• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

New pic.

CCKwAGIUEAA0onL.png:large

I am Chris Pratt... and Jurassic World. Like, the actual person and movie. And the theme park itself. I may be a little biased.
Your acting sucks because you're not acting like the actors chosen for the roles in 92/93.

Alright I'll quit the passive aggressiveness. I can't wait for this film. Though I keep forgetting when it's coming. June something?

-griffy-

Banned
The clip makes Pratt look more comfortable and natural than the now obviously out of context dialog placement in the trailer made things seem. BDH seemed like the weakpoint in the scene though, and their interaction was just kind of awkward even if Pratt was more likeable in the role than the trailers would have you believe. But maybe that's the intent of the scene? Hard to judge, as it's still lacking the context of the surrounding scenes and the full film.

Clip at least assuaged any fear of Pratt in the film I had, and overall doesn't get me any more hyped or disappointed than the trailers have already done.

The clip makes Pratt look more comfortable and natural than the now obviously out of context dialog placement in the trailer made things seem. BDH seemed like the weakpoint in the scene though, and their interaction was just kind of awkward even if Pratt was more likeable in the role than the trailers would have you believe. But maybe that's the intent of the scene? Hard to judge, as it's still lacking the context of the surrounding scenes and the full film.

Clip at least assuaged any fear of Pratt in the film I had, and overall doesn't get me any more hyped or disappointed than the trailers have already done.
Her attire and tone give away her personality, as does the contrast with Pratt and his questioning if she can relate to at least one of the basic, primal desires he lists at the end of the clip. If people come away mocking her robotic acting and call it bad, they're lost in the irony.

-griffy-

Banned
Her attire and tone give away her personality, as does the contrast with Pratt and his questioning if she can relate to at least one of the basic, primal desires he lists at the end of the clip. If people come away mocking her robotic acting and call it bad, they're lost in the irony.

There can be a pretty fine line between interesting character traits and becoming a bad caricature. I don't think there's enough in this isolated clip to deduce what this is yet.

It doesn't have to be super original character development. It'll work for the story. I'm trying to come up with amazing characterizations and development in the original movie and I'm coming up way short. Whatever "development" Hammond got went out the window in the second one. It's one of my favorite movies out there so you'll never find me being negative about anything in it but if we're talking about character writing and development, beyond Goldblum having some memorable retorts, it's not exactly a sterling example.

I forgot about Grant and Ellie's having kids dilemma which seemed to be resolved but we know how that turned out.

strafer

Bryce was fine, I think if the situation was different she would have acted more natural, she was there on business and haven't got the time for Chris's flirts. >.<

-griffy-

Banned
It doesn't have to be super original character development. It'll work for the story. I'm trying to come up with amazing characterizations and development in the original movie and I'm coming up way short. Whatever "development" Hammond got went out the window in the second one. It's one of my favorite movies out there so you'll never find me being negative about anything in it but if we're talking about character writing and development, beyond Goldblum having some memorable retorts, it's not exactly a sterling example.

I forgot about Grant and Ellie's having kids dilemma which seemed to be resolved but we know how that turned out.

It's not about intense depth or serious development. All the characters in the first film are pretty obvious archetypes (old fashioned hero, billionaire visionary, greedy lawyer, eccentric science guy, safari hunter, nerdy/impressionistic kids, etc) complete with action figure-ready costumes. But they have enough interesting traits that they mostly come across as believable and entertaining, enough that they can serve as audience vessels into the crazy adventure that unfolds. But it would be incredibly easy to tweak any of them in a minor way and they would become completely dumb and uninteresting stereotypes.

Like I said, there isn't enough context for the single Jurassic World scene to say what the deal is. I'm not writing anything off, just observing that BDH seemed a bit wooden in the scene (while at the same time Pratt seemed less wooden than the trailers led me to believe). Could be explained and be perfectly fine in the full context of the film, or it could not.

Sure and I'm not saying that character development is either amazing or non-existent but that's kind of my point, I think it seems to be fine for what kind of movie this is, just like the characters in the original. I wouldn't say that those were superlative characters but they worked for a movie about people trying to survive dinosaur attacks. What I got out of Bryce is what others are deriding as well, that they clearly used to have a thing going, she's there on business and is trying to keep the act professional but he's drilling her.

Like I said, there isn't enough context for the single Jurassic World scene to say what the deal is. I'm not writing anything off, just observing that BDH seemed a bit wooden in the scene (while at the same time Pratt seemed less wooden than the trailers led me to believe). Could be explained and be perfectly fine in the full context of the film, or it could not.

I think that is how the character is supposed to be.

Some sort of up tight corporate in a power suit, from a wealthy background. Having to come to a trailer to speak to someone below her, she is not in her comfort zone.

I liked the scene overall. So far Im liking what I have been reading in the rumours as well.

Snaku

Banned
Stopped by the local TRU between classes and found a ton of JW merch already on the shelves! Picked up Blue and the Dimorphodon. Wish they had the big electronic Indominus available.

Stopped by the local TRU between classes and found a ton of JW merch already on the shelves! Picked up Blue and the Dimorphodon. Wish they had the big electronic Indominus available.

Nice! I was so thrilled when I found them on sale near me! My big I-Rex and Chomping Rex should arrive in the mail tomorrow as well.

Cardon

Do the Raptor hands have that ungodly chemical smell like the new Avengers Hulk hands do? Seriously want to pick up the Raptor hands to play with my daughter, but at the same time I don't want either of us to pass out after 5 minutes.

Snaku

Banned
Do the Raptor hands have that ungodly chemical smell like the new Avengers Hulk hands do? Seriously want to pick up the Raptor hands to play with my daughter, but at the same time I don't want either of us to pass out after 5 minutes.

I picked them up for a second and didn't notice any abnormal smells for what it's worth.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So the dinosaurs are also Transformers... Might as well make that section "current big summer blockbuster action figures".

Raptor sculpt does look pretty good.

Says the guy who punished Buffy every time she had sex. The dude is a creep who pretends to be progressive.

Ugh. They are still doing the battle damage crap. I never wanted the JP3 toys as a kid because I hated the battle damage. Whenever I got one as a gift I would take clay and cover it over and then paint it.

fuck I was just browsing the Jurassic World site and had the main theme (the JP3 end credits version) playing and it was going along so perfectly with the footage cuts on the front page. It was pure fucking bliss.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
fuck I was just browsing the Jurassic World site and had the main theme (the JP3 end credits version) playing and it was going along so perfectly with the footage cuts on the front page. It was pure fucking bliss.

balewhat.gif

Based on your avatar you clearly already hate the movie and are acting hyped so you can tear it down later.

;) too meta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom