• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The place feels like a graveyard but I don't know know of any more popular JP fansites.

As for that, didn't the viral site say they got the moasaur DNA from a frozen carcass in Antarctica? How would that even happen? There were no ice caps during the reign of the dinosaurs.

7 new Dinosaurs added to http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/
The Pteranodon looks awful.

S9HGEvG.png

9NLWyt2.png

tuFaeaL.png

X2ZbtNy.png

ZZbiCVT.png

gy9EsQA.png

A0THjhE.png

It seems all but certain none (other than the flying reptiles) will appear in the movie, however I have my fingers crossed for Edmontosaurus and Microceratus.

Daaamn. What are the chances we get to see all these?

Trying to remember the last time we saw official renders/art for a dinosaur that wasn't in the movie. JP had Parasauropholus art, but they were in the wide vista shock with the Brachs in the beginning.

And yeah, I'm not a fan of either winged render.

SoldnerKei

All the predatory dinosaurs have sparse feathers on their arms and heads and nowhere else. WTF?

and they don't even look like feathers, it looks like hair lol

glad to see those dinos, but I wish their renders didn't look like a last gen videogame

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I hope we get to see more of a variety. I was so happy in Lost Workd to finally see more of the herd dinos. And Compys!

Gravidee

I don't think those renders are the same ones used in the actual movie. These are just for promotional purposes, meant to be put on fruit snack boxes, bedsheets and stickers. Still, I do think they could be better though.

I'm once again spending so much time getting lost in the incredible website.

Reading the reviews of the Overnight packages.

The guy complaining that the dinosaurs don't have feathers in his review.

Amalthea

Banned
So they put all this effort into the dinos that don't appear in the film but the ones that do are just gray, green or freaking white?

Ok.

So they put all this effort into the dinos that don't appear in the film but the ones that do are just gray, green or freaking white?

Ok.

I see your point, but the raptors are all different colors, the Rex is the same as the JP one so it's the same brownish, and the I-Rex...well...spoilers:
I'm 99.99% it changes color.

Colin Trevorrow on Omar Sy's role (translated from French)

I wrote the role especially for Omar, I'm a huge fan, I spent a lot of time in France, my wife is French. He has a bigger role than you think - he works for Chris Pratt and is also a Raptor tamer. When Chris, who's in charge, is done with training the Velociraptors, Omar brings them to their cage and takes care of them, checking their teeth, these kind of things. He has a very special relationship with them. There's a great scene with Vincent D'Onofrio when Omar speaks French to the Raptors and Vincent pretends to understand what he's saying. I have not tried to Americanize him - he is French and has a great action scene. Everything he does results in a close relationship with the Velociraptors.

I'm really interested to see how this pans out. The trailers have barely scratched the surface of the plot and cast.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really interested to see how this pans out. The trailers have barely scratched the surface of the plot and cast.

Don't worry, a bunch of people out there already have the preconceived notion on how dumb the movie is already just from the trailer :p But seriously, if we all based everything off a trailer, we'd probably miss some great movies.

I'm excited to see how this movie works out the dino relationships and everything in it. Should probably check to see if tickets are already pre-orderable. I want to go to a REAL Imax for it.

Don't worry, a bunch of people out there already have the preconceived notion on how dumb the movie is already just from the trailer :p But seriously, if we all based everything off a trailer, we'd probably miss some great movies.

Jesus' Son had the most shitty trailer in existence, and it was a flippin' fantastic film.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I thought that Paddington movie looked like another generic CG-based family movie, but apparently it got AMAZING reviews. Another movie ruined by a bad trailer, I guess.

In this case, I loved the JW trailer, but to each their own with that.

I bought the Papo T-Rex and Dimetrodon at Toys R Us yesterday as they have a buy one get one 40% off Papo this week. I love both of these figures. Thanks JP GAF for recommending them as they tower above anything coming out for JW in quality.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the Papo T-Rex and Dimetrodon at Toys R Us yesterday as they have a buy one get one 40% off Papo this week. I love both of these figures. Thanks JP GAF for recommending them as they tower above anything coming out for JW in quality.

TRU carries Papo?! I may need to stop by today, then. I thought they only had that Schimmel brand, which aren't bad, but not quite Papos.

Given he's an actor in the movie this isn't too surprising, but it's always fun to hear:

sdc9aEi.png

Yeah I'm enjoying the world building of imagining a place like Jurassic World exists, like how people just enjoy imagining Hogwarts exist. I don't really want to see the park go to shit and the dream die again!

I know, dammit. Maybe they will do some cool things at the Universal Parks to make it feel more like JW.

Jawmuncher

Given he's an actor in the movie this isn't too surprising, but it's always fun to hear:

sdc9aEi.png

I know, dammit. Maybe they will do some cool things at the Universal Parks to make it feel more like JW.

The whole Jurassic Park area at Universal is in dire need of an update.

The whole Jurassic Park area at Universal is in dire need of an update.

It kills me Kong took JP's expansion plot. I was lucky enough to see some of the concept art for old JP plans that never formulated, and it would have been amazing.

That said, JP is getting some new stuff.. just it's stuck within its plot now. So sadly, nothing huge, but hopefully still cool.

sdc9aEi.png

I trust him. I don't think many celebrities would go out of their way to do this outside of contractually obligated press campaigns.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty awesome how many changes CG can go through in it's final form. These trailers are all an example for it and how it's consistantly being worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom