• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |OT| WARNING! Safety Not, uh, Guaranteed | RT: 71?!%

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinG

I'm avoiding reviews, the tomatometer, etc, until I see it for myself Thursday night.

I want to form my own opinion without any influence.

Halcyon

I have absolutely no interest in seeing this because I still currently like Chris Pratt.

This movie will probably change that for me.

Tizoc

Gonna try and watch it in the next few days.
Wonder if I can take my nephews to watch it they watched OG JP a few weeks ago and they liked it.

Mdk7

i saw it yesterday nite, and i will be able to talk about it tomorrow... Can't wait to say more. :p

I was curious about it up until last week. Now I'm excited because I have tickets to see it 4DX style. I'm looking forward to it as a two hour amusement park ride. :)

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
this movie has poisoned the showtimes for my local theatres.
seriously though i might end up seeing this instead if mad max isnt being shown

i mean look at this... was there a payout to only show jurassic world show times?

im gonna guess 78%; better than expected, but still not amazing

It irks me more that the regular screenings aren't up yet, just AVX.

Hell, it irks me EVEN MORE that despite the fact they have 2 AVX theatres at Scotiabank Theatre Vancouver, both of them just have to be in 3D.

Not a single mention of Kuvira in the OT Toa TAK? Glad to see you recovering.

I don't have high expectations for the plot, as long as the Dino action is great and the kids aren't annoying I'll enjoy it.

BobLoblaw

Banned
tumblr_inline_njnj6nOT9f1qap5kb.gif

HOLY SHIT

Also, "Hatches June 12" haha.

Can't wait to see it! Although I think it will be mediocre. :)
I laughed at this harder and longer than I had any reason to.

Falchion

Great OT! Going to see this in IMAX on Friday night, my body is ready.

Also expecting a mid 80’s for RT score, can’t wait for some of the CG hot takes.

Herne

Amazing OP. Well done.

Not expecting much, especially after those trailers. It's dinosaurs, I guess, but I think this'll be less of a turn-your-brain-off kinda fun and more of a this-makes-my-brain-hurt film, with some spectacle to lessen the blow. For me, at least.

In a strange twist of fate, I'll be visiting Costa Rica and probably won't have time to see it until I get back in a few weeks

Still lukewarm on it but hoping it will at least be decent

Toa TAK

Banned
It's about time you people joined in on the soundtrack train. It's good.

Wait, uh, no, uh, Jeff Goldblum?
He's in there, but you're right. He should be in the OT itself. His majesty and all.
Love the OT, glad you went all out. I kept the Lego JW thread pretty basic.
Once you put up yours, I'll update the OT for the link. I'm pretty excited to play it. I haven't been excited to play a damn Lego game for years.
I finished my rewatch of TLW not too long ago, and holy moly this is spot on and I love this movie.

Cross-posting from the spoiler thread:

Summary: mediocre dialogue, over-the-top evil corporation plot, mostly thin/cliche characters (Pratt and Jake Johnson are solid), great action sequences/setpieces, carries the "spirit" of the original.

I'm guessing a 80+ RT score, but below 90.

You are much more optimistic than myself. I'm expecting 70, 75 tops. Which isn't bad, of course.

Not that RT matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom