• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the CG looks better with each trailer. Thanks to strafer:

Y9zYQPx.gif

b7GrQsj.gif

ogTicsL.gif

3HjqyZs.gif

8gbLudX.gif

I-Rex breaks into the aviary creating a hole that some of the Pteradons can escape through and the Pteradons attack the helicopter because how dare they be in their sky and the helicopter crashes into the aviary releasing the rest of the Pteradons?

Sounds feasible, actually.

Also, does Claire release the T-Rex?

wbjDHHn.png

I need a big beautiful uncompressed still of the underwater feeding show for desktop purposes. One of my favorite shots in the trailer.

Morts

I wonder how clear they'll make it
that it's the same T-Rex from the first movie.
If that is indeed the case.

I need a big beautiful uncompressed still of the underwater feeding show for desktop purposes. One of my favorite shots in the trailer.

When the hell is Apple gonna release the qt version?

The render has scars from the raptors and the official site says she's the same one--25 years old! I'm sure it will be mentioned.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My problem with the dimorphodon was it could have been different (and more accurate) from the other designs and respected "canon" or whatever their reasoning was for the raptors not having feathers. It's a species that has never been on camera.

Edit: AKA I don't think their dimorphodon can be "fixed"
Dimorphodon.jpg
This thing looks always totally scarry to me. I hope I never meet that thing T night.

What is the raptor containment used for, though? I don't think they're slapping a muzzle on them and letting them roam the pen--they'd still be dangerous. Is it used to administer...a drug? Tracking device?

Dunno but it's proving torturous thus far. I really want to see most of these shots in glorious actual high resolution. The CG has come a long fucking way since that teaser.

Yeah, I really want to compare em, and get some high res grabs of the raptors and I-Rex.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What is the raptor containment used for, though? I don't think they're slapping a muzzle on them and letting them roam the pen--they'd still be dangerous. Is it used to administer...a drug? Tracking device?

Maybe for bringing in possible feral raptors to "rehabilitate"?

SoldnerKei

I am still wondering if the I-Rex is fully growth or not, and I don't really see how merging 3 dinos DNA could lead to the I-Rex being intelligent unless they come up with the frog argument of the first one, to complete the chain they had to add dna from another animal who happens to be quite intelligent, something along the lines

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Simple, exhibit voice over talking to guests in the viewing chamber "She's our oldest dinosaur in the park at over 25 years old. One of the original dinosaurs bred by John Hammond"

it's for brushing their teeth. I'm not joking.

The back on the can is pretty great also:

dQtuM6b.jpg

Holy shit... is this implying something about the sequel? I recall one of the older drafts involving a guy named Nick going to Nublar to retrieve the can in the first act and is then taken to some kind of Ingen base in Switzerland or somewhere where they're fitting weapons onto dinosaurs.

Amalthea

Banned
The worst thing about that draft was that they would've set it in the Alps instead of the Jura mountains wich gave the Jurassic age its name.

But it would've been fantastic if there was a JP film set in my country. :D

Nice if she does let the t-Rex out to catch the I-Rex, this will be fun.

I'm guessing that Pratt has been working with the raptors with the muzzles on to gain their trust, teach them hand signals etc. I'm betting the scene in the trailer with him and the dinos is the first time without the muzzles.

Jawmuncher

So I guess the game isn't canon now if they're going to do something with the can. Even though that only had a few hours of Cyro.

Eiolon

I wonder if they will mention if Alan, Ellie or Ian signed off on this new park ha ha. This is turning into a fan movie with a fan director. There is no way Colin doesn't have those three mentioned in this movie somewhere.

I wonder if they will mention if Alan, Ellie or Ian signed off on this new park ha ha. This is turning into a fan movie with a fan director. There is no way Colin doesn't have those three mentioned in this movie somewhere.

If it were a fan movie with a fan director they would be in it as the main characters again for some stupid fucking convoluted reason. If anything it's about as far from being a "fan movie" as possible, at least when it comes to the story and concepts. There will be callbacks and references but if this is a fan movie so is the upcoming Star Wars films.

Razmos

So I guess the game isn't canon now if they're going to do something with the can. Even though that only had a few hours of Cyro.
They mentioned the Isla Nubar tribe from the game on the website, which suggests that the game is canon.

That merchandise doesn't sound particularly "canon" honestly, I guess we'll see.

bengraven

Wasn't Grant mentioned in LW and Malcolm was mentioned in JP3.

Wait, I might be thinking LW the book, but I know Malcolm was mentioned in JP3.

Wasn't Grant mentioned in LW and Malcolm was mentioned in JP3.

Wait, I might be thinking LW the book, but I know Malcolm was mentioned in JP3.

Grant wasn't mentioned in the second movie but yeah Malcolm was mentioned in JP3. JW also has a book written by Malcolm in it, likely just a brief prop.

Razmos

I just watched the trailer again, and i'm seeing a bit of context surrounding the "They're communicating" scene.
We know there is a restricted area, obviously the restricted area has wild dinosaurs for some reason, because duh.

• We see Owen arguing with the guy about how they need to do it "his way"
  • You then see Owen on his motorbike and the soldier guys rolling out in vehicles, and the raptors being released, all of this is happening at night.
  • Later we have Owen and a soldier hiding on the outside of a clearing, pointing their guns and watching a scene unfold, and the soldier says "somethings wrong, they're communicating"
  • Then we cut to a soldier being attacked by a raptor, in the same vehicle we saw the soldiers rolling out in. this is still at night time
  • And then we see 2 raptors chasing that same vehicle, or one just like it, again at night time.
This suggests to me that Owen taking the raptors with him on the hunt is experimental, and is being used as a last ditch effort. He thinks he can control them, but everything goes horribly wrong when the tame raptors meet wild raptors from the restricted area, causing the raptors to communicate and turn on the soldiers and Owen.

insert "Nature can never be truly controlled" message here and voila, we have the reason for the "tame" raptors in the film.

That's just my theory of course, but that is what it looks like is happening in the trailer, and it's backed up by the fact that we see Owen later on without the raptors.

I would be totally happy if this is what happens, and i'm sure it would please all the naysayers who are saying "tame raptors! ridiculous!"

That sounds about right, and really good if true. Context, what a thing.

Also I'm good on footage. I just want the soundtrack and that'll be enough for me until 6/12.

There's definitely some tricky/misleading editing during that sequence. The raptors are chasing the ambulance and you can see the older teen kid inside. The next shot is a raptor attacking one of the security/military guys, outside of a stopped vehicle (which could be the ambulance).

Can't wait to see how that sequence plays out. It's clear that something goes wrong, but it's also possible that there is a conflict between Pratt's character/group and the military guys, and the raptors attack the military out of defense.

There's definitely some tricky/misleading editing during that sequence. The raptors are chasing the ambulance and you can see the older teen kid inside. The next shot is a raptor attacking one of the security/military guys, outside of a stopped vehicle (which could be the ambulance).

Trailers are almost always misleading as hell. I watch them to see new footage, not to try and put a stamp on exactly how the movie will play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom