• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Batigol

Banned
How many wrestlers have ya'll met?

I've met ddp, jake the snake and virgil :|

I was at some entertainment convention that Booker T was supposed to be at, but he no showed :(

Jericho
Jinder Mahal
Young Bucks
Sonjay Dutt
Brutus Beefcake
Gangrel
Lance Storm
Bret Hart
Harry Smith
El Generico

And I was on a plane with Roddy Piper once, but I didn't go meet him.

Aiii

So not worth it
imagenfja.jpg

Hnnnnnnnnnnng!!

Kaladin

Nice! Would love to get a pic with animal

I've also met (off the top of my head):

Jeremy Borash
Don West
Mike Tenay
Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Abyss
Kurt Angle
The Briscoe Brothers
Necro Butcher
Tyler Black (aka Seth Rollins)
Nigel McGuinness
Larry Sweeney
Larry Zybysko
Jimmy Jacobs
Gabe Sapolsky

Probably quite a few more, but that's all that is coming to me now. Go to indie shows and you'll met quite a few wrestlers. Also TNA is good for meeting wrestlers...at least they were in Orlando. Ring of Honor used to be better about it but I'm not sure how they are now with Sinclair running things. Mania weekend at WM24 I stayed in the hotel with ROH and the ROH fans for a night and went to the after party after the Dragon Gate Challenge II show.

Hnnnnnnnnnnng!!

You lucky bastard, I'm getting mine Friday.

Kane calls D-Bry the most talented guy in the company.

WWE Superstar Kane spoke with AL.com recently to promote the company's arrival at the Mobile Civic Center on June 21st. In the interview, the "devil's favorite demon" praised the work of his tag team partner Daniel Bryan, and the last year of his career as one-half of Team Hell No.

"Daniel Bryan might be the most talented guy on the roster right now. I think he’s the best technical wrestler we have, and he’s also one of those guys who’s been able to forge a connection with our fans. And people who are able to do that are very successful.”

Kane also spoke on the new material working with Bryan has provided him, putting over this period in his career as new and refreshing.

"...If you’d told me years ago that I would be the sane person on a tag team, I would have told you you were crazy. But I have been ... In all seriousness, the past year, I’ve really enjoyed it, maybe more so than any other time in my career. It has allowed me to do things I’ve never done before.”

http://m.wrestlezone.com/news/27368...s-bryan-the-qmost-talented-guy-on-the-rosterq

I've also met (off the top of my head):

Jeremy Borash
Don West
Mike Tenay
Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Abyss
Kurt Angle
The Briscoe Brothers
Necro Butcher
Tyler Black (aka Seth Rollins)
Nigel McGuinness
Larry Sweeney
Larry Zybysko
Jimmy Jacobs
Gabe Sapolsky

Probably quite a few more, but that's all that is coming to me now. Go to indie shows and you'll met quite a few wrestlers. Also TNA is good for meeting wrestlers...at least they were in Orlando. Ring of Honor used to be better about it but I'm not sure how they are now with Sinclair running things. Mania weekend at WM24 I stayed in the hotel with ROH and the ROH fans for a night and went to the after party after the Dragon Gate Challenge II show.

You lucky bastard, I'm getting mine Friday.

I was lucky enough to get mine yesterday. I haven't felt this way since Uncharted 2, maybe Heavy Rain.

I love Steam, and to me the appeal of not switching discs, not having to manage a bunch of discs, and not being able to misplace games or have them stolen far outweighs the ability to buy/sell used. So Xbox doing that is great, I think, and Sony is living in the past. And I really do think that 3rd party publishers will favor Xbox.

I will have both eventually, probably, since there's some Japanese titles I'll like that will stay PS exclusive. But I'd rather have Halo than Killzone or Infamous, for sure.

I don't get the argument for wanting your consumer rights taken away just to advance technology, but whatever.

bangai-o

Banned
I'm so ready for next gen.

Pay for the internet. Pay for the console. Pay to use the internet on your console. Pay full retail for the game. Pay to play the other half of the game that is on the disc. Pay to play someone else's game. Pay to watch someone else play their game. Pay to use other services you already pay for (Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc). Pay to get the subscription to get a free game you actually have pay for if you want a full version.

So pumped.

im still confused about the charging for online on PS4 thing. i didnt watch any of the pressers and i always thought gaf would implode once PSN starts charging for online. are they charging to play online?

anyway. my friend said he is going to let me borrow his copy of Castlevania on 3ds once he completes it. all is not lost this generation.

I don't get the argument for wanting your consumer rights taken away just to advance technology, but whatever.
I don't want any rights because then the terrorists will hate me for my freedoms. :/

Seriously though, nobody's taking anybody's rights away. They are selling something, and you either buy it or you don't. I personally think what you get from Steam/Xbox One is worth a lot more than what you give up (yes, you give it up, it's not "taken away"), and so those are the platforms I'm more inclined towards.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want any rights because then the terrorists will hate me for my freedoms. :/

Seriously though, nobody's taking anybody's rights away. They are selling something, and you either buy it or you don't. I personally think what you get from Steam/Xbox One is worth a lot more than what you give up (yes, you give it up, it's not "taken away"), and so those are the platforms I'm more inclined towards.

Everyone always has the option to buy, nobody's being forced into anything. Every consumer can educate themselves on their decision so it's not out of anyone's hands. If you buy something you don't like or don't agree with, that shit's on you.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Fortunately we have an offline console, it's called the Xbox 360. Fuck off poor people we don't need you.

Everyone always has the option to buy, nobody's being forced into anything. Every consumer can educate themselves on their decision so it's not out of anyone's hands. If you buy something you don't like or don't agree with, that shit's on you.

Yup. And that answers your earlier point of why no one is having a shit fit about the potential of online passes. You can just not buy those games that support those if you feel strongly about it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fortunately we have an offline console, it's called the Xbox 360. Fuck off poor people we don't need you.

If I had a system that required internet, and one that didn't, I would tell people without internet to get the one that doesn't need it. I don't see what's wrong with that. People just want to be pissed. We're in a wrasslin thread, we thrive on that ish.

Yup. And that answers your earlier point of why no one is having a shit fit about the potential of online passes. You can just not buy those games that support those if you feel strongly about it.

That's something that's been really finally getting through into my thick skull. People keep saying they feel strongly about this stuff, but actions are saying they're lyin.

Looks like CM Punk is going to have new music by Rancid for his entrance on Sunday. I'm stoked because I never really liked Cult of Personality as an entrance theme. It was neat for the ROH Summer of Punk connection and the fact that he got WWE to pony up the dough, but it was a huge step down from This Fire Burns and its PICKSLIDE OF MEGAHYPE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like CM Punk is going to have new music by Rancid for his entrance on Sunday. I'm stoked because I never really liked Cult of Personality as an entrance theme. It was neat for the ROH Summer of Punk connection and the fact that he got WWE to pony up the dough, but it was a huge step down from This Fire Burns and its PICKSLIDE OF MEGAHYPE.

Rancid were once punk rock so they'll take any payout they can I guess

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't Punk friends with one of the guys from Rancid or something like that?

Lars from Rancid is a HUGE wrasslin fan and always has been, I'm sure a special agreement has been made. If he posted here he'd sound like Bootaaay, very knowledgeable and has many, many years of watching EVERYTHING under the sun under his belt.

Kaladin

Rancid were once punk rock so they'll take any payout they can I guess

Rancid is ok, they're no Social Distortion though. Tim Armstrong is more relevant than the band is these days with the production work he's been doing. He did an awesome album with reggae legend Jimmy Cliff.

XenoRaven

Legitimate question that may have already been answered earlier but I wouldn't know because I'm too lazy to look.

What does the XBone offer that the PS4 doesn't, only without the restrictions on second hand games built into the console?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Legitimate question that may have already been answered earlier but I wouldn't know because I'm too lazy to look.

What does the XBone offer that the PS4 doesn't, only without the restrictions on second hand games built into the console?

For me, just games and a larger base of achievements. That's really all I care about are the games. UI looks nice and quick, but that'll change over time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Love to see this. When it first happened, people thought Team Hell No would end up burying Bryan, but on the contrary, it's made him more popular than ever, and according to dirt sheets
he's got a main event feud with Cena coming

I'm glad to see that Kane has been enjoying this period. The guy is having a ton of fun, and Bryan is great to be around. Ever since he lost to Bryan at SS, he's been doing everything he can to keep Bryan over, and his character has taken on the weaker role in the team, in order to assure that. A lot of people here thought teaming up with Kane would hurt Bryan, I said it wouldn't, and I'm glad to see that it hasn't, but rather, really helped, not necessarily in the eyes of the fans (Bryan was already over with them), but Hell No has allowed Bryan to shine in the eyes of management who understand now just how versatile he is (and versatility is something sorely needed in the WWE with Jericho and Kane likely done soon). With some veteran stamp of approval from Kane, I think Vince finally appreciates Bryan.

No disc switching, no stolen discs, no discs lost in a fire, no damaged discs, no lost discs, no boxes full of discs when you move.

Voice control integrated into the platform and therefore available for any game on the system as well as for launching games. "Xbox, play WWE '14" "Randy, execute rest hold"

More experience providing an online infrastructure, better online user experience design.

Better game market. Steam sales are an economic effect of both the loss of value to the consumer from not being able to sell games, and the flexibility publishers gain from not having to compete with the used games market. New games often have 10% off for pre-order on Steam. Xbox One will have the same benefits.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Better game market. Steam sales are an economic effect of both the loss of value to the consumer from not being able to sell games, and the flexibility publishers gain from not having to compete with the used games market. New games often have 10% off for pre-order on Steam. Xbox One will have the same benefits.

Someone's going to say "Xbox never puts games on sale!" even though they do, for good prices, pretty often.

jmdajr

No disc switching, no stolen discs, no discs lost in a fire, no damaged discs, no lost discs, no boxes full of discs when you move.

Voice control integrated into the platform and therefore available for any game on the system as well as for launching games. "Xbox, play WWE '14" "Randy, execute rest hold"

More experience providing an online infrastructure, better online user experience design.

The family account thing sounds promising. Digital sharing could potentially even be better than physical sharing, but I have yet to understand all this.

Saying all this. Getting PS4 at launch, and letting MS get all the kinks out.

strobogo

Banned
What the fuck, had I known how much of a pain in the ass it is to legally watch blurays on your PC, I wouldn't have picked up this drive.

Top Bottom