• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

I'm becoming more and more hopeful:

XKumGoz.jpg

Didn't we already see Nedry's sign?

I'm hoping that at some point Owen will see some. You KNOW he's going into the old park because that's where IDR is going, you KNOW he's going to meet up with the original T-Rex, he's going to see the sign. I'm sure there will be dilos.

...at least in a deleted scene...

Didn't we already see Nedry's sign?

I'm hoping that at some point Owen will see some. You KNOW he's going into the old park because that's where IDR is going, you KNOW he's going to meet up with the original T-Rex, he's going to see the sign. I'm sure there will be dilos.

...at least in a deleted scene...

Original Rex is actually the one on exhibit according to jurassicworld.com. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Owen who encounters the Dilos and not the kids.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Lego line > Hasbro line. I really like the Lego dino designs! Well, I have the PS4 Lego Jurassic World game on pre-order so that should be fun :) I don't normally pre-order full priced games that inevitably go down about a year after, but in this case I will.

Calcium

Banned
Wow, the LEGO sets really make the Hasbro line look bad. How embarrassing for them. If I were a kid I'd be hounding my parents to get me those sets right about now.

bengraven

I wonder if that means vehicles in Lego JP The Game?

I'm actually excited for it!

That said, I still want an open world FPS with puzzles.

And I wouldn't mind an isometric game inspired by the NES/SNES games.

AND WE NEED OPERATION GENESIS 2.

Original Rex is actually the one on exhibit according to jurassicworld.com. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Owen who encounters the Dilos and not the kids.

Yeah, I remembered the blurb on the site right after I posted that. I wonder if that means we only get a few shots of her in the "tour" parts. I know someone involved was excited for the prospects of T-rex, like she had a bigger part, but I wonder. Maybe she does encounter the raptor pack. I'd love to see Owen on cycle running from rex. Maybe the raptors come back for him after running off and help stop the Rex from coming at him (blah, I say maybe but that would be horrible and is actually expected now that I think of it).

Do we know what the point of the kids are? I'm assuming that they survive the IndyRex attack, obviously, and get lost in the park. I suppose Indy is tracking them, that's why Owen rides off to stop her. By that time everyone should be bunkered up and safe, so only the kids being in danger may mean he rides out with the raptors.

Jaeger

Guess I'm the only one that doesn't care whether or not Wave 1 (because obviously more are coming) doesn't have humans in it? I have plenty of other humans to let all my dinos munch on.

obin_gam

Yeah, I remembered the blurb on the site right after I posted that. I wonder if that means we only get a few shots of her in the "tour" parts. I know someone involved was excited for the prospects of T-rex, like she had a bigger part, but I wonder. Maybe she does encounter the raptor pack. I'd love to see Owen on cycle running from rex. Maybe the raptors come back for him after running off and help stop the Rex from coming at him (blah, I say maybe but that would be horrible and is actually expected now that I think of it).

THe boss fight of the movie will most likely be the T-Rex vs. the I-Rex.
With the T-Rex being the winner, harking back to a comment by the filmmakers a couple of months ago hinting at the role of the original T-Rex in this movie.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I have noticed that a lot of modern Lego sets focus on vehicles rather than buildings, but a bit disappointed for instance the Rex rex isn't like a paddock or something, or a little main street set with the herbivores in the mix.

How baller would a petting zoo with baby trikes or a park vet with baby brachiosaurus be? They don't all have to be brink of disaster running from/shooting predator kits.

Amalthea

Banned
I have noticed that a lot of modern Lego sets focus on vehicles rather than buildings, but a bit disappointed for instance the Rex rex isn't like a paddock or something, or a little main street set with the herbivores in the mix.

How baller would a petting zoo with baby trikes or a park vet with baby brachiosaurus be? They don't all have to be brink of disaster running from/shooting predator kits.
Bu-bu-bu that would suggest that dinosaurs are normal animals and aren't only for boys.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Bu-bu-bu that would suggest that dinosaurs are normal animals and aren't only for boys.
:( :/

Edit: I mean the freaking veterinarian van has a laser canon on it.

Edit 2: oh cooler have some raptor names ,Blue and Delta. Wonder what kits the other Raptors come in?

antonz

Half wonder if that isn't the guy who bought my Jurassic Park toy collection. Person who bought it said it was for a Toy Museum but with a collection like that he's been busy.

Still have a few toys left like the Giant Utahraptor and such. Need to see if I can get my hands on a trailer reel for Jurassic World to complete my collection. Have Trailer Reels for Park, Lost World and 3.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I'm becoming more and more hopeful:

XKumGoz.jpg
Theco thing about that set is it seems to imply the the JP Dilo was a juvenile and there are adults out there
There are smaller (compy?) Lego shots so they could have made it smaller.

Or it could just be liberties with the toy lol *shrug*

Theco thing about that set is it seems to imply the the JP Dilo was a juvenile and there are adults out there
There are smaller (compy?) Lego shots so they could have made it smaller.

Or it could just be liberties with the toy lol *shrug*

I was thinking the same thing, actually. It would be cool to see a large dilophosaur.

How did you amass such a collection? I'd like to hear the story

When I was little I loved everything Godzilla(still do), and that naturally led to me liking anything dinosaur related. I can't remember exactly when I saw the first Jurassic Park, but I know it was The Lost World that actually got me into the toys/films, and is also why I love that movie regardless of its flaws. Ill try my best to put this all in order.

For Christmas in 97(I was 7) I asked for Jurassic Park toys, and I insisted on getting a T-Rex. I had always been jealous of my friend who lived next to us who had the T-Rex toy from the first film, so I wanted a T-Rex of my own. I ended up getting the Lost World Thrasher T-Rex, which I still have, and it became my favorite toy. My brother and I would continue to get Jurassic Park related things as presents, and I think my mom got us both the entire Jurassic Park Dinosaur line in 1999 (my mom's the best). We eventually made our own "Jurassic Park board" as we called it, which was basically a giant wooden board that we had used as a train board- we made it a diorama/play board for our dinos.

A few years after that, and the release of Jurassic Park 3, I discovered the site JPtoys.com. Through that site I developed an enjoyment for collecting Jurassic Park figures, I loved that there was other people out there interested in the same things as me. My mom and dad started taking me to flea markets/garage sales to find anything, which actually became quite difficult. During this time my brother and I also made our own websites for Jurassic Park (think it was on geocities or tripod) diorama based stories.

My collecting would go off and on every few years, and hasbro released a lot of repaints of Jurassic Park 3 stuff throughout the early 2000s- so it was not that exciting. It was not until 2009 that I really began collecting again, and being interested. My stuff had also been junked up in boxes for years (we had moved a few times), and I wanted to get it all onto shelves. So about 3 years ago my dad and I put up the setup you see in those pictures. I don't really collect as much right now, not just because I don't need more, but Jurassic Park stuff is pretty expensive and rare. When I'm out at flea markets and garage sales nowadays its non stop Star Wars and Ninja Turtles stuff with Jurassic Park toys few and far between. It does make it a bit more exciting to hunt for them I guess.

Anyway I think I have everything covered, sorry just kinda put all this together really quick- its late and I want to go to bed :) Ill be getting as much Jurassic World stuff as I can, especially those Lego sets- if I can afford it, broke college student etc...

Also a side note, I now have 4 of those T-Rexes that I was jealous of my neighbor having when I was younger, including one in its box. So HA! Take that!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Decent look at the Raptor squad:

DHyoXQZh.jpg
If it were socially acceptable I would rock that. I will settle for getting it for my son and living vicariously through his coolness.

So there are four raptors? I thought there were 5 for some reason. Confirmed names Blue and Delta, so my guess the other two start with an A and a C.

Is that lunch bag sparkling?
with spectacularness. Or glitter.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So there are four raptors? I thought there were 5 for some reason. Confirmed names Blue and Delta, so my guess the other two start with an A and a C.

I saw some packaging somewhere in this thread for the toys that had "Alpha" and "Charlie" listed for the other two. Heh, Charlie the dinosaur...

Calcium

Banned
I saw some packaging somewhere in this thread for the toys that had "Alpha" and "Charlie" listed for the other two. Heh, Charlie the dinosaur...

Alpha, Blue, Charlie and Delta? Huh, I wonder why they went with Blue instead of Beta.

Are these the first Jurassic Park Lego sets? I remember this Indiana Jones ripoff proprietary sets with dinosaurs years and years ago as well as those build-a-dino Bionicle like sets, but not Jurassic Park.

Also, wow I remember those Chaos Effect sets. What was the story behind them anyway? The rumors I heard as a kid was that they were from the next movie after JP3.

I actually stopped asking for JP toys after I got a few of the JP3 ones for Christmas. I hated the battle damage. I remember even trying to fix some with clay and paint.

Calcium

Banned
Actually it's Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo.

I think he avoided naming one Alpha because he theoretically plays that role.

Ah, ok. Still though, he considers himself Alpha and skips over Beta in favor of Blue then continues the naming convention with the other three. Odd choice.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Blue is probably still Bravo, he just nicknamed her because of the color.

What if Ol' Blue has an Ol'Yeller :(

Demon, do you post on JPLegacy?

I signed up for that site years ago but I've rarely posted since the community seems so insular.

I don't know if this is a new thing but the Jurassic World website is set up as a My Disney Experience type of app. They even have Mr. DNA there.

Ok, cool stuff. Check out this new viral video!

The viral site also saw another update, hinting again at Ice Age animals:

InGen Technologies temporarily closed down two of its mines in Argentina to focus on its Martel expedition in Siberia, a move that has so far yielded an abundance of highly preserved carcasses. Despite the exciting finds, Dr. Henry Wu has held back on speculating whether Jurassic World might be including recreated assets from the Cenozoic Era. "Right now we are focused on the construction of the world's most complete genomic library", Dr. Wu reiterated. "But if the world tells us that's what they want to see, we're more than prepared."

I think there is more to the Siberia stuff than just digging for frozen corpses, but I wouldn't be surprised if a future movie features something Pleistocene.

Demon, do you post on JPLegacy?

I signed up for that site years ago but I've rarely posted since the community seems so insular.

Yes, but rarely.. I mainly stick to Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom