• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to have the time to set up a Wrasslegaf Southern Circuit - hit all the bad southern indies as a team to see how insane shit is.

Aiii

So not worth it
That doesn't even make sense, Sunny. Big E totally hit AJ.

Best part is nowadays AJ skips ahead of Big E when it's the two of them or stays back at least 5 meters (with Dolph).

Speaking of AJ entrances. I do hope Dolph and Big E accompany her to the ring on Sunday, it sorta bugs me she's playing valet for those two, yet they never come out with her when she has a match.

I guess it's intentional to avoid any confusion about men maybe hitting women and PG and what not, but it makes no sense that AJ valets for the two of them and they don't come out for her matches. They're presented as a team, aren't they?

strobogo

Banned
So if I want to be able to use this BR drive, I have to buy a new graphics card (which apparently can't even handle the play back of the rips) AND a new monitor/TV, since this has no HDMI port so even if my graphics card was up to snuff, I couldn't use it anyway. And my actual TV is SD and also has no HDMI. Even if I buy an actual player, I have nothing to hook it up to.

What a huge boner I've made.

datfeel-o.gif

rg91.gif

qw09.gif

facepalm-o.gif

Anyone checking out the new MAVTv channel? I'm digging it because they show Championship Wrestling from Hollywood on certain days and I don't have to wait til late Saturdays to check it out

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone checking out the new MAVTv channel? I'm digging it because they show Championship Wrestling from Hollywood on certain days and I don't have to wait til late Saturdays to check it out

Never heard of it. What market is it available in?

Not sure why I asked, I don't even have cable.

Chris Dickinson is ridiculous, dude's getting bigger by the month - nice match with Russ Meyers at the AIW JT Lightning Invitational Tournament, Meyers kicked him hard in the skull and Dicksinson went a tad crazy. Veda Scott vs Fontaine was good fun, about to watch BJ Whitmer vs Josh Prohibition.

Dickinson's 'Brain Eater' finisher;

ibzjZzrSTWvE2P.gif

So dumb, looks like it hurts Ricky Shane Page way more than Colin Delaney;

ibnDNjktqSYtBV.gif

Chris Dickinson is ridiculous, dude's getting bigger by the month - nice match with Russ Meyers at the AIW JT Lightning Invitational Tournament, Meyers kicked him hard in the skull and Dicksinson went a tad crazy. Veda Scott vs Fontaine was good fun, about to watch BJ Whitmer vs Josh Prohibition.

Dickinson's 'Brain Eater' finisher;

ibzjZzrSTWvE2P.gif

I like that finisher. Looks nice and simple. Not too convoluted.

So if I want to be able to use this BR drive, I have to buy a new graphics card (which apparently can't even handle the play back of the rips) AND a new monitor/TV, since this has no HDMI port so even if my graphics card was up to snuff, I couldn't use it anyway. And my actual TV is SD and also has no HDMI. Even if I buy an actual player, I have nothing to hook it up to.
Get AnyDVD HD and Handbrake.

The guest on The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana this week is Dave Meltzer;

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

Also, Dragon Gate have opened their USTREAM page in preparation for their live worldwide iPPV broadcast of the 300th episode of Dragon Gate Infinity;

http://www.ustream.tv/DragonGate

At the moment you can purchase the replay of last month's Dead or Alive PPV for $20 - seems a bit steep for a replay, but it was said to be one of the best PPVs from any company in Japan this year. The PPV will be first aired this Friday at 7PM PST | 10PM EST | 3AM BST, then will be available on demand until the 23rd. Here's the card;

. Open the Dream Gate Championship: CIMA (c) vs Akira Tozawa
. Open the Twin Gate Championship: BxB Hulk & Uhaa Nation (c) vs Shingo Takagi & YAMATO
. Open the Brave Gate Championship: Dragon Kid (c) vs Masato Yoshino
. Open the Triangle Gate Championship: Naruki Doi, Rich Swann & Shachihoko Boy (c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fuji & HUB
. Ricochet vs Jimmy Susumu
. K-ness & Kotoka vs Jimmy Kagetora & Mr. Kyu Kyu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin
. Super Shisa, Cyber Kong & Super Shenlong III vs Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda & Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito

Incidentally, New Japan - DOMINION is now available to pre-order for $25 on their USTREAM page;

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

The show starts at 5PM, Japanese time, so that's 9AM BST | 4AM EDT | 1AM PDT, with on demand replays running until those same times on the 30th of June. Here's the card;

. IWGP Heavyweight Title Hardcore Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hirooki Goto
. Special Challenge Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt
. Special Challenge Match: Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
. Tetsuya Naito Return Match: Tetsuya Naito vs Yujiro Takahashi
. CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun: Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii vs Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin
. NWA Heavyweight Championship: Rob Conway (c) vs Manabu Nakanishi
. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title 3-Way: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
. Captain New Japan, Ryusuke Taguchi & Yuji Nagata vs BULLET CLUB (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Karl Anderson)
. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Title Match: Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero (c) vs KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley
. Tiger Mask & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heard about Meltzer on AoW, will check it out.

I might pass on DOMINION though, or wait until I hear more. I've had less and less time to dedicate to wrassles and I don't think I'll be up for it live, so it doesn't hurt to wait for feedback.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Triplemania is sunday. I don't recommend you buy it

Considering my time issues I don't think it'd be smart. I want to support it though because it's the right price, for sure.

tm24

Considering my time issues I don't think it'd be smart. I want to support it though because it's the right price, for sure.

Yeah, I'll skip on Triplemania, I can get my flippy-do action from Dragon Gate and it's bound to be a better all-round show. Hope it does well for AAA though, I'd like to see CMLL offer iPPVs via USTREAM.

Its an incredible price for sure and the main event will be amazing, probably worth the 15 bucks alone. Unfortunately, outside of the 5team tag match and maybe the Blue Demon match, it will be a very meh card

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
...you need a new project, Stro. Watch every Clash of the Champions. Watch the entire run of Smoky Mountain. Watch some XPW.

I want someone to do WCW Prime. Randomly thrown together matches, wrestlers having a lot of control yet usually drunk or high or not giving a damn, a lot of the "smaller guys" Nitro wasn't using or cared about, just bizarre or inane commentary.

I'm never going to watch it myself, but hearing Lance Storm and Dean Malenko talk about it with "reverence", I'm curious if it truly can be viewed as a "spot the wrestler that cares, spot the wrestler that's just given up hope" show.

Seleziya Sparx vs Ethan Page was surprisingly great, some very nice storytelling in this match-up and great work on Seleziya's part. Goddamn, wrestling fans are assholes sometimes, some of the shit this one dude was shouting throughout the match was ridiculous, all the while cheering for Page to "fuck her up!!". The rest of the crowd seemed a bit stunned by how hard Page was hitting her at first, but rallied behind her towards the end, while Page got to show off how much of a massive prick he is as a heel.

What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP;

iSM9ISsfr1WUd.gif

Ouch;

izZhvWfOEap2U.gif

bangai-o

Banned

so what Bluray were you trying to watch anyway?

Aiii

So not worth it
NEW CHAMPION!
dallas-642-2.jpg

Heading into his NXT Championship Match against Big E Langston, Bo Dallas had heard it all. It seems few expected the young athlete to pull off an upset victory over NXT’s Immovable Force. Yet Bo did, in fact, achieve his goal of becoming NXT Champion while simultaneously silencing the doubters. One might think the win came as a surprise to the new champion, but a deeper look into the genetic makeup of the Brooksville, Fla., native tells another story.

Dallas’ first mainstream exposure in front of the WWE Universe was during a life-changing opportunity last January. After winning an NXT Tournament during Royal Rumble Axxess, Dallas earned himself a coveted spot in the 30-Man Royal Rumble Match. Though many debuting Superstars might have buckled under the pressure, Dallas managed to last an impressive 21 minutes. Furthermore, he secured an upset elimination of Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett. His ensuing rivalry with Barrett nearly captured the Intercontinental Championship from the bare-knuckle fighter, and though Dallas came up short, he didn’t let frustration become his proverbial Achilles heel. Instead, he used the experience as motivation to work harder and surpass expectations. It’s a lesson he has learned at a very young age.

There are very few who can lay claim to as strong a family lineage of wrestling greats as Dallas. He is the grandson of WWE Hall of Famer Blackjack Mulligan, the nephew of WWE Hall of Famer Barry Windham and brother, Kendall, as well as the son of former WWE Superstar Mike Rotunda (IRS). Dallas was taught by the best that nothing is given – only earned – through hard work and determination.

www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/2013-06-12/bo-dallas-nxt-champion

Top Bottom