• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
They finally had one of the newer trailers at my cinema when we watched Mad Max last night.

Having watched some of the spots to death, the visuals are so much more realistic on the big screen. The glass panels of the aviary appear fake on my laptop screen, but that scene with the helicopter crashing looks so much more realistic in cinemas.

My genetically removed feathers are getting a little too ruffled in that other thread. I look forward and am usually intrigued by most trailers, whether I plan on seeing the film or not. I just don't understand such negativity.

The internet, I guess. I should keep tabs and see who there starts defending their favorite movies or games that start getting negative previews.

Calcium

Banned
My genetically removed feathers are getting a little too ruffled in that other thread. I look forward and am usually intrigued by most trailers, whether I plan on seeing the film or not. I just don't understand such negativity.

The internet, I guess. I should keep tabs and see who there starts defending their favorite movies or games that start getting negative previews.

I just completely avoid any Jurassic World threads that aren't this one. Gonna be hard to look at the OT too.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I just completely avoid any Jurassic World threads that aren't this one. Gonna be hard to look at the OT too.

But didn't you guys hear how much it sucks souch? Ya know cause some guy on Twitter said so!

I'll have to ignore OT until I watch it. I've clicked enough spoiler bars as it is :x The recent one I shouldn't have...

Bernbaum

I wonder if there will be legit shots of dinos eating people. Like the Rex couple eating that guy in TLW or the lawyer guy getting eaten.

From what I hear, the deaths are mostly off-camera, obscured or suggested. The goriest scene is apparently a guy getting
impaled by a pteranodon's beak

Toa TAK

Banned

But didn't you guys hear how much it sucks souch? Ya know cause some guy on Twitter said so!

I'll have to ignore OT until I watch it. I've clicked enough spoiler bars as it is :x The recent one I shouldn't have...
Nah, you're gonna wanna see the OT at least.

Bernbaum

Admission of just how subjective I am with this: The film could be garbage and I'd still enjoy it. In the simplest terms, I was just hoping for a JP film better than TLW and JP3. Everything seen and heard thus far is indicating that we'll get at least that.

What I really wanted in a JP sequel, was something that explored the original concepts of man trying to control nature, and some dinosaur action. I'll admit that some of the CGI didn't wow me straight away, but I just don't give a shit about how polished effects. I was a bit bored by the end of A:AoU, and the effects in that were well done.

I watched Mad Max Fury Road last night and enjoyed every second of it, but watching clips and reviews of it today I noticed a few effects here and there that looked a bit off. It's a fantastic film regardless.

As for the non-CGI complaints levelled at the film, they seem to boil down to: no feathers is dumb; concept of I. Rex is dumb; trained raptors is dumb; action-oriented JP film is dumb. I won't re-iterate here, but previously in this thread I think I've voiced that the I. Rex, both in concept and in execution, is very much consistent with the themes of the first film and the two books. I'm also glad they're doing something new with the raptors, becauseif they'd just made them bogeymen like in the previous three films, it would just be re-treading old ground.

Every time something I've been looking forward to about this much is about to come out I get sick. My immune system can't handle the hype.

I've been thinking of that raptor through window scene. I... don't think it's attacking. Something about her face makes me think she was fleeing from maybe I-Rex?

Unless she's just hurt and flailing about, because I don't see aggression in her snaps.

Or maybe it's just "bad cg™"

I've been thinking of that raptor through window scene. I... don't think it's attacking. Something about her face makes me think she was fleeing from maybe I-Rex?

Unless she's just hurt and flailing about, because I don't see aggression in her snaps.

Or maybe it's just "bad cg™"

Yeah, you might be right actually. Looks like it's trying to get out more than anything.

Listening to the sample soundtrack on iTunes. Sounds like Giacchino's done a good job.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, you're gonna wanna see the OT at least.

Oh trust me, I'll read through all of it once I've seen it. I just don't want any more spoilz at this point. I really hope we can serve some crow on silver platters, though. Might take some pride swallowing to get them down though.

Jawmuncher

Anyone have ideas for titles for the Lego Jurassic World OT?

Only one of the top of my head it "That is one big pile of bricks"

Oh trust me, I'll read through all of it once I've seen it. I just don't want any more spoilz at this point. I really hope we can serve some crow on silver platters, though. Might take some pride swallowing to get them down though.

I'm personally not interested in told you so's but I hope people like it. If it's arguably great I'm not going to rub it in or anything and I do think more people are excited about it now compared to November.

Anyone have ideas for titles for the Lego Jurassic World OT?

Only one of the top of my head it "That is one big pile of bricks"

The Building Blocks of Life

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm personally not interested in told you so's but I hope people like it. If it's arguably great I'm not going to rub it in or anything and I do think more people are excited about it now compared to November.

Yeah, better trailer and tv spots ended up coming out, SOME people realize that CG actually gets better in trailers as time goes by, too.

Oh, looks like Buzzfeed made a lame bit -_- Not even trying, but it IS Buzzfeed after all.

Yeah, better trailer and tv spots ended up coming out, SOME people realize that CG actually gets better in trailers as time goes by, too.

Oh, looks like Buzzfeed made a lame bit -_- Not even trying, but it IS Buzzfeed after all.
That made me cringe. I couldn't get through it. Is it sattire? It's the exact archetype I've portrayed in these threads... but it's a real thing there.

Edit: I did it, I closed the tab for that final trailer thread. I wasn't making myself look good and getting venomous over pop culture venom isn't productive.

Calcium

Banned
Edit: I did it, I closed the tab for that final trailer thread. I wasn't making myself look good and getting venomous over pop culture venom isn't productive.

Good for you, man. You are never going to convince them to see reason, no point in trying. Jurassic World has inferior CG to a movie that came out decades ago and it is the worst movie ever made. Gotta love it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Not to be that guy but:
*irex busts out of trees* kids look back*
"Oh crap"
*kids run to waterfall look back*
*irex busts out of trees again*

Not to be that guy but:
"Oh crap"

Still haven't watched it (very proud of myself) but these "scenes" are likely still chopped up versions of what's in the movie.

Jawmuncher

You guys might know, since I can't seem to find any info.
I recall long ago there was a Jurassic Park site that had some games on it. One was a maze where you escaped from a raptor and the the other was park building I think? They were both in flash or shockwave. I know that's pretty weak to go off of, but it's all I remember. Just wanted to see if anyone else does.

TasTokyo

Not to be that guy but:
"Oh crap"

It doesn't look like it busts out of the trees twice. The first time yes. However, when the kids are running you can see there is a tree on the left side of the screen. I think it's just brushing past that and the actual trees it came out of are the ones behind it.

It does seem like perspective is maybe messed up a bit, but I don't think it's a continuity error.

Bernbaum

I'm not watching any of the new clips- I'll be seeing the movie soon enough.

Yeah I'm done. I watched the final final trailer and apart from a shot of the pig, everything else in the clip was familiar stuff.

I entered a competition to go to the state premiere. It gets my bum in a cinema 24 hours earlier than the session I've purchased tickets for. Results tomorrow!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
It doesn't look like it busts out of the trees twice. The first time yes. However, when the kids are running you can see there is a tree on the left side of the screen. I think it's just brushing past that and the actual trees it came out of are the ones behind it.

It does seem like perspective is maybe messed up a bit, but I don't think it's a continuity error.
No I do t think it's a continuity error. Just funky editing.

Superflat

Another Jurassic World review

2/5

Did he just compare this to The Amazing Spider Man 2 at the end???

If it ends up being like Amazing Spiderman 2, it will be truly tragic.

edit: Read the whole review. It certainly didn't express why the film wasn't good. Rather, there was more weird praise than actual criticism.

It almost read like: "The movie is dumb. It has effectively cool dinosaur action and a incredibly hype last act. Hated it though." The review is just as cryptic as the trailers. All over the place, and fails to give me a concise impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom