• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, I HOPE that Best Buy footage doesn't become widespread. They've done an amazing job hiding that aspect of the I-Rex. That scene looks nuts.

(I totally caved and watched it)

"What're their names?"
*shows Blue* "Here, Charlie", *shows Blue again* "Here's Delta", *shows Blue once more* "and this one's called Blue" *nailed it*

lol

Love how they use the one with THE most distinctive pattern (I guess Charlie stands out, too) in each shot.

Bernbaum

The film might be great, or average, or crap, but I can't remember the last time I've been looking forward to something as much as this.

In the last few weeks, I've read the books, watched a bunch of old making of clips for Jurassic Park, hell - I've even watched the Lost World.

The film might be great, or average, or crap, but I can't remember the last time I've been looking forward to something as much as this.

In the last few weeks, I've read the books, watched a bunch of old making of clips for Jurassic Park, hell - I've even watched the Lost World.
Hey now. TLW does better for dinos than JW's own toy line. I can never tire of seeing some of the best looking dinos in film despite the actual film losing its hold on me.

But "not-Blue" raptors are a disgrace.

Edit: can someone PLEASE edit that raptor video to him only saying Blue?

Tiny bit more of the Best Buy footage, no spoilers: https://instagram.com/p/3XGWFFNAtF/

Love how he masks his smell. I had been curious about that, since it was obvious the I-Rex would have smelled him.

This posted yet? Early Buzz: Is ‘Jurassic World’ Finally a Worthy Sequel to ‘Jurassic Park’?

In addition, we received an e-mail from Twitter user and Jurassic Park fan @ChrisLikesDinos who gives us a secondhand reaction from some of this friends who attended the premiere in Paris. Out of the four friends he speaks of, three of them loved it. The fourth one, who wasn’t a fan of anything regarding this project since it was announced, hated it. Do with that information what you will. Chris says:

“From what I understand, the movie certainly is very action heavy after the first 45min (for better or worse) but has a ton of charm, and is incredibly well put together. There aren’t any major surprises for those who followed the production closely, but again, 3 out of the 4 praised it as the best JP sequel by far.

I also occasionally chat with someone who does reviews/articles for [redacted] – that person dropped me an email out of nowhere saying the film was “very good”, so that’s a plus!”

Another reader who runs the @JurassicQuotes Twitter sent this our way too:

I’ve heard good things on Twitter from the premiere in Paris. Although, one of my friends roommate got a chance to view the movie a few days ago. He said it was on par with JP3.

Blablurn

He said it was on par with JP3.

FP74Dsv.jpg

Still betting on it being fresh.

If it's fresh it's going to be like 60%.

It's also probably not a good idea to dwell on the RT score, unless it's overwhelmingly negative or overwhelmingly positive. I find that middle ground reviews are really subjective. I usually gauge it something like this:

80-100%: probably great
60-79%: probably good if not great based on your tastes
40-59%: slightly worrisome
20-39%: okay it probably sucks
0-19%: an Uwe Boll production

edit: OH GOD YES MORE SOUNDTRACK OUTTA NOWHERE

But then again, I seem like I am the only one who dislikes this disaster of a movie here in this topic.

I mean, it makes sense. You're convinced it's a disaster yet there's been what like maybe 2-3 people who didn't like it out of these impressions while the rest seem very positive, so naturally you latch on to the one you think you'll agree with. That's fair to you I guess, but I feel sorry for people with their minds made up. That must really suck.

This is actually the first time in my whole live that I hear people speaking positv about JP3.
Its really kinda suprising and I am dead serious while posting this.
Because after years of dust settling, it's easy to find a decent film in there in comparison to The Lost World which had the opposite effect on me.

....oh my god. That theme in World Turns in Nine to Survival Job is like

I don't know. Difficulty finishing statement.

From there, the score was theirs to make their own. “He wanted a theme for the film that had soul, that felt reflective, that felt emotional,” Giacchino says of Trevorrow’s vision, which eventually resulted in a new theme for Jurassic World and for the family, among others. “It didn’t need to be bombastic, it didn’t need to be this huge thing. But he just wanted to feel something, something that could be very simple because we all knew that when the dinosaurs start going crazy we’re going to have plenty of room to go nuts with crazy action music.”

God bless these people. This new theme is incredible.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Who here is being positive about JP3? I'm pretty sure the consensus around here is that it's not a worthy sequel.
There was a discussion here a couple of days ago and people said that JP 3 is better than Lost World - which was mostly agreed to. Was a little bit suprised then, too.

I mean, it makes sense. You're convinced it's a disaster yet there's been what like maybe 2-3 people who didn't like it out of these impressions while the rest seem very positive, so naturally you latch on to the one you think you'll agree with. That's fair to you I guess, but I feel sorry for people with their minds made up. That must really suck.
Eh, no reason to jump into defence mode for your favourite upcoming movie (nothing wrong with this, I do the same with Marvel movies), but I just dont understand why beeing "on par with JP3" is now something that is positiv and that should make me excited for Jurassic World.
It wasnt meant offensive, but since the Fry.jpg was already posted...

While saying this, I am excited as hell for JW and I think it will be a far better Sequel.

Calcium

Banned
Track number 16....
Our Rex Is Bigger Than Yours.
Hell yeah!

There was a discussion here a couple of days ago and people said that JP 3 is better than Lost World - which was mostly agreed to. Was a little bit suprised then, too.

JP3 could very well be better than The Lost World, but that wouldn't necessarily make it a good movie. Saying something is better than The Lost World is hardly a compliment.

While saying this, I am excited as hell for JW and I think it will be a far better Sequel.

You just said it was a disaster, man. Haha.

This is actually the first time in my whole live that I hear people speaking positv about JP3.
Its really kinda suprising and I am dead serious while posting this.

Sorry, who here has said this? It was probably as recently as the last page or two where we talked about how crummy TLW and JP3 were.

Eh, no reason to jump into defence mode for your favourite upcoming movie (nothing wrong with this, I do the same with Marvel movies), but I just dont understand why beeing "on par with JP3" is now something that is positiv and that should make me excited for Jurassic World.

Didn't mean to come off that way. Also not sure that it was meant to imply something positive about it being on par with JP3.

Track number 16....
Our Rex Is Bigger Than Yours.
Hell yeah!

JP3 could very well be better than The Lost World, but that wouldn't necessarily make it a good movie. Saying something is better than The Lost World is hardly a compliment.

You just said it was a disaster, man. Haha.
He said JP3 was a disaster.

Calcium

Banned
These two new tracks were somehow just as good as World Turns. If the entire score is this pleasing and memorable I will personally consider this to be Giacchino's masterpiece even though it's not attached to a Pixar movie.

I already think Giacchino knocked it out of the park. There is no way the other tracks aren't on the same level. This dude knows what he is doing and has completely honored John Williams and the franchise.

Two tracks sound great, so far.

It wasnt meant offensive, but since the Fry.jpg was already posted...

Well, I mean:

.@colintrevorrow has hit a grand slam.

Last 20 minutes of the movie are cinematic bliss.

The movie is amazing ! beyond everything. Thx :)

JURASSIC WORLD is great & fun !!!

#JurassicWorld Nailed It!

a more than worthy sequel ������ back to My childhood

definitely just behind the 1st one

“From what I understand, the movie certainly is very action heavy after the first 45min (for better or worse) but has a ton of charm, and is incredibly well put together. There aren’t any major surprises for those who followed the production closely, but again, 3 out of the 4 praised it as the best JP sequel by far.

I’ve heard good things on Twitter from the premiere in Paris. Although, one of my friends roommate got a chance to view the movie a few days ago. He said it was on par with JP3.

The JP3 comment is just one of many.

I already think Giacchino knocked it out of the park. There is no way the other tracks aren't on the same level. This dude knows what he is doing and has completely honored John Williams and the franchise.

He's doing exactly what he does when he does scores for films with pre-existing themes. He doesn't just ape them or lean on them for support. He works them into his own stuff, which keeps it original yet reflective. This is why I was pulling for him to score this since day one, so fucking vindication mother fuckers.

I love the new theme.

I loved it when I heard it in Jurassic World Turns, but didn't know it was going to be the new theme of the movie. Hearing it in other, more sweeping representations in other tracks as well as Trevorrow insisting that the movie have its own new memorable theme with soul tells me that they're on the page they need to be.

Also if you pay attention the last three notes of the new theme is part of one of the original themes, it doesn't really have a designation as John did two main themes for the original, but it's the slower "holy shit dinosaurs" theme. This way Giacchino can weave it in and out of that original theme.

Toa TAK

Banned
I loved it when I heard it in Jurassic World Turns, but didn't know it was going to be the new theme of the movie. Hearing it in other, more sweeping representations in other tracks as well as Trevorrow insisting that the movie have its own new memorable theme with soul tells me that they're on the page they need to be.

Also if you pay attention the last three notes of the new theme is part of one of the original themes, it doesn't really have a designation as John did two main themes for the original, but it's the slower "holy shit dinosaurs" theme. This way Giacchino can weave it in and out of that original theme.

My thoughts exactly. Unless, "As the Jurassic World Turns" is it, I'm hoping the new theme has its own track, like Williams did for JP and TLW.

I really want this movie to be good. :( We've been waiting for years.

My thoughts exactly. Unless, "As the Jurassic World Turns" is it, I'm hoping the new theme has its own track, like Williams did for JP and TLW.

That's probably it but I expect it throughout the score as well. That sounds like the dedicated track though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom