• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god, that would be fanboyish as FUCK. Seriously pandering to the original fans.

OH GOD PLEASE FUCK YES, THAT'S AWESOME. NO WONDER SHE'S SO GODDAMN SCARED. BEST SCENE IN THE MOVIE CONFIRMED.

This would actually make sense as to why they are not showing the full body T-rex yet. The render makes it obvious, but if she is the same Rex and the latest clip suggests that either the raptors or the I-rex and other reptiles are working together, then it probably goes to a "new batch" plotline in terms of their DNA.

The T-rex is (probably) exempt from that because it's from the old park, which would also make sense why those elements would even need to be in the movie. It might also explain the weird color scheme of both the I-rex and the raptors, whereas the 1-second image of the Rex is its old classic brown.

Either way, there is no point in introducing the "hybrid" plotline if it doesn't escalate into an extension of that or the climax of it. Also: this thing is a few weeks away now. Huh.

edit: I'm obviously not spoilertagging anything here because it's a spoiler thread, but I can imagine people clicking on this one by mistake. Sorry for that.

They had a VR tour of Jurassic World at CinemaCon. I wonder if that's going to eventually end up an Oculus Rift thing, or if they'll expand it at Universal Studios. I'm moving to Florida in a few weeks so I'd be down for that.

I'll tell you what I would love to see. A sort of mega trailer with all the trailer footage so far, with the sense of wonder from the teaser combined with the action seen in the newest one, but re-scored.

And no, I'm not comparing this action to Cameron's, but looking at the actual shots as presented to me, it looks closer to the style/quality of the action you find in Cameron's stuff than Bay's. The shots are very steady and coherent, for starters, and I don't think Trevorrow is going to pause the action for Orci and Kurtzmann "jokes." Even that shot in the teaser with Bryce with the flare and the opening blast doors immediately gave me a 90's action vibe, which is like the polar fucking opposite of what Bay does.

Yeah, I love that shot and what we've seen of that sequence so far.

bengraven

I need to see what's in those aquariums.

Makes me think of the nursery from JP Book 1 which REMINDS ME: when are we going to get the scene where someone feeds poison eggs to raptors? Spielberg liked to take bits of that novel and use the good ones in subsequent series (waterfall/Trex scene, pteros in aviary/vs backpack, river ride, etc). That's the only big scene that didn't make it into the JP OT.

They had a VR tour of Jurassic World at CinemaCon. I wonder if that's going to eventually end up an Oculus Rift thing, or if they'll expand it at Universal Studios. I'm moving to Florida in a few weeks so I'd be down for that.

I'll tell you what I would love to see. A sort of mega trailer with all the trailer footage so far, with the sense of wonder from the teaser combined with the action seen in the newest one, but re-scored.

First off, welcome to the neighborhood early and I'm sorry it's so fucking humid here right now.

Second, my dream since VR was announced in the early 90s as becoming a standard in the future was simply this: "dinosaurs and VR". That's all I wanted from VR - real looking dinosaurs I can walk around...until I was 15 and hormones kicked in of course.

First off, welcome to the neighborhood early and I'm sorry it's so fucking humid here right now.

Second, my dream since VR was announced in the early 90s as becoming a standard in the future was simply this: "dinosaurs and VR". That's all I wanted from VR - real looking dinosaurs I can walk around...until I was 15 and hormones kicked in of course.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm really excited about the move, but I'm slightly dreading some of those things.

A VR Jurassic World could be really awesome and sort of help keep the park "open" regardless of what happens in the movie.

Razmos

I need to see what's in those aquariums.

Makes me think of the nursery from JP Book 1 which REMINDS ME: when are we going to get the scene where someone feeds poison eggs to raptors? Spielberg liked to take bits of that novel and use the good ones in subsequent series (waterfall/Trex scene, pteros in aviary/vs backpack, river ride, etc). That's the only big scene that didn't make it into the JP OT.
We still haven't had the camouflage dinos from the Lost World (though there was an arcade game that included them)

Considering the I-rex has the same ability, I wonder if it will be beaten the same way.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
We still haven't had the camouflage dinos from the Lost World (though there was an arcade game that included them)

Great arcade game :) I beat it finally just last year. I hope that one that was teased a few months ago will soon have a finalized version, or whatever they were doing with it.

I dont like the color of that explosion.

It's too orange.

u1WZfyG.png

bengraven

Thanks! Yeah, I'm really excited about the move, but I'm slightly dreading some of those things.

A VR Jurassic World could be really awesome and sort of help keep the park "open" regardless of what happens in the movie.

A first person open world JP game would be a dream come true in any form.

Considering the I-rex has the same ability, I wonder if it will be beaten the same way.

Irex isn't shy in light though. ;)

Rexokiin...Dinoborn!

Also, does Claire release the T-Rex?

http://i.imgur.com/wbjDHHn.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh man, it would be hilarious if she releases the T-Rex so is can stop the I-Rex. It would be like if a lion was loose in a zoo and attacking people, so the staff releases a tiger to "help" matters.

Bernbaum

A few guesses, pretty much entirely gleaned from footage. I'm no doubt wrong or off on a few, but the released footage does give a lot away:

- When I. Rex gets out, the park operators keep it secret and don't evacuate the island, as suggested by the Dimorphodon/Pterosaur attack on the crowded pavillion

- An homage scene with Claire using a flare to lure the T Rex. There's bits of that scene in the global trailer (Rex's feet in background) and the first teaser where Claire has a flare in hand - both scenes are at night.

- Nothing in the released footage confirms the I Rex's chameleonic abilities. It's mostly a fan assumption from pre-release details (back when it was 'Diabolus Rex') that it had cuttlefish DNA, and then extrapolating that to Crichton's chameleonic Carnotaurus in his second novel. It's something I've wanted to see in a JP film since the second book and film came out in the 90's.

- What do we know of the 'Old Park'? I assume this is where I. Rex breaks into at some later stage in the film and that's where they track it down. The 'Old Park' part of the island may be a bigger part of the film then alluded to in the trailers, as suggested by this early poster: http://i.imgur.com/mJ7lmHN.jpg

- There was Trevorrow's tweet with the dock sign from JP1: https://twitter.com/jurassicparkiv/status/514138076554477568 this has gotta be in the 'Old Park'

- There might be Owen's "good" raptors, and the old parks "bad raptors"

- This scene of a guy getting dragged off in first-person view might not be the work of I. Rex; maybe a 'bad' raptor: https://youtu.be/aJJrkyHas78?t=82 The footage of a raptor taking out a guy as he jumps into the back of a vehicle may be an Old Park raptor, or the I. Rex turns the Raptors on the park staff. I think this has a lot to do with how you interpret the "they're communicating" line

- The 'they're commuicating' line. Some have suggested this is I. Rex communicating to other dinos, which I don't believe. A more likely scenario is Owen's raptors communicating with the Old Park raptors.

- Of course this film ends in a showdown with I. Rex and T. Rex.

Character death guesses:

- Nerd guy with Jurassic Park shirt

- Vincent D'Onofrio's warden character

- Henry Wu

Obviously Owen, Claire and the two boys survive. Everyone else is open game.

Gravidee

Anyone think Bryce's character might die?
Wasn't there news a while back where the actress got stuck inside a dinosaur head prop, hinting at her character being eaten?

Snaku

Banned
Anyone think Bryce's character might die?
Wasn't there news a while back where the actress got stuck inside a dinosaur head prop, hinting at her character being eaten?

If true this is sounding more and more like a Deep Blue Sea remake.

RagnarokX

Oh man, it would be hilarious if she releases the T-Rex so is can stop the I-Rex. It would be like if a lion was loose in a zoo and attacking people, so the staff releases a tiger to "help" matters.

Wouldn't it be more like releasing a lion to fight a tiger? Tigers are much more powerful and aggressive than lions :p

Bernbaum

She won't.

Yeah, the leading white female and aunt of two kids in a film channelling 90's era Spielberg isn't on the hitlist.. Her story arc isn't "corporate ice queen gets her comeuppance", her arc is "straight-laced modern professional learns to love Andy Dwyer and reconnect with her cuntish nephews". She has elements of the entrepreneurial John Hammond and Alan Grant's disdain for children (I'm guessing).

Simon Masrani on the other hand, now he has a target on his back. Depends on whether Universal wants a sequel or not.

Yeah, the leading white female and aunt of two kids in a film channelling 90's era Spielberg isn't on the hitlist.. Her story arc isn't "corporate ice queen gets her comeuppance", her arc is "straight-laced modern professional learns to love Andy Dwyer and reconnect with her cuntish nephews". She has elements of the entrepreneurial John Hammond and Alan Grant's disdain for children (I'm guessing)

I guess you can make anything sound like that with the right phrasing.

Odoul

I looked at the latest trailer.

There was a short story written about 15 years before Jurassic Park that involved the same premise except on a manufactured asteroid.

The trailer implies some of the same twists that happen towards the end of the that story.

It's unlikely but if JW is actually using that as an influence....we're about to get freaky shit on film!

Gravidee

Yeah, the leading white female and aunt of two kids in a film channelling 90's era Spielberg isn't on the hitlist.. Her story arc isn't "corporate ice queen gets her comeuppance", her arc is "straight-laced modern professional learns to love Andy Dwyer and reconnect with her cuntish nephews". She has elements of the entrepreneurial John Hammond and Alan Grant's disdain for children (I'm guessing).

Simon Masrani on the other hand, now he has a target on his back. Depends on whether Universal wants a sequel or not.

They've already confirmed that they're going for a sequel. Maybe a new trilogy.

There was a short story written about 15 years before Jurassic Park that involved the same premise except on a manufactured asteroid.

The trailer implies some of the same twists that happen towards the end of the that story.

It's unlikely but if JW is actually using that as an influence....we're about to get freaky shit on film!
Mind sharing some details?

The detail on the Gallimimus compared to the original is quite staggering. The CG is obviously better, it's just the lack of animatronics that will knock the sense of wonder down a peg.

Odoul

Mind sharing some details?

Our Lady of the Sauropods.

It's an apocryphal story, so if it was a movie it'd be a found footage film. A redheaded scientist lady is doing observations on Dino Asteroid when her pod explodes. She has to survive in the "wilds". Eating some of the critters like frogs and turtles they released as food source. Over weeks/months she loses weight, eventually stops wearing clothes. She just observes dinosaurs mating, hunting and killing each other.

She also starts to notice weird behavior. The dinosaurs gather around the largest brontosaur. Just her kind at first. Then all herbivores. Then all meat eaters. She hypothesizes dinosaurs might have actually had a civilization. She's eventually "invited" to the gathering. Through some kind of telepathy she realizes they want her to take back their Earth. A pod is scheduled to pick her up after a certain time. Her boss (who she suspects of rigging her vehicle to explode) comes down. He sees the her and the dinosaurs looking at him. A stegosaurus blocks him while a Rex kills him. She accepts that somehow she's going to get them back to Earth.

Oh and there was a "San Diego" incident.*
*Which is not the first time that detail has popped up in a story written decades before Jurassic Park.

Like I said unlikely, but I did pick up on a similar beat. And it would help explain the "World" in the title.

And I would just love to see the reaction of the audience if the ending even suggests something like that.

bengraven

Maybe it folds out?

Your post reminds me that the first ever fan-fiction I ever read was a Jurassic Park one back in 1996 or 97. Starts at the end of JP the film but opens with Wu escaping the boat which is covered in raptors, only to be eaten by a "new" dinosaur on the beach. So this hunter named something-manly Turner is basically going around the park trying to do something.

Sequel was naturally Isla Sorna though Turner arrives by boat landing inside a fucking Aztec pyramid and is attacked by a fucking sabretooth tiger.

I ate that shit up during the pre-Lost World hype, though.

Toa TAK

Banned
Speaking of The Lost World, I ended up watching it between my breaks at work and I gotta say, it's not a good movie, but I'm still entertained by it fully. The trailer scene, the T-Rex escape, Velociraptor showdown, and even the San Diego finale were all fun. Ian Malcom in the front was cool, of course.

What I don't get, if that was supposed to be Isla Sorna, then where was a Spinosaurus during that time?

EDIT: Also, TLW has the best score of the JP films. Soo gooood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom