• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Buncha stuff added over at www.SmartMarkVideo.com including the CHIKARA Tag World Grand Prix, a Wrestling is Fun! show from May 25th, some truly AWFUL looking deathmatch sleaze (Stricktly Nsane Pro-Wrestling - no, really. That's the promotion's actual name), plus AAW's May 17th show Day of Defiance 2013 which was meant to be really, really good.

Thank you my good man. The WTGP and WIF shows will keep me busy the next couple of days.

Striker

Yeah, right, dirtsheets lol.
I saw Justin Gabriel teaming with Sin Cara defeating the Prime Time Players, so there's one duo of guys they aren't using slapped together.

Uso's won and are getting the typical WWE-fast push because they have no other face tag teams at the moment and with Hell No slowly fading apart. I don't think they plan on using Clay and Tensai on anything but joke character segments. There's some talent in there with Uso's, PTP, and Rhodes Scholars, but they've been jobbing material for the Shield/Hell No the past several months.

jred2k

I saw Justin Gabriel teaming with Sin Cara defeating the Prime Time Players, so there's one duo of guys they aren't using slapped together.

Uso's won and are getting the typical WWE-fast push because they have no other face tag teams at the moment and with Hell No slowly fading apart. I don't think they plan on using Clay and Tensai on anything but joke character segments. There's some talent in there with Uso's, PTP, and Rhodes Scholars, but they've been jobbing material for the Shield/Hell No the past several months.

Smackdown spoilers I guess:
Tons of Funk last night were apparently remarking how the Wyatt family seems crazy or weird. Maybe the plan is to have them feud, but that still means a hell team coming out on top, most likely.

Yeah, I'll fire off an email and see if I can get it refunded/exchanged for a model with speakers. Hopefully it'll be sorted before The Last of Us releases.

KissVibes

Banned
I don't agree with #2. I don't get the appeal of him at all, and I certainly don't respect him if that story about him balding that dude who didn't want it and giving him Hep was true.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God damn I watched that Gangstas promo twice. It's so good. New Jack, when he was on, was a hell of a talker.

BFIB

God damn I watched that Gangstas promo twice. It's so good. New Jack, when he was on, was a hell of a talker.

I always think of Beyond the Mat, when New Jack was going for a movie audition. He's being interviewed by the whitest guy possible who's saying "He has the looks of a leading man", clearly trying to not upset New Jack.

So uncomfortable.

I don't agree with #2. I don't get the appeal of him at all, and I certainly don't respect him if that story about him balding that dude who didn't want it and giving him Hep was true.

I didn't read their reasoning behind including Abby, he was never a great wrestler, but it was his character and aura of menace that set him apart from his peers. His notoriety as the most violent wrestler in the world saw him booked the world over in some of the bloodiest and most popular feuds to take place in whichever territory he showed up in. They love him in Japan for his feuds with Terry Funk and Antonio Inoki and watching him & The Sheik or Tiger Jeet Singh tearing it up through the Japanese crowds, who scatter in fear as they approached, it's easier to see the appeal at the time.

Ithil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMYDAzZYIks

Fan video of SD's main event, full spoilers. Some things I noticed

Daniel Bryan is back to YES full time in his intro, it appears. He also has an all new titantron. I don't think he's going heel after all, it all seems to be building him up as a major face, if that's true, it's about damn time.

Orton's RKO after the match was definitely not just a "don't trust the viper" or dick face moment. It was a straight up villainous move and he soaked in the boos afterwards. Now SD edits crowds, but Orton got a shit load of heat for that so if they don't edit it come Friday, we can assume he's turning heel officially very soon and this is the beginning.

I'm excited.

That news about the tag teams, we've known for a long time Triple H loves tag team wrestling, so another attempt at a revival wouldn't surprise me. Whether it sticks is another question.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I see no issues with the direction WWE is taking two stars on Smackdown from what I hear.

Ithil

It seems like an all round sound choice to me.

Orton's been on autopilot because he finds being a face boring, and of course he's not had a major program in nearly two years. A heel turn is exactly what he needs. And of course Bryan is like wildfire at the moment, he's a guy who if they wanted to make a major face, it wouldn't fail, like Del Rio, Sheamus and others failed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It seems like an all round sound choice to me.

Orton's been on autopilot because he finds being a face boring, and of course he's not had a major program in nearly two years. A heel turn is exactly what he needs. And of course Bryan is like wildfire at the moment, he's a guy who if they wanted to make a major face, it wouldn't fail, like Del Rio, Sheamus and others failed.

Agree agree. All SD spoilers so don't click if you wait.

Woah, holy shit;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHXL8Dz90E4

Hiroshi Tanahashi will make his European debut on October 19th for Revolution Pro-Wrestling in London!!

By the gods, old and new, I will get tickets for this show!

Also, in sadder news, LuFisto announced today that 'The Oncoming Storm' Kalamity is leaving professional wrestling for unspecified (but not health related) personal reasons :(

Real shame, as I was hoping her exposure with SHIMMER would lead to her being booked in Japan. Hope she finds success and happiness outside of wrestling, and here's one last Kalamityville Horror Driver;

iOvsbqN8N1Tkm.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF UK meetup, please make it happen Boots.

Haha, the last messageboard meet-up I participated in was super weird, but if any other UK WrassleGAF'ers are planning on going to this show I'll be more than happy to meet up for a few pints beforehand :)

TEMPTING!

Then we can all crash at Booty's Ranch later, and he can show us how to take chops like a man... and by chops I mean a Black & Decker Drill to the forehead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't be creepy folks, just have drinks because that's the safe thing to do without anyone being stinky and strange. And that's what you people do, drink. :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Haha

Yeah, we drink and we fight. We're all called Dave, and we're all somehow related to either William Regal or Dave Taylor. Maybe.

Speaking of drinking, Jamie OD I think is in Ireland. Wonder if he'd come down.

Oh, is this confession time?

Yeah, I'm also not a big drinker of the Alcohol, which is fine, but you quickly end being 'The Wheels Man'. Also, non-alocholic drinks are so expensive, it almost turns you to 'the drink'.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why don't you "muppets" on the "cobbles" eat instead? (Did I say it right?)

strobogo

Banned
Oh man, the first 5 minutes of the Alien 3 doc are great. All the people that were excited and into working on 1/2 are completely defeated, dejected, sighing, leaning on their hands, smoking on screen. Hilarious.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, the first 5 minutes of the Alien 3 doc are great. All the people that were excited and into working on 1/2 are completely defeated, dejected, sighing, leaning on their hands, smoking on screen. Hilarious.

I need to get around to watching that doc.

Sting's putting in more effort than he should because he's wrestling for TNA. I wouldn't blame him one bit if he just put in the bare minimum and collected his pay cheque, but Sting's too much of a class act for that.

Also, it goes without saying that: Surfer Sting > any other Sting, including the musician guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DnEgSaRKY

It's true, Surfer Sting was the best Hogan alternative. A true babyface that wasn't forced.

Kaladin

Haha, the last messageboard meet-up I participated in was super weird, but if any other UK WrassleGAF'ers are planning on going to this show I'll be more than happy to meet up for a few pints beforehand :)

The WrassleGaf meetup we had at Mania in Miami was awesome. So awesome in fact, I'm hoping to do it again next year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd always want to go to Wrestlemania weekend, but no offense to our fine people here, Mania weekend is not worth the fucking insane price it is. Maybe I'm just stingy, but I can't justify that, probably ever. And I'm not scraping by or anything, I just...can't do that.

Kaladin

I'd always want to go to Wrestlemania weekend, but no offense to our fine people here, Mania weekend is not worth the fucking insane price it is. Maybe I'm just stingy, but I can't justify that, probably ever. And I'm not scraping by or anything, I just...can't do that.

I'm working on putting a group together for our hotel to be only $400 or so per person, with 4 in a room. You can get a cheap seat to Mania at $75, indie tickets at $75 each or so for front row. I'd say you can come out of Mania weekend only down $1k.

jmdajr

Alien 3 is not really a bad movie, it's just such a downer of a follow up.

Charles S. Dutton is amazing. One of the greatest speeches ever.

We're all gonna die. The only question is when. This is as good a place as any to take our first steps to heaven. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet? Or on your fucking knees... begging?! I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say fuck that thing! Let's fight it!

strobogo

Banned
Surfer Sting is in my all time Fave Five. ALL TIME. Loved Surfer Sting. I loved Crow Sting as well, but 1990-1994ish Sting was unfuckablewith.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm working on putting a group together for our hotel to be only $400 or so per person, with 4 in a room. You can get a cheap seat to Mania at $75, indie tickets at $75 each or so for front row. I'd say you can come out of Mania weekend only down $1k.

See, that's too much for me. My mind can't justify that. I just can't. I'm too frugal.

jmdajr

I went to Wrestlemania 17 and 25 here in Houston. My in-laws are from upstate New York close to the city so it was a good excuse to go to 29. And since NOLA isn't too far from H-town I will probbaly go to 30 as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As much as I legit love Disco Inferno it feels wrong to come into this thread and not see the Animal/Leviathan.

Kaladin

See, that's too much for me. My mind can't justify that. I just can't. I'm too frugal.

Thurs - Tues hotel stay, Thurs night, Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, Sunday afternoon, Mania, Raw = $1k

How is that hard to justify? At least 7 wrestling shows in one weekend plus hotel, for around $1k.

Top Bottom