• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |OT| WARNING! Safety Not, uh, Guaranteed | RT: 71?!%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mask

Saw it a few nights ago, local cinema still keeps some films running on special nights.

It's alright, better than Lost World, but it still has some seriously stupid parts. That video is pretty much all my complaints in animated form, bar one;
Why was the Military Leader so comically inept? Every scene he was in, constantly reminding everyone that he wanted to militarize the dinos.

Wanderer5

Stoze

Saw it a few nights ago. I thought it was pretty bad honestly. I don't have a problem with the stupidity of the plot and characters because that can be fun if the action/adventure is good, but I didn't think it was good, and most of the time I found the movie boring.

Every regular dialouge scene with the characters I was just anxiously awaiting the next action scene with dinosaurs, but when those scenes came they weren't satisfyingly directed. It just felt like they repeated the same thing...see and hear the footsteps of the dinosaur(s) coming...and then "SURPRISE! DINOSAUR!" and then commence unsatisfying CGI havoc, rinse and repeat. The nostalgiac factor they tried to grab didn't do anything for me as well and made the movie go by even slower.

There were *three exceptions though,
the first time we really encounter the Rex in action after tricking them by putting claws up the wall and then getting trapped in there with it, and the goofy raptor Predator-esque sequence. Lastly the babysitter getting pingponged around and then eaten. Those were fun.

So yeah, I was a bit dissapointed even though I went in fresh and wasn't expecting much. I haven't seen the others in long, long time though so I can't comment on how well it fits into the series. I do remember the first one pretty clearly though and it was a favorite of mine growing up.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Jawmuncher

He appears at the end with the rest of the refugees. How he got from one place to another is probably a sequel or spin-off film in the making.

Eh not really if you're talking about the end of the film.
He gets out of the log, and just walks back, all the dinosaurs were moving to the center while he was trekking back.

Him and Owen are definitely going to be in JW2 I bet.

Fezan

Eh not really if you're talking about the end of the film.
He gets out of the log, and just walks back, all the dinosaurs were moving to the center while he was trekking back.

Him and Owen are definitely going to be in JW2 I bet.

What there was a post credit scene in this too ?

Toa TAK

Banned
What there was a post credit scene in this too ?

There should've been.

It could've been a Stegaceratops coming face-to-face with Rexie in the wild, they both look at each other before they're both about to charge towards each other right when it cuts to black. Genius. Pay me (more) Universal.

So I finally saw it yesterday, and it was pretty enjoyable. This might be a bit silly through (it was only like 1-2 shots), but
I got a bit distracted by Claire running in those heels.XD Like especially when she, Owen, and the two nephews are racing through the center building into the lab, I just picture her falling/tripping lol. Funny cause pretty sure Owen made a comment about them earlier in the movie when they were at the waterfall.

Yep that's what should have happened
with the high heels
God was such a stupid thing, expecting the audience to believe that a
woman can outrun a T-rex in high heels.

Well there it is. This has been said and argued numerous times. YOU don't get to say what a woman can or can't do in her choice of apparel when you just witnessed it happen. YOU don't get to speak on behalf of woman everywhere on what they should or shouldn't wear in these situations. This is part of the feminist theme of the film. She's told to take them off. She refuses. Why would she want to go barefoot in the jungle just because YOU wouldn't be able to handle walking around in heels? She's perfectly fine and proves it.

And for those not aware, Bryce asked to keep them on for her character and trained to run in them.

I gotta say I really like Vic Hoskins. Read the character gets a lot of shit in terms of being cliche or not needed. But even with all of that I found him very enjoyable. He adds a nice little extra to the movie. Especially because of how ridiculous and ignorant he is.

Exactly. This makes him just as memorably goofy-bad as Nedry.

Watched it last night, thought it was awful. Dialogue was terrible, plot was nonsensical (I don't mind an outlandish plot, but I felt that this film failed to make sense even within its own universe eg. Raptors are apparently the most effective military force on the planet? Dinosaurs uniting to take down the final boss? All unbelievably bad), and they somehow managed to make Chris Pratt boring and unlikable.

Was severely disappointed, would not recommend to anyone.

Scotch

Watched it last night, thought it was awful. Dialogue was terrible, plot was nonsensical (I don't mind an outlandish plot, but I felt that this film failed to make sense even within its own universe eg. Raptors are apparently the most effective military force on the planet? Dinosaurs uniting to take down the final boss? All unbelievably bad), and they somehow managed to make Chris Pratt boring and unlikable.

Was severely disappointed, would not recommend to anyone.
Same, my expectations were low and still this movie managed to severely disappoint me. I'm pretty astounded by some of the positive reception in this thread. The plot was terrible, I couldn't stop rolling my eyes. That's fine when everything else is entertaining, but the writing was bad, the characters were bad (even Pratt), the action was boring and the CGI was plain terrible. Worst blockbuster I've seen in years.

inm8num2

If you wanted to ride Owen Thunderguns' motorcycle, here's your chance:

http://www.slashfilm.com/jurassic-world-motorcycle/

MotoUSA announced the news today (thanks to friend of the site @JohnCessna for bringing this to our attention) that Triumph Motorcycles will auction the iconic Scrambler ridden by Chris Pratt’s character Owen Grady in Jurassic World. Yes, this is one of the actual motorcycles that Pratt drove around in the movie.

jurassicworld-motorcycle-700x466.jpg

The auction will go live on eBay at 7pm GMT on Thursday, July 23rd, and will be live for ten days only. A certificate of authenticity will be included in the purchase.

Money raised by the auction will go to The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride, an annual motorcycle event that takes place in cities around the world on the last Sunday in September. Celebrating dapper style, classic motorcycles and the fun of riding with friends, the event is held to raise funds to help research into beating prostate cancer. Now in its fourth year, The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride has raised $2 million for global medical research and this year hopes to raise over $3.M through events in over 80 countries around the world.

If I was rich I'd be all over that. Hearing Chasing the Dragons and seeing Owen drive alongside the raptors is one of my favorite scenes in any movie.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wSTAMqOOHmc

So many favorite scenes. I think the pteranodon attack is likely my favorite though despite the climax being amazing. I just enjoy the chaos and staging of it. It's a very complex sequence. Watching all the pteranodons doing different things is really cool too.

Finally watched this yesterday. It was pretty great.

Definitely better than the sequels. Loved when they entered the old resort from the first.

I wonder why they made the main scientist evil lol.

Seems like a pretty nice bout of extras. Definitely interested in the deleted scenes, surely Claire covering herself in Indominushit is one.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Finally saw this last week. I enjoyed it quite a bit. No, it's not perfect, but it's definitely the second best movie in the series. Owen and his raptor pack stole the show. They came off even cooler than I thought they would. By far the best parts of the movie.

Blu-ray.com is saying October 13th, and there are now official images of the Blu-ray:

Finally there's a Target exclusive Blu-ray coming, but there's no details or final art yet. I have the gift set from Amazon on pre-order as it comes with a statue of T-Rex vs. Not Rex, but I'm waiting to get word on build quality and size in addition to the Target cover.

Toa TAK

Banned
Blu-ray.com is saying October 13th, and there are now official images of the Blu-ray:

Finally there's a Target exclusive Blu-ray coming, but there's no details or final art yet. I have the gift set from Amazon on pre-order as it comes with a statue of T-Rex vs. Not Rex, but I'm waiting to get word on build quality and size in addition to the Target cover.

Gah, of course there's gonna be a Target exclusive.

Ah well, I'll be on edge, too, to see what they're gonna offer.

I've never bought a 3D Blu-Ray before, I saw the 3D version on offer in UK for £10 so I pre-ordered it before price went back up.

I have the white box Jurassic Park Collection that has two empty spaces in the folder for JW and JW3D.

Do 3D Blu-Rays come with 2D and 3D discs or are both films on the same disc?

Hope I don't have to buy two versions of the film just to fill the folder.

Toa TAK

Banned
I've never bought a 3D Blu-Ray before, I saw the 3D version on offer in UK for £10 so I pre-ordered it before price went back up.

I have the white box Jurassic Park Collection that has two empty spaces in the folder for JW and JW3D.

Do 3D Blu-Rays come with 2D and 3D discs or are both films on the same disc?

Hope I don't have to buy two versions of the film just to fill the folder.
3D packages come with both.

Awesome, really can't wait to see this again in 3D. The scene when the Indominus is camouflaged in the jungle made me jump when you could see her head in 3D.

Don't forget that the 3d sets also usually come with more special features.

On that note, I'm hoping there are more we haven't heard about. Because right now it sounds fairly 'summer movie' standard and meh, only over an hour of content.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah, I'm hoping for the special features to be good, if the past films are any indication.

I don't see the 3D Blu-Ray offering the Target exclusive on their site. Hopefully that changes.

strafer

I don't like the covers.

Don't get me wrong I love Chris Pratt, but is it really necessary to put him everywhere.

Would have been cooler if it were just the logo.

I don't like the covers.

Don't get me wrong I love Chris Pratt, but is it really necessary to put him everywhere.

Would have been cooler if it were just the logo.

Agreed, those look bad.
Hilarious how there's even a tiny picture of him on the spine though.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Saw at the cinema last night. What a fantastic action movie and a worthy sequel. Can't wait to get it on bluray and watch it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom