• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoldnerKei

"The Big Final Battle is Nuts!" - from the scan

I guess we will really have that T-Rex vs I-Rex fight

inb4 I-Rex can spit fire lol

Honestly, I have no clue what the rules are for scans in movie threads. I'm used to seeing them posted with no worries, but I'm not gonna be the one to do it. :lol

I actually haven't seen scans yet anyways... argh hunting down this magazine is gonna be a pain.

Can we make a list of potential dinos for the Lego game.

1. T-rex
2. Triceratops
3. Raptor
4. Stego
5. Galli
6. Dilo
7. Para
8. Pachy
9. Compy?
10. Spino
11. Anky
12. Baby Rex
13. I-rex
14. Brachy?
15. Apatasaurus?
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?

Some are questionable for size. And do you think multiple Raptor skins will take up multiple slots or will there be selectable skins upon selection?

Edit: I forgot the flying reptiles.

I may be posting in the spoilers thread but I'm out of like full on here's everything that happens shit so I think it's that time to finally bail.

I was just looking at gallo minus comparisons last night.
Thought this was interesting:

tumblr_nhtiswqiV61r78xioo1_400.png

The one from 1993 was more anatomically accurate. The arms are coming out the neck in JW. There's a weird shoulder hump. The tail is way too flexible when it really shouldn't be. The thing has teeth even though the fact file on the site says it doesn't.

Here is what was posted:

Here you go guys and gals.

Scene they're watching being filmed is titled "LAB ATTACK". Set in Wu's secret genetics lab. Full size Blue animatronic is brought on set.

The pig chase scene with the raptors seems like an experiment to see if they can resist attacking it.

Mr DNA plushie

Everywhere - rides, innovation centre, shops etc is branded on purpose by Treverrow. Makes the fact that the oldest living creatures on earth destroy it all the more satisfying. Quote "Margaritaville in particular goes down hard".

Wu's been splicing together genes from extinct and non-extinct animals....

Like I said before, and this is not me misreading it, but could be a bluff from the film makers (let's hope so), but stegoceratops is mentioned by an ILM employee to be in the film.

Pratt crashed the motorbike while filming the raptor scene.

Quote about each of the raptors - "Blue (the leader), Charlie (the youngest and twitchiest), Delta (the one spliced with the most bird DNA) and Echo (the one with the scar, nicknamed 'Elvis' by InGen handlers)"

One part eludes to Zara and the pteranodon both getting eaten, this comes from Pratt and Howard themselves.

Animatronic herbivore confirmed - could be apato we've already seen...

"We'll also see the return of at least one location for the first film".... Old visitors centre, banner confirmed.

Treverrow - "the last big shot is over a minute and a half long. There's a really intense sequence involving the indominus and a giant crane"

In lab attack scene mentioned earlier, blue attacks and kills someone (could this be Wu???). Sounds gory.

Unfortunately no mention anywhere of I Rex animatronic.

BTW, Empire is sending me some direct feed assets tomorrow that I can share on JurassicWorld.org. So keep an eye out for that!

Razmos

Here is what was posted:

BTW, Empire is sending me some direct feed assets tomorrow that I can share on JurassicWorld.org. So keep an eye out for that!
This is sounding awfully close to a write up I read a while back.

In particular the bit about the I-Rex and the crane (being used to knock the I-Rex into the Mosasaur tank), and that the person involved in the raptor attack is actually Owen, he gets badly injured when the raptors turn on him

I honestly can't remember where I read it. It was really in-depth but they said it was just fanfiction, but the second trailer made me remember it as well because there were some scenes that seemed to match up.

The one from 1993 was more anatomically accurate. The arms are coming out the neck in JW. There's a weird shoulder hump. The tail is way too flexible when it really shouldn't be. The thing has teeth even though the fact file on the site says it doesn't.

That's a really awkward shot of the JW gallimimus. If you look at the others, its clear that the arm attaches lower on the body and is pretty consistent with skeletal recreations.

The tail in JP was also whippy, but it drooped down. It stays a bit more upright in JW. Tails have always been pretty inaccurate for some animals, since JP1. I actually think JP3 is the only movie to give the raptors stiffer tails and more birdlike posture.

Where did you see teeth?

The official site. I don't know if they've changed it, but I got a screencap from it a month ago.

VmbTbgU.jpg

Oooh, I see. The concept art/render situation for JW is kinda fucked, from what I remember. Have of the art/renders were done internally, then they outsourced the rest (well, I think they actually got caught stealing art at one point). Probably some inconsistencies, but I don't see any indication on the in-movie model that there are teeth.

Bump for AICN article (some slight spoilers). Some tidbits:

Jake Johnson's character:

The set up for this scene allowed for Jake Johnson to use his mumblecore training to be conversational and a little off the cuff. His character is a bit of a Jurassic Park fanboy. He wears an old JP tee shirt (which he mentions is one of the real deal originals that someone stole from the original gift shop sometime after the incident in the first movie) and when Claire notices it she asks him if it occurred to him that wearing a Jurassic Park tee was in poor taste. People did die there, after all. I get the feeling that aside from the Walt Disneyification of John Hammond this new attempt at the park is trying to avoid all branding with that incident.

Lowery bites back, though. He's a bit of a Park hipster. He points to his shirt, “This place was real. It didn't need genetic hybrids. They just needed dinosaurs.” Johnson's character doesn't like how corporate this has become. Creating a new dinosaur just to get asses in seats and up revenue doesn't sit well with him, to the point where he starts joking they should just go ahead and name the new dinosaur Pepsisaurus or Tostidodon.

Trevorrow's vision:

During a camera move director Colin Trevorrow came over to talk a little with us. No matter how the final film turns out it was immediately apparent why he got the gig. He's got a whole lot of love for Jurassic Park and his enthusiasm was infectious. He said the most amazing part of the process so far was he got to have one of those famous story sessions with Spielberg (like the big one on Raiders that everybody knows about) where they hammered out the details on the film.

Colin said what was missing from the sequels was the sense of awe about these amazing creatures, which is why his pitch was to tell a story at a fully functional Park years after it has been run successfully. He wanted to capture that awe from the first movie and not just make another movie where every simply runs and screams.

The look of the OG Rex:

You should have an idea of who/what I'm talking about, yeah? It's the original T-Rex from Jurassic Park if you couldn't figure out my riddles. I didn't get a look at at her during my visit, but Trevorrow said that she looks leaner and meaner and that he kind of modeled the aging of her face on Burt Lancaster, which sounds all sorts of awesome to me. How did she survive after the events of JP1? I guess life found a way once more.

Shooting on 35mm and 65mm!

I should also mention that one of the first things I noticed when walking on set was that they were shooting on 35mm. The format seems to be having a bit of a resurrection with these big tentpole flicks. The bulk of Jurassic World is filmed on 35mm, but they did shoot a lot of the Kauai stuff on 65mm (ie big Imax size).

Dr. Wu's genetics lab:

Dr. Woo's office is connected to this room and we were led past a secret door in the wall to what was only described to us as a “hidden genetics lab.”

Gone was the Apple Store slick of polished glass and metal from the lab the visitors see.
This one is more of a mad scientist's lab. Spines in jars, walls made of concrete and lined with aquariums that, when filming, contained all sorts of genetic mutations like albino snakes, hairless rates and even two-headed snakes.

There was also a refrigerated room that shot off from this room that contained what looked to me to be the actual DNA storage pods from the first Jurassic... the ones Dennis Nedry steals the samples from. They didn't tell us outright, but I believe this is where the Indominus Rex was cooked up.

The "invisible fence" of the gyrosphere:

Apparently these things give off a certain electronic signal that interacts with chips in each dinosaur and keeps them from interacting (ie destroying) these things. Kind of like an invisible fence. That can't always work or there'd be no movie, right? There might or might not be a bit of tee-ball with a Stegosaurus and this thing at some point.

Looks like an original location shows up:

Marshall said he wanted to save the best for last and led us to a familiar set. In the film there's a forbidden zone on the island, which essentially is home to the original attempt at Jurassic Park. They've abandoned it completely and have let nature take it back. Since this is a Jurassic movie eventually some folks will be lost in the dinosaur-filled jungle, out of the safe zone and trying to avoid being dinner and they stumble across...
the original visitor's center.

Looks like the mosasaur scene is in the movie and had some direct input from Spielberg:

On our way back to the active set we stopped by a section of bleachers that was used for the big Mosasaurus/SeaWorld style water dino scene that is a big money shot in all of the marketing. Marshall told us that it was Trevorrow's idea to have this scene in the movie and that when he described the scene to Spielberg (a great white shark being fed to the Mosasaurus), Spielberg was all “I see what you're doing there” and then proceeded to expand upon it.

It wasn't enough that the Mosasaurus eats the white,
he thought it'd be cool if the bleacher were built on hydrolics that would lower the crowd down so they could watch the Mosasaurus finish its meal aquarium style.

Sounds like the "she removed her tracking chip" has something to do with the I-Rex escape?

The new scene has the same players, but they're reacting to something bad. I think it was the realization that the Indominus Rex
has removed its tracking chip (something we see in the latest trailer). “I'm telling you she's where she's always been...” but then they see her on a security camera feed somewhere else and realize that she is indeed where she shouldn't be.
Panic sets in, they start yelling “Get the out of there now!” and “Evacuate the containment area!”

It was a high tension scene and a good one to leave off on.

Lowery bites back, though. He's a bit of a Park hipster. He points to his shirt, “This place was real. It didn't need genetic hybrids. They just needed dinosaurs.”

Oh shit.

no, the new one is just a naturally genetically modified tap dancer.

"Hello my darling... "
(and so on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxlbLVcpqI
"Oh god, not again!"

Lowery bites back, though. He's a bit of a Park hipster. He points to his shirt, “This place was real. It didn't need genetic hybrids. They just needed dinosaurs.”

Oh shit.

Part of me is worried about how heavy-handed the treatment of the theme(s) will be, but the other half is really happy that it doesn't seem to just be window dressing.

I want a Jurassic Park movie directed by Terrence Malick.

Instead of the tagline being "life finds a way" it would just be "life"

Part of me is worried about how heavy-handed the treatment of the theme(s) will be, but the other half is really happy that it doesn't seem to just be window dressing.

With all the folks worried about the idea of the hybrid it's good to have a character they can relate to, and it's good that they have this in place period. He just sounds like he's giving a blunt opinion like anyone would instead of spouting nonsense in an effort to feel "subtle." Kind of like what would happen if Terrence Malick wrote it.

Razmos

Jurassic World is already breaking new ground, it's the first Jurassic Park film to have a woman die. (the woman picked up by the pterodactyl).

Everyone who has died on screen has been a man.

In all seriousness I feel like I've seen and heard too much. There's a lot to a 2+ hour movie I realize and nothing compares to actually seeing it play out in context, but I think from now on I'm just going to wait on the soundtrack and then the film proper. I'll continue to post in the non-spoiler threads though. Don't worry, I'm not about to leave the hype train.

In all seriousness I feel like I've seen and heard too much. There's a lot to a 2+ hour movie I realize and nothing compares to actually seeing it play out in context, but I think from now on I'm just going to wait on the soundtrack and then the film proper. I'll continue to post in the non-spoiler threads though. Don't worry, I'm not about to leave the hype train.

Yeah, it's almost time for blackout mode for me.

bengraven

On our way back to the active set we stopped by a section of bleachers that was used for the big Mosasaurus/SeaWorld style water dino scene that is a big money shot in all of the marketing. Marshall told us that it was Trevorrow's idea to have this scene in the movie and that when he described the scene to Spielberg (a great white shark being fed to the Mosasaurus), Spielberg was all “I see what you're doing there” and then proceeded to expand upon it.

It wasn't enough that the Mosasaurus eats the white, he thought it'd be cool if the bleacher were built on hydrolics that would lower the crowd down so they could watch the Mosasaurus finish its meal aquarium style.

Ah, okay. So that's what happens. :)

Wasn't that you I was talking about this with a couple weeks ago, Brandon? Whether it was two scenes or they had cut the original? I guess it's all together.

I think this might be my last spoiler. It has some details absent from the AICN impressions:

Most of the dinosaurs will be created using CG but they did create animatronic raptor heads for the squeeze cage in Owen’s raptor paddock. A practically-built animatronic dinosaur was created for a sequence filmed in Hawaii, but we were not told much about that scene as its a spoiler. (Thus, we probably also won’t see it in the marketing of the film.)

The dinosaurs in Jurassic World will be created using performance capture. Humans are playing the T-rex dinos. Colin Trevorrow went to ILM before production and conducted a ton of tests. They found that when a human is behind the movements you can feel the weight and it feels unlike what we’ve seen before.

They have actors on set who wear lifesize models of the dinosaur heads for the actors to respond to on set.

The film features four key raptors, each of which will be played by a different person to keep the movements consistent from scene to scene.

No dinosaurs in the movie do anything that the closest real animal equivalents can’t do.

One of the themes in the movie is that all of the dinosaurs are organic and the synthetic must die.

All of the issues of the first Jurassic Park have been supposedly “fixed”. The dinosaurs in Jurassic World can mate in the wild but all of the dinosaurs are monitored and tracked at all times. Even the surviving dinosaurs in the closed off section of the island have microchips and are tracked. However those areas of the park like the old visitors center don’t have the security camera monitoring systems of the new areas.

The original script was written in three weeks and the studio was pushing for a quick June start. Steven Spielberg decided that they needed some more time to make the movie good, and he had the pull to shut the production down before it started prematurely. Spielberg approved the screenplay in September 2013, and filming finally began in April 2014.

Steven Spielberg was very hands-on in the development of the project, but now that production is in full gear, he is fairly hands-off. Spielberg watches the dailies every day but has said he wants Trevorrow to make his own movie. Spielberg hasn’t even had time to visit the set as he’s been very busy working on two other films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom