• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do mosquitoes even drink the blood of rotting animals?

Then there's the size of the Mosasaur. How often do animals the size of whales wash up on shore in modern day, surely they just get eaten by other sea animals before they have chance of washing up.

Amalthea

Banned
There seems to be only evidence of blood sucking insects from the late jurassic and early cretaceous period.

So some animals like Dimorphodon or Dilophosaurus might not even have anorganic blood traces in anorganic insect carcasses encased in anorganic tree sap.

I was scratching my head trying to figure out how they got aquatic dinosaur DNA and thought that melting icecaps could have released trapped dino corpses but there has been an update on Masrani website.

The Antarctic was only split off from South-America 62 million years ago, causing a full encirclement of the continent and acting as a heat-exchange barrier. Earth in general cooled down over this period though, perhaps rebalancing the fallout of the asteroid impact with different flows in the ocean and the return of complex ecosystems with increased biomass conversion.

To put it simple: the dinosaurs lived in a world without ice, during the period in which mammals truly evolved (60 million-present), ice has been a near constant.

That's kind of why global warming is a really, really big deal. But you'll never find a dino on ice either.

jurassic-world-toy-fair-01.jpg

The Indominus Rex toy.

Then there's the size of the Mosasaur. How often do animals the size of whales wash up on shore in modern day, surely they just get eaten by other sea animals before they have chance of washing up.

It's actually not too uncommon. Well, I wouldn't say it's common, but I'd say there is at least a few stories a year about washed up whale carcasses. It's common enough that they have protocol for "venting" the gases from the body, because otherwise they eventually explode and make a huge mess.

True enough, but even then, they designed one scary girl.

The "hair", spikes, arms, head. Everything screams: "SCREAM!"

For sure. Even from the trailer/teaser pics, its has a pretty gnarly mouth/teeth. Almost Peter Jackson's dinos.

Is it confirmed that it has shark-like teeth? Polygon reported that it had teeth that get "replaced" ala a shark but it's Polygon.

Toa TAK

Banned
For sure. Even from the trailer/teaser pics, its has a pretty gnarly mouth/teeth. Almost Peter Jackson's dinos.

Is it confirmed that it has shark-like teeth? Polygon reported that it had teeth that get "replaced" ala a shark but it's Polygon.

Polygon reports on films? I dunno.

But you're right about the Peter Jackson comparison. Those jaws are straight out of the V-Rex in King Kong.

Polygon reports on films? I dunno.

But you're right about the Peter Jackson comparison. Those jaws are straight out of the V-Rex in King Kong.

Yeah, they report on movies now, or at least share news. Their bit on the I-Rex: http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/30/7951253/jurassic-world-dinosaur-new

Actually, the source is the I-Rex page on the official site:

Indominus’ teeth are being constantly replaced—a genetic distinction common to all Theropods as well as nearly all sharks.

Didn't know that, but it doesn't sound QUITE like what's going on inside a shark's mouth.

-griffy-

Banned
It's actually not too uncommon. Well, I wouldn't say it's common, but I'd say there is at least a few stories a year about washed up whale carcasses. It's common enough that they have protocol for "venting" the gases from the body, because otherwise they eventually explode and make a huge mess.

Funnily enough, here is a story today of nearly 200 whales accidentally beaching themselves. If not for human intervention trying to save them, surely all of them would eventually die instead of only around 24 so far.

AzerPhire

I think that was supposed to be the Superbowl Trailer, right?

I honestly haven't been keeping a close eye on the marketing. That's what Demoncarnotaur is for. :p

I thought there was supposed to be a longer version? Like with Fast 7 there was the Superbowl version that was about 30 seconds long but then a longer 2:30 version that came out after.

Toa TAK

Banned
I thought there was supposed to be a longer version? Like with Fast 7 there was the Superbowl version that was about 30 seconds long but then a longer 2:30 version that came out after.

I figured as well, but I don't think that's the case, or else we should've seen it already.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Saw all of the Papos at Barnes and Noble. So good, yet so pricey.

How much were they? I've seen them on Amazon for around $15, although I think some have been raising in price over time.

I think the thing I dislike the most about the toy collection is the colour with so much yellow used. There was so much more variety in the old lines...

Toxi

Banned
Do mosquitoes even drink the blood of rotting animals?

It's already pretty common today for whales to wash up on shore in some areas like New Zealand, and it would be really common in the extremely shallow Tethys Seas where some large mosasaurs frequented.

Jaeger

Gonna drop $200 on these toys, easy. I'm such a JP toy stan. The Indominus Rex Breakout Lego Set is a done deal, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom