• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

That Angle/Rampage staredown from Impact was pretty good except for them shaking hands. Ugh, I'm so sick of respect on-camera in wrestling. Angle should've just been pissed off some MMA guy was walking into his wrasslin and talking junk. Even UFC ruins their booking with fighters admitting respect post-fight after putting on some huge show of "bad blood" and theatrics prior to the fight.

WHY IS EVERYONE SO NICE?

Aiii

So not worth it
So, odd thought, but...

zackryder_1_full_20130520.png

Is Ryder joining Swagger and Zeb to create a tag-team soon?

KissVibes

Banned
Bo as the top guy would kill the WWE and all of wrestling, so I'd rather Cena continue his thing forever because you can work around John Cena.

--

Ryder couldn't recover from that pairing, Aiii. The plus side would be that he could do much better on the Mic than swagger.

I still think he's getting another singles push soon.

Have him work with guys like Cesaro, get him better in the ring, and make him more aggressive in facing midcard heels. Have him slowly tone down the bros and woos too.

First target: Hawkins.

Or they turn him heel, he blames Cena for his downfall, and Cena squashed him every Monday for three months.

Don't compare Bo with Cena.

That's like comparing a Lada with a Lamborghini.

You mean a LamBOrghini right?

Another point of note:

(2) Bo Dallas beat Leo Kruger to retain the NXT Title. Kruger's antics irritated the fans, and Dallas had the crowd behind him at the end. Dallas won by pinfall after a second attempt at his finisher because he botched the first one.

BOtch

Aiii

So not worth it
http://i.imgur.com/jJeGUmZ.png

Those WWE Confession Tumblr's are just about the worst things ever.

The things those marks come up with makes you lose all faith in WWE. And Humanity. And life. Basically they make you want to kill yourself.

Ripclawe

Banned
so glad I decided not to go. this is barely a house show going by 10 years ago.

-- Tons of Funk (with the Funkadactyls) def. Rhodes Scholars when Broadus Clay pinned Cody Rhodes after a double splash. The invited kids into the ring to dance afterward, just like the Junkyard Dog used to do in the 80s. Crowd enjoyed it.

-- NXT title match: Bo Dallas (champion) def. Leo Kruger via pinfall after an armdrag powerslam to retain the title. Good match, but nobody really cared.

-- Ted DiBiase vs. Curt Hawkins (didn't catch the result here; stuck in line at concessions)

-- Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton & The Miz def. The Shield (Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins) via DQ after Reigns hit Orton with a chair. Excellent match. Afterward, The Shield tried to group powerbomb Orton but Daniel Bryan broke it up with a chair. All three babyfaces hit their finishers on Shield members to clear the ring.

-- Bray Wyatt (with the Family) def. R-Truth via pinfall. The aired the Wyatt family vignette prior to his entrance. Decent match, and the family definitely came across a little creepy. R-Truth got confused on the cheap pop promo and asked the fans whether they were in Sunrise or Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

-- Zack Ryder def. Antonio Cesaro in a pretty good match. Ryder got a nice entrance pop, but crowd was dead for the match itself.

-- Brad Maddox came out and said Vickie Guerrero wasn't here tonight, which was good news because that meant he was in charge. And he was ordering Zack Ryder to wrestler one more match, against him. Ryder pinned him in about 30 seconds with a Rough Ryder.

-- John Cena def. Ryback in a tables match with an attitude adjustment through a table. Pretty decent match. Cena had a table leaned against the corner, and Ryback brought the steel steps into the ring. He tried to push Cena through the table using the steps but Cena moved, and the steps went through the table. Cena brought one more table in, and Ryback got his finisher countered into an AA for the Cena win.

The building was only about a quarter full when the show started (lots of late arrivals due to flooding). By the main event, it was probably a little over half full, taking into account they had a lot of seats blocked off near the entrance setup. Don't know for sure that flooding hurt attendance, but I wouldn't be surprised.

bangai-o

Banned
smackdown was good last night. i think wwe has entered a nice little golden era of good programming.

they just need to fix the women's division.

funny bit; you could see this girl in the stadium wearing old Punk shirt with the crossed fists, all pissed off when the Punk entrance was faked.

bangai-o

Banned
Ziggler coming back is going to be interesting considering a possible Big E fued. Last night on Smackdown they piped in the boos for ZIggler's satellite feed, so I wonder if they plan on making Big E a face.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Sadly I got an email from the arena about WWE checking bags before you can enter the arena for Raw. It was odd since I didn't even buy a ticket unless I did in my sleep.

I've decided that Sony's E3 is more important than sitting in some shitty seat where I can see everything backstage better than I can see the ring. I'm just skipping Monday completely. Not even watching any WWE tv next week.

strobogo

Banned
Girls have the dumbest facebook postings. Do you guys think AJ has things like these:

For everyone who THINKS they know me, I forgive you.

Honestly, I hold in a lot. When I'm upset, I really don't like to tell anyone. Especially the person who made me that way. No matter how much anyone asks, the answer will always be "I'm fine". Even if it's not true.

You can't have a relationship with out any fights, but you can make your relationship worth the fight.

Be the girl his ex will hate, his mom will love, and he will never forget.

I am stronger because I know my weaknesses. I am wise because I know I've been foolish. I laugh because I know sadness.

I really want to know who these people are that take the time to come up with the lamest, pseudo self motivation bullshit pictures usually with some kind of cursive-ish font and something blurry in the background OR all lower case with random italics or bold and maybe one or two words in color. I bet they are dudes.

I also don't understand why so many girls just flood their facebook with them.

7775_530504416997471_1455732059_n.jpg

379606_337095413086697_1429715670_n.jpg

421343_661166540564842_1526445513_n.jpg

601842_498708606868674_129204456_n.jpg

The best part of course being that Chris "I cave in female faces with my fists" Brown is the example shown for a great boyfriend.

Was going to buy the Miz's "I'm Awesome" polo shirt till I saw the price.

$39.99? What the hell. :| Will wait till it's $10 on clearance, after using one of WWE's coupons lol.

68308.jpg

Looks nice, but not $50 (assuming after Shipping and Taxes) nice.

AH! Finals of the Super Jr's just got a whole lot more exciting;

Ryusuke Taguchi was injured during his BoSJ match with Tiger Mask and has had to pull out of the finals - he will be replaced by TAKA Michinoku

So the semi-final matches are now;

Prince Devitt vs Kenny Omega

&

TAKA Michinoku vs Alex Shelley

I'd say the chances of
Shelley
getting to the final just increased exponentially.

Striker

Makes sense given how they constantly snipe at each other. Hawkins think's he's the Michaels to Ryder's Jannetty :lol
It wouldn't hurt to pair them up again. The tag division stinks right now and it needs more teams, and they're doing absolutely nothing with either guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It wouldn't hurt to pair them up again. The tag division stinks right now and it needs more teams, and they're doing absolutely nothing with either guy.

They don't really need more guys. They need to do SOMETHING with the guys they have.

UGH, more NWA involvement in New Japan - we get to see Rob Conway wrestle AGAIN, but instead of having Kojima to carry him to a good match, this time he'll be facing Manabu Nakanishi. Yep, that's right. The barely mobile, shell of his former self that is Manabu Nakanishi. That match is going to SUCK.

Also, Best of the Super Jr's FINAL is;

Prince Devitt vs Alex Shelley

Finally, it looks like they may be setting up an awesome match for the DOMINION iPPV involving Suzuki-gun vs CHAOS;
Minoru Suzuki vs Tomohiro Ishii
!!!! Fuck yes.

So, I just got tickets to go to this festival: http://www.holifestival.com/nl/dit-was-2012/fotos/

Not even sure what I'm getting myself into here.

Hah, that looks fun, prepare to be surrounding by people pilling/tripping their heads off.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hah, that looks fun, prepare to be surrounding by people pilling/tripping their heads off.

Heh, like every festival in The Netherlands since the 80s, ever.

Haven't done drugs in a while though, not sure if I'm getting too old for that shit.

Striker

They don't really need more guys. They need to do SOMETHING with the guys they have.
Felt they should've done something with Rhodes Scholars a long time ago, but they seemingly were just bait for Hell No and lately Tensai/Clay. I don't get it. And when they do singles they just get beaten up by Sheamus. These two should've been tag champs a while ago.

Sin Cara and Rey were fun until injuries took place.
PTP are young and have room to improve but they're good bodies in place.
Uso's are the same and I think they'd get better if they had a manager/valet (Tamina?; if this weren't PG I'm sure Tamina could tangle it up with the boys ala Lita).
Brodus-Tensai, decent comedic team but could do better if they weren't cast in so many WTF booked matches.
Sin Cara and Justin Gabriel started teaming, no idea what to expect.

So they can still add another team or two. On the other hand, they definitely need to stop jobbing the guys all the time (Rhodes and Sandow).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro you'd love the fake ones I made of those.

"Bitch ain't my name but its what you're gonna call me!"

2013 Best of the Super Juniors WINNER;

Sorry Sunny, but Prince Devitt won
!

http://i.imgur.com/FUqVq1v.jpg

Clip from his semi-final match;

https://vine.co/v/bLPrr9VZX0Z

Apparently Devitt & the BULLET CLUB were getting crazy heat in Korakuen Hall. 2nd time someone's had a clean sweep of their block & the finals (the first was Liger in 2001) and the 1st time someone's won the tournament while IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion. Wonder where they go from here - surely Devitt vacates the belt and joins the Heavyweight division
?

Top Bottom