• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

strobogo

Banned
The glove and cowboy boots are the only good things about Bo. Blackjacks in the house. He's not cool or bad ass enough for them, though. He'd be better off with either a captain hat or tie. Maybe he should wrestle in suspenders.

strobogo said:
Bo should try to steal Luke Harper from Bray. And in retaliation, the family murders him.

But then Bo, left for dead by the Wyatt Family, is restored to this world by the might of Divine Intervention and becomes a BOrn again Christian preacher man. Bo says that during his near death experience he saw a vision of Bray's true form and that he's the devil himself, so God ordained Bo as Preacher Dallas and ordered him to baptise good souls to join his Flock so that they might fight the Wyatt Family in a battle that stretches beyond Sports Entertainment, beyond wrestling, beyond, even, this plane of existence. The ultimate fight for good and evil, with Bo Dallas as humanities saviour.

Nice, I'm not familiar with Hope, but I'll keep an eye out for him - saw Travis teaming with Martin Kirby as Project EGO at the PROGRESS show I went too and they both really impressed. I'd say my top 5 at the moment are;

1. Zack Sabre Jr. - best technical wrestler in the UK, one of the best in the world
2. Noam Dar - like you said, he's crazy talented for his age, kid's a future star.
3. Mark Andrews - excellent high-flyer, loved his match against Will Osprey, who is another great high flyer.
4. The London Riots - great bruiser tag team, lot of fun to watch physically abuse guys in the ring and verbally abuse the fans ringside.
5. Dave Mastiff - an absolute beast of a man.

Obviously rather PROGRESS centric, but I'm checking out a Revolution Pro show in October that features New Japan ace Hiroshi Tanahashi! Super excited for that one. Also, get to see Doug Williams wrestle at the next PROGRESS show, which should be awesome.

Yeah, PCW seem to be bringing in a lot of foreign guys, but it seems to be working for them - I'm not sure what their attendances are like, but it always seems like a packed, lively show on the few videos I've seen online. Heard of Futureshock before, but never seen anything from them.

Here's a match of Noam's from PROGRESS Chapter 1;

El Ligero vs Noam Dar - (PROGRESS 03/25/12)

Also, you can grab the first four PROGRESS shows as digital downloads from their website - well worth the asking price, especially Chapters 1 & 4;

http://progresswrestling.com/merch/

Obviously mine are PCW centric at the moment, to be honest I'm just getting in to the UK indie scene from there and really enjoying it

Danny Hope was a joke entrant, his gimmick is he has tassels on his trunks, its ridiculous but over somehow, he runs Kustom Kunts which makes a lot of the guys ring wear.

Booked some more PCW tickets tonight for October, only 4 imports, Elijah Burke, Davey Richards, Ultimo Dragon and Michael Elgin.

For the August show which is all uk talent so far there is an ironman match between Dar and Williams, Danny Hope v mad man Manson (tasselmania vs insania) and Keith Myatt vs Johnny Kidd in a world of sport rules match.

As an aside I only found out at the last show that Noam got his name from combining Noel and Liam

Kaladin

John Cena's year plus reign of terror as WWE Champion is really booked to give Bo Dallas time to get TV ready in NXT land so Bo can be the savior of the WWE and defeat Cena for the WWE Championship. You see, Cena will turn heel on the fans like many long term champions do and Bo Dallas will save us from Hollywood Cena.

CHRISTIAN!
CHRISTIAN!

At last...
You're on your......

PHOOOOOOOOOOONE!

That's his new gimmick. He's always seen on the phone. Phone people, but not Kevin Nash. Kevin Nash get's jelly and he returns to find out why Christian never phones him.

I liked Michael Tarvers gimmick of 'guy on phone backstage'

Booked some more PCW tickets tonight for October, only 4 imports, Elijah Burke, Davey Richards, Ultimo Dragon and Michael Elgin.

For the August show which is all uk talent so far there is an ironman match between Dar and Williams, Danny Hope v mad man Manson (tasselmania vs insania) and Keith Myatt vs Johnny Kidd in a world of sport rules match.

I saw PCW booked Ultimo! Super jealous, I'd love to see him live.

Jeff Albertson said:
As an aside I only found out at the last show that Noam got his name from combining Noel and Liam

Hah, that makes sense. I thought Noam was a bit of an odd name, even for a Scot, lol.

I saw PCW booked Ultimo! Super jealous, I'd love to see him live.

Hah, that makes sense. I thought Noam was a bit of an odd name, even for a Scot, lol.

It always strikes me as odd that whenever I see anything about him they have to mention the fact he's Jewish like it somehow matters

People are excited for Christian? What a strange world.

Meltzer says that the winners of Okada/Makabe and Tanahashi/Devitt will face off for the IWGP Heavyweight Title at the 7/20 iPPV.

So that's Okada vs Devitt, then, as Devitt's got to get his wan back over Tanahashi and I really can't see them doing Okada vs Tanahashi V this early. That's got Tokyo Dome main event written all over it. Devitt vs Okada should be great fun, though. Nice to see that he's got two of the best for his first matches in the heavyweight division.

Devitt's so awkward looking. Like he looks like Sheldon Cooper juiced up.

He's a reaaaaaaaal shooter, ya got that? REEAAAAAL.

ivd18LmVBybLV.jpg

i5SrzYf4Felg8.gif

The nicest thing I can say about Christian in 2013 is that feud with Randy produced some good matches, despite going on forever and ever.

I eagerly await to see how he slots back into mid-card mediocrity this time around.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I just got mad again at Big Show for ruining Wade Barrett.

So much potential gone in an instant because of one careless move by that idiot.

I just watched Bo win the NXT title and it was awful, my night is ruined.

So much potential gone in an instant because of one careless move by that idiot.
I'd forgotten about this, why did you have to remind me?

At least the man responsible was suitably punished. Though I'd be more mad at the booking right now, they've not done Wade any favours by having him lose every non-title match over the last 6 months.

Yeah it's not like it was planned or anything. Mean ol' Big Show PURPOSELY threw Wade over the ring WITH MALICE IN HIS HEART in order to SAVAGELY INJURE Wade.

If only you were in the ring, you could've saved Wade and his go-nowhere career!

Striker

The nicest thing I can say about Christian in 2013 is that feud with Randy produced some good matches, despite going on forever and ever.

I eagerly await to see how he slots back into mid-card mediocrity this time around.
A stupid booking decision from the get go by forcing him to go heel after Edge's retirement only because they wanted to jam Orton back into the main event. Face Christian vs. Del Rio who was coming off a Rumble win is where they should've went and would have made tons more sense for both guys, but in the end it screwed up both guys and just made Orton look stronger.

poopsinbags.jpg

Yeah it's not like it was planned or anything. Mean ol' Big Show PURPOSELY threw Wade over the ring WITH MALICE IN HIS HEART in order to SAVAGELY INJURE Wade.

If only you were in the ring, you could've saved Wade and his go-nowhere career!

Man look at this joker, he doesn't even know what happened.
Show was trying to brutally cripple Dolph by launching him into the announcers table, fortunately the heroic Barrett sacrificed his arm to prevent Dolph's destruction.

Dolph owes Barrett a title match.

Man look at this joker, he doesn't even know what happened.
Show was trying to brutally cripple Dolph by launching him into the announcers table, fortunately the heroic Barrett sacrificed his arm to prevent Dolph's destruction.

Dolph owes Barrett a title match.

Could've sworn Wade got tossed, but my sarcasm stands.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

What are you talking about? Wade was already on the outside of the ring. Big Show threw a guy onto his arm.

Top Bottom