• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoshi1

Spoiler thread and all, but look what I picked it up yesterday night;

I got a certain vehicle you guys may remember!

It's remote controlled, and is part of the Jurassic World line hitting this coming month.

The Indom I got a few days ago.

Just so you guys know, merch is starting to hit stores, and some stores have an embargo until this Friday, I got these guys at Target, though, so don't be afraid to ask there, they don't have an embargo as far as I know.

bengraven

I saw the packs of gummy treats but that's about all the merch I've seen so far. lol

Speaking of The Lost World, I ended up watching it between my breaks at work and I gotta say, it's not a good movie, but I'm still entertained by it fully. The trailer scene, the T-Rex escape, Velociraptor showdown, and even the San Diego finale were all fun. Ian Malcom in the front was cool, of course.

What I don't get, if that was supposed to be Isla Sorna, then where was a Spinosaurus during that time?

EDIT: Also, TLW has the best score of the JP films. Soo gooood.

Yep, I watched it a few weeks ago. It was disappointing in the end because of how much it changed the book, but after being a GRRM fan and seeing GOT I've learned to accept that the source material can be improved. I love the addition of the hunters - I could watch 2 hours of dino-roundup.

And the music is fantastic. I don't want to say better, because they are both strong in their respective genres. One is an epic spectacle - the greatest show on earth with some beautiful reflective moments, the other a pulse-pounding jungle adventure.

I thought you guys would appreciate this comparison from the trailers:

3Dq4fH6.jpg

Not only did the color grade change pretty dramatically but the CG also saw improvements.

Not only did the color grade change pretty dramatically but the CG also saw improvements.

Nice.

I had concerns initially, but the CG is on the low end of that list now. I'm sure that there will be moments when the CG is merely adequate, but it looks good, overall.

You mean to tell me that they actually work on this stuff in post and that the teaser was not 100% indicative of the final film's color grade and CGI?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Darn... had a dream that the whole movie got leaked. I didn't even download it or anything, it was just on my computer. Started watching it and I was already 40 mins in and figured I'd wait to watch it with others (but was still going to watch it in theatres). It was mainly about Owen and his dino buddies, and one turned from his commands and attacked one of his brothers and killed it. I could see something like this happening.

That makes two. Two dreams I've had of seeing the movie early as a download >_>

I wasn't singling you out, I don't recall you actually being part of the whole "but guys they never really improve CG from trailers to the final movie though..." crowd.

Oh, sorry. That was supposed to be a "I see what you did there"-esque gif.

I guess it's a pretty creepy/weird gif to use for that, though.

Saw the trailer in IMAX 3D when I went to Avengers, and when that Jurassic Park jingle kicks in I teared up a bit. And hearing that low rumble of the iRex at the end sounds so good in IMAX.

Definitely looking forward to this!

Saw the trailer in IMAX 3D when I went to Avengers, and when that Jurassic Park jingle kicks in I teared up a bit. And hearing that low rumble of the iRex at the end sounds so good in IMAX.

Definitely looking forward to this!

Wait, sounds like they showed the first trailer and not the new one?

So that Empire cover makes it seem like they've seen JW with the "hits it out of the park" line. I hope so and that's not just PR jerk-off-ery. I want this movie to be good so badly.

Razmos

20 mins of LEGO Jurassic World gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7HZcbskY7M

They only show footage from JP1 in there, though. Over 20 dinos and you can control them all!
Looks absolutely gorgeous. So much nostalgia and nice attention to detail.
I didn't know they got most of the main cast back to do voiceovers, I thought it would just be direct rips from the films. My hype for this game is through the roof.

There's even nice little touches like Ellie taking out a leaf and examining it, or Lex's mannerisms, which is just amazing.

The whole T-rex part was just.. hnghhh. I was smiling throughout that whole video.
And over 100 characters? I bet there's some real amazing ones in there.

Toa TAK

Banned
Haha, I didn't need to see the vid to be excited for Lego Jurassic World. I like the Lego games, and it's been awhile since I got one that focused on movies again.

I've only seen to where they started crossing the river and the mention of dynamic weather. Man, this looks way better than I thought it would.

And was that a subtle hint of Goldblum appearing in JW?

"Yes, Goldblum is in. You can't have a Jurassic Park without him." *Silence followed by a series of throat clears and stuttered speech*

I've only seen to where they started crossing the river and the mention of dynamic weather. Man, this looks way better than I thought it would.

And was that a subtle hint of Goldblum appearing in JW?

"Yes, Goldblum is in. You can't have a Jurassic Park without him." *Silence followed by a series of throat clears and stuttered speech*

Haha, I don't think so. I think he just means likeness rights (does that even apply with LEGO?) and/or rights to use dialogue from the movies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

I was just looking at gallo minus comparisons last night.
Thought this was interesting:

tumblr_nhtiswqiV61r78xioo1_400.png

Verger

Banned
This I-Rex could be super scary on screen if done right. The sound-mixers hopefully do a good job making him sound terrifying as well.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Don't like how long his claws are, especially the middle one, or the arm hairs. Overall pretty good otherwise. I like the croc mouth even if it is not indicative of the gigantisaurus/carnataurus heritage.

Don't like how long his claws are, especially the middle one, or the arm hairs. Overall pretty good otherwise. I like the croc mouth even if it is not indicative of the gigantisaurus/carnataurus heritage.

Those claws scare the shit out of me, so I'm down. In that clip when it's after Pratt I'm just like fuuuu

There are longer claws in dinoland. And this head is more gator like than croc, I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom