• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

This is proof of his awesomeness.

130606_kak_njpw_a_pict03.jpg

this is such an amazing pic.

Long live Devitt!

bootaaay: has all of the Best of the Super Juniors been uploaded?

A few WWE titles are being removed from Netflix at midnight tonight.

-- Best of RAW & SmackDown! 2011
-- The Best of WCW Clash of the Champions
-- You Think You Know Me? The Story of Edge

Mengetsu

strobogo

Banned
Did anyone ever give any consideration to the idea that perhaps it was Dolph trying to over sell that actually injured the Bear Rot Garage? Big Show has been persecuted long enough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm thinking about getting DKCR3d and Last of Us after work today. But hm, need to save money as well.

Anyone know how good the replayability is on DKCR?

jmdajr

It's being said that Vince McMahon was actually blaming the WWE product for the low rating as opposed to the NBA game, as he didn't understand how big of a draw the Heat are, and he didn't think the Pacers were a very popular team.

man...

I'm thinking about getting DKCR3d and Last of Us after work today. But hm, need to save money as well.

Anyone know how good the replayability is on DKCR?

I find platformers incredibly replayable in general, so I guess it depends on what interest you have in revisiting stages to grab Kong letters to unlock the rest of the games secret stages, or the optional puzzle pieces that only earn you stuff like artwork.
It's also got a time attack and mirror mode but that's more for the die hard platforming scene.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I find platformers incredibly replayable in general, so I guess it depends on what interest you have in revisiting stages to grab Kong letters to unlock the rest of the games secret stages, or the optional puzzle pieces that only earn you stuff like artwork.
It's also got a time attack and mirror mode but that's more for the die hard platforming scene.

Tropical Freeze looked really cool to me, and I don't have a Wii, so I figure it could be something to do on the 3ds until I decide to buy a Wii U. I guess when W101 comes out.

Tropical Freeze looked really cool to me, and I don't have a Wii, so I figure it could be something to do on the 3ds until I decide to buy a Wii U. I guess when W101 comes out.

Well I strongly recommend it at some point if you like 2D platformers, I consider it one of the very best, if you're strapped for cash right now just go with one or the other regarding DKC and TLOU.

jmdajr

Platformers....

I remember getting 100% in all the original 3 Crash Bandicoot games, and the first Jak and Daxter.

I don't know how I had the patience. Especially for Crash, a lot of the time you had to beat a level without dying to get every box.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Donkey Kong on the Wii and 3DS is the bomb, true bliss, for real. Platforming bliss. Great challenge.

Finished Night 1 of AIW's JT Lightning Invitational Tournament - really great show all-round, not a bad match on the card and I'm having trouble deciding which match was my favourite. Probably either Biff Busick vs Michael Elgin, Adam Cole vs Tim Donst or ACH vs Josh Alexander. Donst & Cole wrestled an excellent match that saw Donst in control for the majority, allowing him to show off his technical wrestling skills. He's seriously underrated and this match showed exactly why, also his Gator Roll is one of the best spinning neckbreaker's I've seen. ACH vs Alexander was just as awesome as you'd expect, although it did go a few minutes too long. ACH kicked out of something ridiculous, went on a tear and then tried for a double-underhook powerbomb, but because Alexander is so comparatively huge he came right down on top of ACH and it looked really awkward. The main event was Johnny Gargano vs Matt Cross, two students of JT Lightning, and they really didn't let up the pace in this one, but the crowd were slightly burnt out by this point after watching 11 other matches. Looking forward to watching Night 2, but on the basis of Night 1 I couldn't recommend these shows enough. AIW's definitely one of the most improved indies in the US in the past few years and this show is a great example of that.

http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/aiw-m...tournament-night-1-cleveland-oh-download.html

http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/aiw-m...tournament-night-2-cleveland-oh-download.html

Awesome slingshot slam from Alexander;

i8mw4iLoJETaL.gif

Josh Alexander spikes ACH;

iWyQd5D6FS8RE.gif

ACH flies;

iy6cRmtKrHvoN.gif

Big belly to belly into the ringpost from Donst;

i8VASbAcuI2Ga.gif

Fisherman buster from the top;

iewmJPNa6ES8D.gif

Penguin

Every time I come in this thread recently it's about games

Which makes sense because a gaming forum.. but I come here to hide from that at times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Which makes sense because a gaming forum.. but I come here to hide from that at times.

Happened in all the other communities too. Blame E3. MMA-GAF was talkin games! So was...all the other communities!

On a gaming forum, what can you do. You should add in some talk about the wrestles, so it feeds off of each other.

For instance:

Let's talk about cleverly-named finishers. Got any?

Undertaker's TOMBSTONE is truly a brilliant name for it.
Ted DiBiase's MILLION DOLLAR DREAM was great, because...people have that dream.

Gimme some mo.

Samuray Del Sol & Sami Callihan will face of at AAW's Bound By Hate show on June 28th in a 'Farewell Match' as they both head to WWE developmental.

Penguin said:

Yeah, I get that, although personally I like posting about non-wrasslin' stuff here, as I value the opinions of you guys more than the average Gaffer on gaming side. We probably have gone off topic more than usual recently as well, what with e3 and everything.

Penguin

Happened in all the other communities too. Blame E3. MMA-GAF was talkin games! So was...all the other communities!

On a gaming forum, what can you do. You should add in some talk about the wrestles, so it feeds off of each other.

For instance:

Let's talk about cleverly-named finishers. Got any?

Undertaker's TOMBSTONE is truly a brilliant name for it.
Ted DiBiase's MILLION DOLLAR DREAM was great, because...people have that dream.

Gimme some mo.

Oh I like this game!
(And I actually like games as well and platformers but still!)

I will do the reverse though.. I've always hated the name Pedigree for Triple H's finisher. I know it's a holdover from his original gimmick, but finishers' names can change.

I also dislike the Skullcrushing Finale. I've never ever gotten the reference or how it works for the Miz.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I get that, although personally I like posting about non-wrasslin' stuff here, as I value the opinions of you guys more than the average Gaffer on gaming side. We probably have gone off topic more than usual recently as well, what with e3 and everything.

What's nice is that I get level-headed (mostly!) opinions from my wressles buddies, and that holds more weight to me than an open topic on gaming-side, especially with how gaming-side has gone.

Anyone hear from Sandman after his cake and ice cream? Is he plump and happy from birthday food?

Oh I like this game!
(And I actually like games as well and platformers but still!)

I will do the reverse though.. I've always hated the name Pedigree for Triple H's finisher. I know it's a holdover from his original gimmick, but finishers' names can change.

I also dislike the Skullcrushing Finale. I've never ever gotten the reference or how it works for the Miz.

Pedigree was lucky it still has that same name considering how he changed. It did have a unique look for its time though. Skullcrushing Finale simply sounds too badass for the Miz to have.

I found Bret Hart's Sharpshooter an interesting one because in retrospect, he never once acted like a Hitman. Ever.

Sometimes it's nice to come here and get away from the negative whining of gaming side when it gets too much and escape all the people who think they know how to run major companies, here in the comfort of Wrasslegaf it's all about complaining about the state of WWE and fantasy booking how to successfully run THIS BUSINESS™

...okay so maybe it's not much different at all but somehow all of that works a lot better in here.

Give me time to look up finisher names, i'm sure there's one in particular that i've always loved but my minds gone blank.

Penguin

Sometimes it's nice to come here and get away from the negative whining of gaming side when it gets too much and escape all the people who think they know how to run major companies, here in the comfort of Wrasslegaf it's all about complaining about the state of WWE and fantasy booking how to successfully run THIS BUSINESS™

...okay so maybe it's not much different at all but somehow all of that works a lot better in here.

Give me time to look up finisher names, i'm sure there's one in particular that i've always loved but my minds gone blank.

I agree.. I hate when people want to tell gaming companies what they are doing wrong.. but I get it

At the same time, we'll all tell the WWE how to fix their product

I think the major difference is that WWE is a "Free" entertainment that they try to convince you to pay for.. so you're like.. we want to pay you.. but you're not doing it right

Anyhow, I also like the Diamond Cutter as a finisher name

And always thought Rock Bottom was clever and worked since driving you to the ground.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wrasslin' news:
Here’s the updated synopsis for WWE’s new (unnamed) Triple H WWE DVD/Blu-Ray, which will be released on September 24th:

“Triple H continues to build upon his enduring legacy. From 13-time World Champion to COO, Triple H has played multiple roles spanning decades. Packed with over 3 hours of documentary footage, all-new interviews and matches, this compilation profiles Triple H’s entire career as well as his current executive role with the WWE.”

Paul Heyman ✔ @HeymanHustle
"RT: @TheDrewMcIntyre if one was to join Paul Heyman nobody makes more sense than a tossed Chosen One #revival" VERY INTERESTING!

Vince McMahon and Triple H are being advertised for every WWE RAW through July 8th.

TNA has announced that a “Destination X” edition of Impact Wrestling will air on Thursday, July 18th from Louisville, Kentucky.

Previously, Destination X had been one of TNA’s monthly pay-per-views, however, the show was dropped when TNA changed to the quarterly PPV schedule earlier this year.

It looks like Chris Jericho's current run with WWE will end at Money in the Bank or RAW the night after the pay-per-view. Jericho likely won't be returning to WWE until mid-October.

Jericho will begin touring with Fozzy at the end of the summer with a UK tour in August and then a US/Canadian tour from September 12th through October 10th. One of Fozzy's confirmed tour dates is August 18th, the same day as WWE's SummerSlam pay-per-view.

CM Punk will be writing the foreword for Natalie Slater's cookbook titled, "Bake and Destroy: Good Food for Bad Vegans." The book will be released this August.

I agree.. I hate when people want to tell gaming companies what they are doing wrong.. but I get it

At the same time, we'll all tell the WWE how to fix their product

I think the major difference is that WWE is a "Free" entertainment that they try to convince you to pay for.. so you're like.. we want to pay you.. but you're not doing it right

Anyhow, I also like the Diamond Cutter as a finisher name

And always thought Rock Bottom was clever and worked since driving you to the ground.

That's one way of looking at it, plus it's not like we take things far enough that we're all sitting in here discussing the finer details of WWE's oversea tours plans, various financials like DVD sales and placing every new piece of WWE merchandise under analysis for sales potential, and we'd never actually talk about the wrestling itself.

Back to the finishers, I was going to say Rock Bottom myself, F-5 is one that suits the moves visual perfectly as well as its big impact, not exactly a name that's snappy but it fits like a glove.

Actually the best finisher name was clearly Eat Da-Feet of whatever it was called, usually I can love even the worst puns but that one was just too much.

I always liked Total Elimination. It made sense on multiple levels, namely because they were The Eliminators and that the person receiving the move often looked to be in such a severe amount of pain, it was very easy to believe that they had just been totally eliminated.

ibuMBlMxjq11Tg.gif

I can't see that GIF without hearing Joey scream "TOTAL ELIMINATION!!!".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm always going to mark out for Saturn in any capacity. Great pick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Saturn, I also really liked the Rings of Saturn - great name for a submission and it fit him well.

Jamie OD

That's one way of looking at it, plus it's not like we take things far enough that we're all sitting in here discussing the finer details of WWE's oversea tours plans, various financials like DVD sales and placing every new piece of WWE merchandise under analysis for sales potential, and we'd never actually talk about the wrestling itself.

Back to the finishers, I was going to say Rock Bottom myself, F-5 is one that suits the moves visual perfectly as well as its big impact, not exactly a name that's snappy but it fits like a glove.

Actually the best finisher name was clearly Eat Da-Feet of whatever it was called, usually I can love even the worst puns but that one was just too much.

It's just spelled Eat Defeat. Sole Food is another name for it.

It's just spelled Eat Defeat. Sole Food is another name for it.
Why did I just imagine Lawler saying something like "That sole food ain't no chicken soup for the soul, but that's what she'll be drinking now through a straw", it's like a repeated finisher line from a WWE game.

Top Bottom