give me goosebumps? Probably this time last year when he led the insane YES chants in the 2/3 falls match with Sheamus.

Welcome dude.

I still say it's a work. It's extremely out of character for the promotion to address sleaze rumors like they did this morning on pwinsider

The roster had to sign non disclosure agreements, so if they are telling you anything they are putting themselves in legal jeopardy. Just my opinion, but it screams work.

Thanks man!

Taking out everything, the facts were these (Pushing Daisies!):

CHIKARA cannot be run anymore (money issues and an issue with the ownership of the name). It is being closed and rebranded in 8 Wrestling Is...promotions.

Anything else doesn't matter, for these purposes anyway. I could go into more detail as to the differences, but you get the idea. The press releases are being put out to deny rumors that are rooted in truth.

Like I said, what I know is not hearsay and whatnot.
I do have friends who have/had worked for CHIKARA, but they have told me nothing, and I will never ask my friends anything, especially if it could potentially get them in trouble. Doubly so for the few people I trained with.
This is the worst possible ending. Nobody wins here.

somedevil

More Details after the final Smackdown Match:

Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton defeated Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns via DQ. The Shield was super over coming out. Bryan accidentally kicked Orton. Ambrose interfered, prompting the DQ. After the match, Orton RKO'd Bryan and just stood there like CM Punk did after attacking Rock at RAW 1000. A lot of boos for Orton, it looks like Orton is actually turning heel.

So did they just swerve us about who is going heel?

jred2k

They've probably wanted to turn Orton heel for months, but then they remembered his shitty movie was coming out and didn't want to turn people off of it. It could just be a coincidence, but it does seem kind of planned that the day his movie is released to stores is when he finally does something that isn't completely vanilla.

Most of the cancelled Chikara event names sound like someone discussing and apologizing to his lady for an affair.

Who am I without you.
Cause each other pain.
The things you saw
Wide awake.
The answers at the end.
All things must pass.

strobogo

Banned
They've probably wanted to turn Orton heel for months, but then they remembered his shitty movie was coming out and didn't want to turn people off of it. It could just be a coincidence, but it does seem kind of planned that the day his movie is released to stores is when he finally does something that isn't completely vanilla.

That makes no sense to me, though. Why would you turn him heel right when his movie comes out if that's what you were worried about? Wouldn't it make more sense to have him be heel and turn face right before his movie comes out if that's what you're concerned with?

Ondore

Most of the cancelled Chikara event names sound like someone discussing and apologizing to his lady for an affair.

Who am I without you.
Cause each other pain.
The things you saw
Wide awake.
The answers at the end.
All things must pass.

I believe those were all George Harrison lyrics, actually.

Mr. Robot

That makes no sense to me, though. Why would you turn him heel right when his movie comes out if that's what you were worried about? Wouldn't it make more sense to have him be heel and turn face right before his movie comes out if that's what you're concerned with?

He will become Hollywood Orton...

jred2k

My reasoning might be off, but I still think its more than just coincidence that the week a movie he stars in comes out is when they start doing something with him. The people that buy those movies probably don't give a shit anyways, but I'm sure they were waiting until its release to do a character change with him.

strobogo

Banned
I would think doing it the week of the release would seem counter intuitive if you're booking guys so their movies will sell.

Sup WrassleGAF. Been lurking for a bit, but now i've been approved! I got back into wrestling last April after probably over 10+ years of not following it (and i was only a casual viewer back then, too). I only really consistently watch WWE, but stuff like this thread has gotten me interested in other stuff like New Japan, and I plan on watching the BoSJ stuff sometime soon. I just haven't had time or money, but i'm graduating soon so i'll have a lot more free time. I'm considering dropping Raw and only keeping up with it via highlights or if someone mentions how good a segment/match is.

Fave Five time, all from the 'E

1. D. Bry
2. Punk
3. The Shield (cheating, whatever)
4. Ziggs
5. Cesaro

zychi

Banned
I would think doing it the week of the release would seem counter intuitive if you're booking guys so their movies will sell.
The people who watch and buy crappy wwe wrestler movies tend to not care what a character does in wwe. I do not like the Rock at all, but enjoy his movies. I can't stand Cena, and I can't stand his movies. I love Hogan, and have never watched a single one of his movies. I like Kane, but have yet to see his movie,

Get my point?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sup WrassleGAF. Been lurking for a bit, but now i've been approved! I got back into wrestling last April after probably over 10+ years of not following it (and i was only a casual viewer back then, too). I only really consistently watch WWE, but stuff like this thread has gotten me interested in other stuff like New Japan, and I plan on watching the BoSJ stuff sometime soon. I just haven't had time or money, but i'm graduating soon so i'll have a lot more free time. I'm considering dropping Raw and only keeping up with it via highlights or if someone mentions how good a segment/match is.

1. D. Bry
2. Punk
4. Ziggs
5. Cesaro

Welcome! As much as I'd like to say to drop Raw, boy, WWE sure has improved lately. But if you gotta choose one, choose New Japan. :3

And GWF!

Yeah, I considered not finishing last night's Raw, but then it dropped a sweet-ass Bryan/Ryback match on me. Not to mention that i'm already invested in this Bryan storyline, so. Good thing i'll have time for both!

Anth0ny

Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton defeated Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns via DQ. The Shield was super over coming out. Bryan accidentally kicked Orton. Ambrose interfered, prompting the DQ. After the match, Orton RKO'd Bryan and just stood there like CM Punk did after attacking Rock at RAW 1000. A lot of boos for Orton, it looks like Orton is actually turning heel.

jesus lord about fucking time

but why on smackdown lol

1. D. Bry
2. Punk
4. Ziggs
5. Cesaro

I like this guy! I have the exact same fave five :)

Penguin

Ouch just saw the Raw ratings, I guess the compelling drama of one Mr. Triple H wasn't worth a dime to the average consumer, but will find a way to blame someone else.

strobogo

Banned
The people who watch and buy crappy wwe wrestler movies tend to not care what a character does in wwe. I do not like the Rock at all, but enjoy his movies. I can't stand Cena, and I can't stand his movies. I love Hogan, and have never watched a single one of his movies. I like Kane, but have yet to see his movie,

Get my point?

Yes. But the theory was that they waited to do anything with Orton until after his movie came out to not make their lead an unlikable jerk right before release. And I'm saying if that's the case, it wouldn't make much sense to turn him heel the week the movie comes out. I don't think anyone who buys/rents/pirates WWE Films pictures staring wrestlers cares at all if the lead is a heel or face in the months before or after the movie is released.

I agree with you that it is a silly way to book, but that wasn't really the topic I was talking about. I can't imagine there is anyone would buy The Marine 3 now that Miz is a face, but wouldn't if he was still heel.

I like this guy! I have the exact same fave five :)

*brofist*

Cesaro would probably be higher if they actually did something with him. I thought he was going places after he started rocking the shades and beret but nooooooope. Does he still have that look, or did the German switch take it away?

Aiii

So not worth it
Daniel Bryan is not turning heel.

If you haven't noticed, he even stopped doing no-chants instead of yes-chants and the announcers are calling it the LeBell-Lock again. Maybe you've also noticed he keeps beating up heels, instead of Randy Orton after he loses matches. It's in the details people.

Striker

I thought it was much expected to happen, but
I had thought he was going to turn against Sheamus and in turn get them to fight at SS in a big match. Bryan vs. Orton can also happen, but I still don't know what they're doing after Ryback vs. Cena

I thought it was much expected to happen, but
I had thought he was going to turn against Sheamus and in turn get them to fight at SS in a big match. Bryan vs. Orton can also happen, but I still don't know what they're doing after Ryback vs. Cena

triple threat

playah

Aiii

So not worth it
Big E does squats like crazy. It shows. Jealous of those christmas hams. If I had them I'd have em on display too.

You would have to be pretty frigging huge if you're to become national weightlifting champ.

Powerlifting career

Ewen competed in his first U.S.A. Powerlifting (USAPL) meet on July 11 at the fifth annual United States Open Championships 2010 at Nova Southeastern University in Davie, Florida. He became not only the top heavyweight lifter but also broke all four Florida state raw powerlifting records in the 275-pound class and bested raw national records in the deadlift and total. His lifts included a 611 pound squat, a 490 pound bench press and a 749 pound deadlift for a 1,850 pound raw total.

Ewen also won the USAPL Raw Nationals 2011 in Scranton, Pennsylvania. This time he competed in the super heavyweight division (+275) and broke the raw American and national records in the deadlift (799 lbs) and total (2,039 lbs) in this weight class as well.

Although all of his national and American raw records were broken in 2011 and 2012 by Michael Tuchscherer, Brad Gillingham and Randall Harris,[8][9] Ewen still holds the USAPL Florida State Raw Records in deadlift and total in the SHW division as well as all four raw powerlifting records in the 275-pound class.

Personal records
Set in competitions
Squat - 711 lbs (322.5 kg) raw
Bench press - 529 lbs (240 kg) raw
Deadlift - 799 lbs (362.5 kg) raw
Powerlifting total - 2,039 lbs (711-529-799) / 925 kg (322.5-240-362.5)

The American and National Championship Records in the deadlift are held at 410 kg (903.9 lbs) since 1995 by Mark Henry, who also became a professional wrestler in WWE. Langston has also bench pressed 575 lbs (260 kg), but it was not a competition lift.

I maintain he should be booked as Mark Henry's son (They can say the hand evolved into a freakish body)

Curtis Axel should do a axe handle and call it the axel handle
-Not a widely used move anymore.

-He could do it on anyone, and from a multitude of angles.

-They could play it up with exaggerated bumps and reactions of broken bones/concussions.

-Easy to market and create imagery and logos for.

You may be on to something. If he weren't do damn terrible on the mic, just decent even, it might be able to pull it off. He always has that busted ass Dreamworks smirk coupled with douche bag word play.

KissVibes

Banned
I hope whatever happens UltraMantis continues to wrestle for a little while longer.

BzDXjYG.gif

Aw yiss, incoming Dragon Gate;

Dragon Gate "KING OF GATE 2013", 2013.05.25
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM #2
1,500 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2oatz

01. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fuji & Kotoka vs Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Que Que Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin & Cyber Kong
02. KING OF GATE 2013 - SEMI-FINAL: Shingo Takagi vs YAMATO
03. KING OF GATE 2013 - SEMI-FINAL: Jimmy Susumu vs Ricochet
04. Uhaa Nation vs Ryotsu Shimizu
05. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & Rich Swann vs Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk & Kzy
06. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Gamma & HUB vs Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, K-ness & Jimmy Kagetora
07. KING OF GATE 2013 - FINAL:
Shingo Takagi vs Ricochet

Aiii

So not worth it
Watching IGN's discussion on the latest Game of Thrones eps and this guy is just wearing the most awesome shirt.

clipboard01jes.jpg

You know what they say about Europeans...

They've never seen a wrestling shirt they didn't like.

Not true. I wish WWE would make a Daniel Bryan shirt I liked, but they're all so awful.

I've stated it before, but I only buy wrestling t-shirts that could easily be mistaken for a heavy metal band's t-shirt.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan's YES-shirt is awesome, as is Punk's grey shirt (and baseball cap).

Other than that I bought AJ's shirt because it's AJ. It's not a bad shirt, but those pink hearts, why?

The only wrestling t-shirts that i've really liked are the UltraMantis Black ones. I've only seen like one or two UMB matches though

Top Bottom