• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thurs - Tues hotel stay, Thurs night, Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, Sunday afternoon, Mania, Raw = $1k

How is that hard to justify? At least 7 wrestling shows in one weekend plus hotel, for around $1k.

Yeah, it is for me. All I want to do is see my pals anyway. The wrestling is for the birds :p

I miss seeing Big Dave in Sunny's avatar too.

Also, he's strangely entertaining on twitter;

"Gmorning tworld! Sun's out again in London n somebody told me there r albino deer in the park down the way! Holy shit! #gottaseethat PEACE!"

"So I asked an older gent where I could find the albino deer n he looked at me like a was an dick n responded "follow the yellow brick road"!"

"I'm not sure because he was walking away but I swear he mumbled "bloody American wankah".. #grouch"

Lol.

See, that's too much for me. My mind can't justify that. I just can't. I'm too frugal.

Yeah, I know I probably spend that much at least on wrestling each year, but I wouldn't be down with paying so much at once - especially once you factor in air travel. If I was spending that kind of money, it'd have to be on a trip to Tokyo.

Maybe if I ever make some proper money I'll make it to Mania one day :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Batista's Twitter account has been so much better now that he has some downtime shooting the movie and he's not insane with RTs. I refollowed him. How could I not? He played with action figures all yesterday. I love it.

It's not like I'm hurting for money, it just feels like dropping anything around $1k or even half that is MAJOR to me, and like, as shitty as this SOUNDS to say, it's just wrestling, and I can get most of it at home via the internet for less.

Honestly, the only thing I want out of a Mania weekend is to meet you all. Maybe I should do that. Just visit, see no wrestling, enjoy the town and people.

jmdajr

Batista's Twitter account has been so much better now that he has some downtime shooting the movie and he's not insane with RTs. I refollowed him. How could I not? He played with action figures all yesterday. I love it.

It's not like I'm hurting for money, it just feels like dropping anything around $1k or even half that is MAJOR to me, and like, as shitty as this SOUNDS to say, it's just wrestling, and I can get most of it at home via the internet for less.

Honestly, the only thing I want out of a Mania weekend is to meet you all. Maybe I should do that. Just visit, see no wrestling, enjoy the town and people.

If you have a good time it's not a waste unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY can't afford it. Even so sometime the memories are worth it.

I hear ya, sometimes I feel guilty about doing this or that but every once in awhile it's good to live a little. You are not going to live forever and you can't take that shit with you, so you have to enjoy here and there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you have a good time it's not a waste unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY can't afford it. Even so sometime the memories are worth it.

I hear ya, sometimes I feel guilty about doing this or that but every once in awhile it's good to live a little. You are not going to live forever and you can't take that shit with you, so you have to enjoy here and there.

That's how I got into minor debt!

Kaladin

That Mania weekend trip in Miami put me in some minor dept. Expensive Miami Beach hotel + expensive Mania ticket. That's the last time I do it like that.

I want the Money in the Bank cover as a poster for my wall.

91JuI8O%2BEUL._AA1500_.jpg

Kaladin

There is a house show in a couple of weeks. I can get a good $15 ticket to it right now. Cena vs Ryback is the main event though.

Hell No & The Shield will be there though, that's a plus.

Kaladin

All I know is, I'm never getting a floor seat to a house show again. Too expensive for that experience and too many kids.

krae_man

WrestleMania is definitely a do once in your life thing if you're a wrestling fan. It's worth the money.

GAF meetups are also awesome. I've done almost a dozen of them so far. You're missing out if you don't to go them.

All I know is, I'm never getting a floor seat to a house show again. Too expensive for that experience and too many kids.

Front row is still fun no matter what. Chanting "Cena sucks" with everyone else is one thing, having him glare at you for your taunt is even better.

DMczaf

I went to Wrestlemania XII. I got to watch Goldust vs Piper in a Hollywood Backlot fight.

Interesting fact: Since there wasn't a Titantron at the time and they had to rely on the big screen in the Anaheim Pond, they brought out actual TVs for the front row to watch the match.

krae_man

I went to Wrestlemania XII. I got to watch Goldust vs Piper in a Hollywood Backlot fight.

Interesting fact: Since there wasn't a Titantron at the time and they had to rely on the big screen in the Anaheim Pond, they brought out actual TVs for the front row to watch the match.

I remember my whole household laughing our asses off when the OJ chase footage was used.

Hmmm

So DMczaf lives in Anacrime. That was a mistake; letting me know that. I'm going to tear your house up Triple H style.

Yeah Bryan 4 matches at Payback could be:

Hell No vs Reigns and Rollins, Bryan vs Kane, Bryan vs Ambrose and Bryan vs Orton.

3 out of the 4 could be really good.

Which one of those wouldn't be really good?

Sting's putting in more effort than he should because he's wrestling for TNA. I wouldn't blame him one bit if he just put in the bare minimum and collected his pay cheque, but Sting's too much of a class act for that.

Also, it goes without saying that: Surfer Sting > any other Sting, including the musician guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DnEgSaRKY

Bullshit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T1c7GkzRQQ >>> Anything Surfer Sting did

If you don't like Surfer Sting then, frankly, you're dead inside and I feel nothing but pity for you.

Fuck The Police! Among the most overrated bands of all the times. Roxanne isn't even a good song.

High five. That song is nothing but one catchy hook over and over again. God, I hate Sting. The singer, not True Sting (Surfer Sting).

My opinion of Surfer Sting was formed after carefully analyzing the evidence put forth by Josh Mathews and Road Dogg Jesse James on their YouTube series Are You Serious?.

All the people here that claim to like Surfer Sting don't have all the facts like I do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Silver Surfer Sting vs Batista the Destroyer :(

Also Sting gets a free pass because he wore a woven lettuce g-string in Dune.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Book a dream match, between an 80s wrestler and another decade's.

Yes if you want Huk Hogin you can use the ketchup and mustard hoggin vs like 2000 Rock, or 90s Rock. etc.

I'll start things out:

Dynamite Kid 80s vs Psicosis 90s

I'd love to watch them move!

Book a dream match, between an 80s wrestler and another decade's.

Yes if you want Huk Hogin you can use the ketchup and mustard hoggin vs like 2000 Rock, or 90s Rock. etc.

I'll start things out:

Dynamite Kid 80s vs Psicosis 90s

I'd love to watch them move!

Hmmmm....Jumbo Tsuruta vs Kazuchika Okada. The best armdrag in the business vs the best dropkick in the business.

Top Bottom