• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Jamie OD

Damien Samdow playing chess in the ring with the Deep Blue super computer

Sheamus comes out and gives the computer a Brogue Kick.

Best Smackdown ever.

Watched Delirious vs Chiva Kid/Andrew Everett from a PWX show back in March - not a bad match, but it kinda dragged in the middle. The trouble with Delirious is that he has the technical wrestling stuff in his repertoire, but relies more on the crazy antics of his character. He should dial it back more often - I like crazy, fun Delirious, but it's better when he shows his meaner side and, frankly, he's never going to top the CM Punk trilogy in terms of comedy. Chiva Kid continues to impress though, hitting a wicked middle-rope SSP to finish the match;

ipBtZCmNPEj6d.gif

I wish they'd just make Sheamus a true neutral character, but it's probably too late now he's been pushed so much to the younger audience. Like Finlay, he should just be an Irishman who loves to fight and smash shit up, fella, regardless if he's against a face or a heel.

mouserat

Neo Member
Everyone's worried about Daniel Bryan being turned heel (myself included, although, his heel schtick got him over in the first place) but Meltzer said on the Observer podcast that WWE believe that DBrizzle should be the #2 baby face in the company right now, so I guess that's what they're doing.

It's funny really, traditionally the IWC doesn't really discriminate on who we like; if anything we usually prefer heels. In the case of Daniel Bryan we're rooting for him to be a face because it makes sense, but also because we like the guy so much and we want everyone to feel the same way. It's funny how good WWE is at getting mark reactions out of smarks by fucking with their booking. I guess we feel the same way about Cesaro jobbing on Main Event as kids would if Cena turned heel.

Everyone's worried about Daniel Bryan being turned heel (myself included, although, his heel schtick got him over in the first place) but Meltzer said on the Observer podcast that WWE believe that DBrizzle should be the #2 baby face in the company right now, so I guess that's what they're doing.

It's funny really, traditionally the IWC doesn't really discriminate on who we like; if anything we usually prefer heels. In the case of Daniel Bryan we're rooting for him to be a face because it makes sense, but also because we like the guy so much and we want everyone to feel the same way. It's funny how good WWE is at getting mark reactions out of smarks by fucking with their booking. I guess we feel the same way about Cesaro jobbing on Main Event as kids would if Cena turned heel.

Sounds like good stuff.

I just want him to stop taking crap from people backstage. Way too much talking in the WWE. Even monsters like Ryback talk too much. Just shut up and fight. If someone's disrespecting you, throw down. I was hoping so much for D. Brine to punch Ryback on Raw backstage, but no, he let Beelzebub wax poetic about "missing links" and junk.

JUST FIGHT.

EDIT: Although then you get to the point where you're Sheamus and come off like a heel prick.....Oh well whatever, an entire company of heel pricks who fight at the first sign of disrespect is more entertaining than 20 minute promos and scared heels.

Striker

I wish they'd just make Sheamus a true neutral character, but it's probably too late now he's been pushed so much to the younger audience. Like Finlay, he should just be an Irishman who loves to fight and smash shit up, fella, regardless if he's against a face or a heel.
He was doing well as a heel WWE champion, up until...

LgHFNMM.gif

Watched Delirious vs Chiva Kid/Andrew Everett from a PWX show back in March - not a bad match, but it kinda dragged in the middle. The trouble with Delirious is that he has the technical wrestling stuff in his repertoire, but relies more on the crazy antics of his character. He should dial it back more often - I like crazy, fun Delirious, but it's better when he shows his meaner side and, frankly, he's never going to top the CM Punk trilogy in terms of comedy. Chiva Kid continues to impress though, hitting a wicked middle-rope SSP to finish the match;

ipBtZCmNPEj6d.gif

Delirious needs a storyline where a James Mitchell/UltraMatis Black type guy comes in and has some sort of 'thing' that controls and focuses Delirious for a while - 'Focused Insanity'

Jamie OD

Delirious needs a storyline where a James Mitchell/UltraMatis Black type guy comes in and has some sort of 'thing' that controls and focuses Delirious for a while - 'Focused Insanity'

Chikara had Mantis hypnotise Delirious with the Eye of Tyr and it did exactly that.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's like one of those stereotypical bullies from a 1980s comedy.

It's not even funny anymore. The guy literally
comes out during another guys segment and kicks his computer
because, well why?

On Raw he kills Sandow for not shaking his hand (which makes sense, because shaking hands with Sheamus is opening yourself up to an attack), and well, lets go back over the three weeks and every attack was started by Sheamus.

I know they are making his character to be "HE LOVES TO FOIGHT" but are they really so daft that they don't realise he's coming of as a complete and utter dick who randomly attacks people for no good reason. It's not gonna be long until even the Little Jimmies are not gonna buy into the "we'll tell you who to cheer for" routine and see Sheamus for the asshole he is portrayed as.

Fuck this company. Daniel Bryan is the #1 babyface right now going by face reactions. Cena gets cheered by half and boo'd by the other half of the audience. Daniel Bryan gets cheered by the entire audience. Yet, Daniel Bryan is considered the #2 babyface right now.

They now have a perfect chance to elevate another talent to the level of Cena as far as babyfaces go. It's right there in front of them so they should do it. Take the WWE title off of Cena and put it on Ryback, have Bryan fluke-lose to Ryback (as in, have him take out Cena and have Ryback steal his pin from him) in a three-way with Cena at MitB and have him win the belt by overcoming and beating the monster Ryback at SummerSlam. Keep him booked strong for months, maybe until the next WrestleMania as champion and you have a draw worthy of Cena so either one of them can miss a few months and they still have star power for their events.

Vee_One

It's not even funny anymore. The guy literally
comes out during another guys segment and kicks his computer
because, well why?

On Raw he kills Sandow for not shaking his hand (which makes sense, because shaking hands with Sheamus is opening yourself up to an attack), and well, lets go back over the three weeks and every attack was started by Sheamus.

I know they are making his character to be "HE LOVES TO FOIGHT" but are they really so daft that they don't realise he's coming of as a complete and utter dick who randomly attacks people for no good reason. It's not gonna be long until even the Little Jimmies are not gonna buy into the "we'll tell you who to cheer for" routine and see Sheamus for the asshole he is portrayed as.

Fuck this company. Daniel Bryan is the #1 babyface right now going by face reactions. Cena gets cheered by half and boo'd by the other half of the audience. Daniel Bryan gets cheered by the entire audience. Yet, Daniel Bryan is considered the #2 babyface right now.

They now have a perfect chance to elevate another talent to the level of Cena as far as babyfaces go. It's right there in front of them so they should do it. Take the WWE title off of Cena and put it on Ryback, have Bryan fluke-lose to Ryback (as in, have him take out Cena and have Ryback steal his pin from him) in a three-way with Cena at MitB and have him win the belt by overcoming and beating the monster Ryback at SummerSlam. Keep him booked strong for months, maybe until the next WrestleMania as champion and you have a draw worthy of Cena so either one of them can miss a few months and they still have star power for their events.

Stop. You're making too much sense

strobogo

Banned
Daniel Bryan is so much like Eddie/Benoit in 2003/2004 right now. I really hope he doesn't end up dead or killing folks in a few years.

Daniel Bryan is so much like Eddie/Benoit in 2003/2004 right now. I really hope he doesn't end up dead or killing folks in a few years.

Wow.

Wow.

WOW.

I thought the same exact thing on Raw when he had Ryebread in a Lebell Lock and was shaking his head like ***** ****** used to

strobogo

Banned
I meant more in terms of how the crowd reacts to him/how he's booked more than actual in ring style. I don't think he's all that similar to Benoit in terms of ring style, but he's definitely being booked the same. The match with Ryback reminded me a lot of Benoit/Brock at the end of 2003 that was really the match that pushed Benoit over the edge as a guy they had to give the title to.

In a perfect booking world, Ryback would put Cena out of action at Payback and go on a dominating run until Summerslam, where D-Bryne would make him tap to a massive pop. I feel like Dragon winning the belt could be just as cathartic to the crowd as Punk in 2011 and Ziggler during his cash in. But he's at that same point where Eddie and Benoit were towards the end of 2003 where the crowds absolutely loved them and there was no denying their overness or talent any longer.

It's really easy, cheap humor, but it's also Arrested Development and wrestling.

Thumbs up.

I meant more in terms of how the crowd reacts to him/how he's booked more than actual in ring style. I don't think he's all that similar to Benoit in terms of ring style, but he's definitely being booked the same. The match with Ryback reminded me a lot of Benoit/Brock at the end of 2003 that was really the match that pushed Benoit over the edge as a guy they had to give the title to.

I don't think he works like ****** either, it's just that one moment where I had a flash of terrible thoughts. Glad to see I'm not the only one, is all.

strobogo

Banned
It's really easy, cheap humor, but it's also Arrested Development and wrestling.

Thumbs up.

I don't think he works like ****** either, it's just that one moment where I had a flash of terrible thoughts. Glad to see I'm not the only one, is all.

And a guy like D-Bryne can really elevate other guys to that level unlike in the case of Cena, where guys are temporarily elevated just for him to run through them and send them back to where they came from. I really feel like a feud with Daniel Bryan right now can get anyone over huge just for fucking with him. A few hard hitting matches with Cesaro would end that whole "boring" thing. I'm amazed they haven't even done that match on Superstars. I think the only interaction they've had was a few uppercuts in the Rumble this year.

Ithil

Damien Samdow playing chess in the ring with the Deep Blue super computer

Sheamus comes out and gives the computer a Brogue Kick.

Best Smackdown ever.

Let me reiterate that it's the best Smackdown ever with the following

Apparently after he Brogue Kicks the computer, Sandow goes nuts and beats the shit out of Sheamus.

Jamie OD

Let me reiterate that it's the best Smackdown ever with the following

Apparently after he Brogue Kicks the computer, Sandow goes nuts and beats the shit out of Sheamus.

You should never ever fuck with a gentleman's
chess game

Aiii

So not worth it
This brutality against
computers
and iPad's has to stop! THE WWE APP IS NOT THAT BAD WWE! Really, it's okay.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think he looks freakish, and that's a good thing.

If I compare him to Ryback, and I had to pick one of the two to get in the ring with. I'd pick Ryback because Big E looks like he could fuck your shit up.

Don't get me wrong, Ryback would fuck me up too, but Big E would fucking end me I'm sure.

Aiii

So not worth it
He used to wear the same gear with legs instead of what he as now. Real talk: I think he lost it because it resembled Ryback's gear too much. Either they told him to or he did it on his own to differentiate.

---
It appears WWE are planting the seeds for more members of The Wyatt Family to debut on TV. Right now, we know that Bray Wyatt will be coming up with NXT Tag Team Champions Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. The video that aired on Monday also featured what appeared to be NXT wrestler Garrett Dylan and NXT Diva Bayley in minor roles as Wyatt's "followers."

I noticed this as well, could just be extras, but I would like it if his "family" was bigger, even if it was with jobbers to protect Bray, Harper and Rowan.

WWE officials are once again interested in pushing the tag team division. Over the next few weeks, we may see several undercard talents put together in new tag teams. This latest tag team kick is part of why The Usos are being pushed to feud with Tag Team Champions The Shield.
Yeah, right, dirtsheets lol.

jmdajr

He used to wear the same gear with legs instead of what he as now. Real talk: I think he lost it because it resembled Ryback's gear too much. Either they told him to or he did it on his own to differentiate.

---

Who knows man but he's just so sexualized. Just titties and ass everywhere.

Buncha stuff added over at www.SmartMarkVideo.com including the CHIKARA Tag World Grand Prix, a Wrestling is Fun! show from May 25th, some truly AWFUL looking deathmatch sleaze (Stricktly Nsane Pro-Wrestling - no, really. That's the promotion's actual name), plus AAW's May 17th show Day of Defiance 2013 which was meant to be really, really good.

Pizoxuat

I'm at a weird place with the WWE right now. There's an awesome group of wrestlers I am definitely interested in, invested in, and whose matches I love to watch. But I am more disinterested in everything that isn't that group of people than ever and spend more time browsing the internet and ignoring my TV than ever. God I hope June Magic turns things around and gets me more interested in the show as a whole.

Hey, it's another dumb WWE.com list to get annoyed at;

10 Greatest Wrestlers (and one manager) to never wrestle in WWE

Magnum TA
Akira Hokuto
The Midnight Express
The Sinister Minister
Nikita Koloff
Vampiro
New Jack
The Great Muta
Abdullah the Butcher
Sting

I'll give them 1, 2 & 3, but 5 & 4? Glad they never wrestled in the WWE. Replace them with Jumbo Tsuruta and Kenta Kobashi.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
...New Jack? "Greatest"?!

New page = real New Jack:

k4n7dnP.jpg

Top Bottom