• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

somedevil

For those who think the company doesn’t see Bryan as a main eventer, right now the penciled in main event for Money in the Bank on 7/14 in Philadelphia is Cena vs. Bryan, with Bryan not being a heel, as the title match. As you should be aware, everything is subject to change. It’s pretty much a sure thing Bryan will be cheered in that match, given the city, and they are fully aware of that. The impression is they won’t try and make him a heel but that’s certainly something that can change. I sense the goal for the next two months is try to make Cena a “legend” by beating Rock, surviving Ryback and then having a match of the year with Bryan.

From Meltzer. Well I'm buying that pay per view. Money in the bank matches plus this in the Main Event in phily and hopefully they let Bryan get the title at Summerslam.

bangai-o

Banned
Nash said on Austin's show that HBK and Hall did strictly push ups/pull ups/dips for most of the 90s. Hall was pretty jacked.

i think Scott Hall was a natural though. He could do a couple hours of push ups and situps and still be stronger then Ziggler who spends all day lifting.

strobogo

Banned
I'd be okay with that. That really puts Bryan over as much as Cena. A super hard fought match with Dragon kicking the shit out of Cena and Cena having to really fight to win and a nice handshake and YES chants after the match would be pretty great. But I prefer to have Ryback put Cena out of action in their match, have a really dominant (though shortish) reign and have Daniel be the one to stop the monster at Summerslam.

Kaladin

I sent an e-mail to the address to ask about what Chikara is selling off, got this in response:

Thanks for your interest. We are looking to sell these items by month's end.

1) Collapsible entrance way made of metal scaffolding. Easily fits into the trunk of a compact car when disassembled. Comes with two curtains (both black.) We have a silver curtain with the kanji "chikara" on it as well that we'll throw in at no extra cost. This assembles with a screwdriver and an allen wrench. We are working on getting exact measurements and assembly instructions from the builder, as this is a one-off custom piece. In all, it weighs about 24 lbs. and can be put together by 2 people in about 10 minutes. Asking price is $999.00 plus delivery fees. CA residents will pay 9% sales tax on this item.

It is pictured here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ziadanger/8538179328/in/set-72157632940558039

2) VocoPro Rechargeable Sound system (UHF). 3 wireless mics (microphones show moderate wear and tear) included. Asking price is $499.00 plus delivery fees. CA residents will pay 9% sales tax on this item.

3) "DJ Supply" Mega LED blast bars (3 total working units + 1 non-working unit) 50RBG RC (remotes included.) These will ship in their original boxes, with instructions. Asking price is $399.00 plus delivery fees. CA residents will pay 9% sales tax on this item.

We may have a speaker system to offer as well, but we need to assess the condition first, as they were damaged at a recent event may not be operational. Let me know if that interests you and we can get our guys on that.

Regards, Anton

All out of my price range, but this sounds like everything they used to put on the shows from the entrance stand to the sound system for promos/ring announcing.....can't tell if there is any of the equipment used to record the commentary here or not. That might have belonged to SMV.

That entrance way especially will make a nice collector's item to anyone who can afford it.

bangai-o

Banned
i wonder if Cena and Bryan will be like Nick from Newlyweds. Always trying to prevent the Bellas from shopping too much and doing various household work.

I'd be okay with that. That really puts Bryan over as much as Cena. A super hard fought match with Dragon kicking the shit out of Cena and Cena having to really fight to win and a nice handshake and YES chants after the match would be pretty great. But I prefer to have Ryback put Cena out of action in their match, have a really dominant (though shortish) reign and have Daniel be the one to stop the monster at Summerslam.

wans't one of Heyman's ideas, from years ago, to have a small submission guy beating an unstoppable monster in a long angle?

they could do that with Bryan and Ryback.

strobogo

Banned
I'm thinking the Dragon/Morishima angle, but condensed and with a meaty white guy instead of a large overweight Asain woman.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hall had one of the best wrestling bodies ever. Like, even when he stopped working out so much, he looked great. You kind of forgot when he was in WCW standing next to Nash and Giant, but he was a huge mofo.

also
TVocNJr.gif

Watching Mixed Martial Archie vs Davey Richards. Lol, Mixed Martial Archie's official record - training out of Tank Abbott's Overcompensation Station in Nevada, with 0 wins, 2 losses and 16 draws.

The fans are chanting to Davey "Archie's gonna kill you". Davey goes to shake Archie's hand, but he slaps it away and Davey looks pissed until Archie says "HEY! In MMA, we pound fists!", lol. Archie seems to think he gets a point for every kick he scores on Davey and confirms the kicks landed with the judges at ringside, who look very confused as Davey applies a wrist lock and starts chain wrestling, which they don't seem to know how to score. Davey scores with some chops and goes for a kick, but Archie ducks and declares the end of the first round before retreating to his corner.

And people say Davey Richards can't sell;

ibcXPLSTthokyT.gif

Davey is less knocked out that Archie realises and he goes to work with some stiff kicks, before charging Archie in the corner and eating a knee to the face as he shoots for the leg, just like Nakamura vs Sakuraba! Archie heads up top, as so many MMA fighters do, and hits a devastating aerial manoeuvre;

iQN5zwliOBTuE.gif

Somehow, Richards manages to escape the guillotine and hits a series of Kawada kicks! Archie is out, but as Richards stands over him Archie grabs a leg lock and hooks Richard's heel! Richards desperately scrambles for the ropes, but Mixed Martial Archie does not recognise rope breaks! The ref tries to pry him off, but Archie thinks he's won and begins a victory lap, only to eat a punt to the face from Richards! Davey goes for the kill, but Archie assumes Crane Style!! Unfortunately, it has little effect;

i2yFf9x44k3uY.gif

So much fun. O'Reilly runs out afterwards and attacks Archie, but Elgin & ACH run out to make the save and set up O'Reilly & Davey vs Elgin & ACH. Earlier in the show Zero Gravity wrestled Lyndon & Fontaine, which was a pretty fun opener. Zero Gravity don't stand out much as flippy do's individually, but they have some nice flippy do double teams. Also, Heidi Lovelace from OVW took on the veteran Miss Natural (who is Ken Patera's daughter and totally wrestles like it), which I really enjoyed. Natural controlled the majority of the match and, outside of some of Lovelace's offence, it wouldn't have felt out of place on an 80's wrestling TV show.

Any wrestling fan or promoter with that kind of money to blow will easily jump at the chance to get that entrance way for cheap.

Pipe and drape is much cheaper, and something to that effect can easily be done with various light/background stands. You can't even use the silver sequin banner for obvious reasons.

When we put together entranceways (CZW, all the Arena shows, WrestleCon, etc etc), something like that is only a small part of the thing.

As a collector? I can definitely see wanting the sequin banner. As a promoter? nonononono

Kaladin

Pipe and drape is much cheaper, and something to that effect can easily be done with various light/background stands. You can't even use the silver sequin banner for obvious reasons.

When we put together entranceways (CZW, all the Arena shows, WrestleCon, etc etc), something like that is only the start.

As a collector? I can definitely see wanting the sequin banner. As a promoter? nonononono

I sent an e-mail back saying I'd take the banner they're giving away off their hands for $100, but otherwise it's all out of my price range.

I sent an e-mail back saying I'd take the banner they're giving away off their hands for $100, but otherwise it's all out of my price range.

Nice! That's definitely fair for that. If anything, I'd want the cool banners mostly used for Arena shows (the blue ones with various lettering on them). Beyond that, meh. I even have a ton of DVDs I had given to me for a project that I'm trying to literally give away :mad:

Nice! That's definitely fair for that. If anything, I'd want the cool banners mostly used for Arena shows (the blue ones with various lettering on them). Beyond that, meh. I even have a ton of DVDs I had given to me for a project that I'm trying to literally give away :mad:

ohh ohh! I want them! Will pay for shipping!

Also, glad to see you posting on here. Real interesting to hear about all this stuff.

let me cut a promo and you can send it to your peoples. You can be on the ground floor on the FallingEdge BeastMode Train! Just imagine when they interview you on the "Best of Edgey" BluRay 15 years from now.

Kaladin

I fully expect to get a no on that offer, as I doubt they would sell the ramp for $1k without the banner.....and it would probably all go to a collector.

ohh ohh! I want them! Will pay for shipping!

Also, glad to see you posting on here. Real interesting to hear about all this stuff.

let me cut a promo and you can send it to your peoples. You can be on the ground floor on the FallingEdge BeastMode Train! Just imagine when they interview you on the "Best of Edgey" BluRay 15 years from now.

Ugggggh...I'll letcha know. A ton of my friends want to bite, but it's almost 2 years worth of DVDs (I think it goes YLC 09, then KOT 10 - onward to the 2011 opener. Then High Noon), and a pain in the neck. Preference is to the GETITOUTOFMYAPARTMENTYOURSELFers :p

Wha...I don't want to be interviewed by anyonnnneeeee

Thanks! It's fun to talk about some of the random stuff. I mostly just lol about most of it on my Twitter.

I fully expect to get a no on that offer, as I doubt they would sell the ramp for $1k without the banner.....and it would probably all go to a collector.

Eh, who knows? That's a fair price for it. Cross the fingers!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
do us, Sunflower.

The only reason Team MMA isn't filmed is due to me still working on 2 of your members - Heel is done but you and Can are needing to be built from the ground up.

It'll happen. Oh it'll happen.

The only reason Team MMA isn't filmed is due to me still working on 2 of your members - Heel is done but you and Can are needing to be built from the ground up.

lol, you gonna make Can?

i've seen his photo, make him a babyfaced gentleman.

This should be fun;

ibkDKxLo9oKc5m.jpg

That also probably means we'll get
a La Sombra vs Nakamura rematch on Japanese soil
. Maybe at DOMINION. Prediction time;

La Sombra successfully defends the belt against Nakamura and goes into G1 as IC champion. He'll do well, but lose to some of the bigger names and an upper-mid-card guy, who he'll then face for the IC title after the G1. But what next for Nakamura? I think this all depends on what match they want to headline the Dome next year. Okada vs Nakamura for the IWGP title and leadership of CHAOS, or Okada vs Tanahashi, round 5? If it's the first and they save Okada/Tanahashi V for sometime next year, I think Nakamura's winning the G1, if not, it'll be Tanahashi

Kaladin

What about Total Nonstop Abuse.....or The Dead? Still not sure where Mr. Sandman fits in the puzzle.

Ithil

The Bella Twins appeared on last night's edition of "The Crossover" on NBCSports, and during the interview, which you can watch in full below, they said that their respective relationships with John Cena and Daniel Bryan will be featured on the upcoming "Total Divas" reality show:

Put that fuking rocket ship on D. Bry's back

If this is a factor in pushing Bryan, so they will have the main characters of that show dating the two biggest faces in the company....then I wish the show all the best.

tm24

That also probably means we'll get
a La Sombra vs Nakamura rematch on Japanese soil
. Maybe at DOMINION. Prediction time;

La Sombra successfully defends the belt against Nakamura and goes into G1 as IC champion. He'll do well, but lose to some of the bigger names and an upper-mid-card guy, who he'll then face for the IC title after the G1. But what next for Nakamura? I think this all depends on what match they want to headline the Dome next year. Okada vs Nakamura for the IWGP title and leadership of CHAOS, or Okada vs Tanahashi, round 5? If it's the first and they save Okada/Tanahashi V for sometime next year, I think Nakamura's winning the G1, if not, it'll be Tanahashi

I pretty much said that he would get into the g1 semis and get beat by whoever is taking the IC belt from him

Lambda Piscium said:
here's a taste of the razing we gonna do on GWF:

That's all well and good, but whatcha gonna do against a guy who brings the UltraViolence, Zandig style?

iJF2C8rK0Qbna.gif

islAVPgnGVDpo.gif

i4P9Yypldhruw.gif

Fuckin' nothing, that's what.

ij4UBGg05z0dn.png

Dragonzord said:

What IS he looking it? It looks like he's holding up an invisible monocle to his eye.

I feel like I should go back and re-watch some Naito matches, I've forgotten why he's good. This should serve as a suitable reminder;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09jOnEvZuLM

tm24 said:
I pretty much said that he would get into the g1 semis and get beat by whoever is taking the IC belt from him

I want to say it'll be Anderson - he deserves a title run, but won't get the IWGP title just yet. Also, BULLET CLUB need belts and I have an unfortunate suspicion that Taguchi's going to win the Super Jr's and beat Devitt for the Jr's title.

*looks at Zandig gifs*

I am so happy I don't film that anymore :p

BITCH IT'S GERMANY -er SWEDE TIME

Yes, I know he's Swiss. He deserves ridicule!

XenoRaven

Sunflower, do you stream on Twitch? Am I able to watch on my Xbox with the app? Has anyone here done it before?
The Twitch app only shows like the top 200 channels or something like that. Based on the numbers you usually have to have around 100 viewers to break into the app.

Kaladin

That's all well and good, but whatcha gonna do against a guy who brings the UltraViolence, Zandig style?

Fuckin' nothing, that's what.

That's all well and good, but this is WWE '13, where we set up tables that go un-used, take off the top of the announce tables and never touch it again and have hell in a cell matches where we never leave the ring.

HARDCORE

Taguchi's not gonna win super jr 2 years in a row. Taichi will win.

Taichi's not winning shit, as much as it pains me to say. Taguchi's winning because otherwise he's going to look like a chump that Devitt kicked to the curb (even though we all know Taguchi's the Jannetty of Apollo 55). KUSHIDA is a possibility, imo.

That's all well and good, but this is WWE '13, where we set up tables that go un-used, take off the top of the announce tables and never touch it again and have hell in a cell matches where we never leave the ring.

HARDCORE

Oh yeah, I forgot how awful WWE games are...shit. I demand a Fire Pro Wrestling GWF PPV!

Top Bottom