• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The thing that will kill the camo for me is if it is like invisibility.

I don't want the predator, I want a chameleon with the speed of change of a cuttle fish. Hell I won't mind some cuttle fish animated color change either (the can do moving ripples that looks like light refracting through waves)

Superflat

The thing that will kill the camo for me is if it is like invisibility.

I don't want the predator, I want a chameleon with the speed of change of a cuttle fish. Hell I won't mind some cuttle fish animated color change either (the can do moving ripples that looks like light refracting through waves)

If it's some Harry Potter invisibility cloak type shit, I'll be really disappointed.

Cuttlefish can change their skin pigment AND texture, both of which I imagine could conceal the I-Rex really well, especially if it can change its texture; but considering how it looks like it has scaly hardened armor-like skin, maybe not :U

So I caved and got my son some JW toys. The basic Rexy, the I-Rex with gyrosphere and the diecast jeep. He's having fun with them.

If I had JW toys and kids in front of me, I'd be playing the hell out of those dinos right now lol

I call Blue

If it's some Harry Potter invisibility cloak type shit, I'll be really disappointed.

Cuttlefish can change their skin pigment AND texture, both of which I imagine could conceal the I-Rex really well, especially if it can change its texture; but considering how it looks like it has scaly hardened armor-like skin, maybe not :U

If I had JW toys and kids in front of me, I'd be playing the hell out of those dinos right now lol

I call Blue
Maybe I don't know my octopodes all that well but is that not an octopus fleeing in that video?

Something that is killing my OCD is I wish they made dinosaur sets to scale with one another. Everything is usually around the same size for obvious pricing and consistency reasons but come on, man. Luckily, I have a set of small dinos from the Walking with Dinosaurs movie which has two (feathered) raptors that are about the right scale with the jeep and rexes.

Superflat

Maybe I don't know my octopodes all that well but is that not an octopus fleeing in that video?

Something that is killing my OCD is I wish they made dinosaur sets to scale with one another. Everything is usually around the same size for obvious pricing and consistency reasons but come on, man. Luckily, I have a set of small dinos from the Walking with Dinosaurs movie which has two (feathered) raptors that are about the right scale with the jeep and rexes.

I just picked a random video from search lol. Comments seem to agree it's a octopus; the abilities are pretty damn similar though

It would be pretty great to have the toys be at least somewhat in scale with each other. I've always wanted a huge T-Rex to wreck my toy jeeps with.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high but my friend who got us into Insidious 3 last night may be able to get us into a Tuesday screening for this. We'll find out within the next day or so.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high but my friend who got us into Insidious 3 last night may be able to get us into a Tuesday screening for this. We'll find out within the next day or so.

fighting for this movie on OT for as long as I can remember, you deserve it. haha.

fighting for this movie on OT for as long as I can remember, you deserve it. haha.

If I go, I wont bother sharing my thoughts because it would be a first impression and those don't count. Nobody would take me seriously anyway unless I shat on it from a great height.

Toa TAK

Banned
If I go, I wont bother sharing my thoughts because it would be a first impression and those don't count. Nobody would take me seriously anyway unless I shat on it from a great height.
LOL

you can at least post yer thoughts with us. We are mostly friends here. Kinda.

Dead

well not really...yet
Jesus, it's like a pure horror movie

Shoulda been playing it in theaters in front of R rated movies lol

Waldini

Soooooooooooooooo...

Apparently there is more then 1 T-Rex in the park. They are keeping "Rexy" contained elsewhere because she is to dangerous to interact with humans.

Can't fucking wait to see this movie. My friend is going to see this movie tommorow in Amsterdam.

Uh oh.
Is that Blue crashing in at the end? Looked like it had something strapped to its head. Yikes.

Yes it's blue, has a camera attached to her head.

If you want to know why she is attacking, this isn't confirmed but is almost certain to happen
There is a scene in an earlier trailer where Owen and the other guy say "Somethings wrong....they're communicating", my feeling is that raptor squad runs into the native raptors living in the restricted zone near the old visitors centre and they start communicating and then turn on Owen.

Timu

Soooooooooooooooo...

Apparently there is more then 1 T-Rex in the park. They are keeping "Rexy" contained elsewhere because she is to dangerous to interact with humans.

Can't fucking wait to see this movie. My friend is going to see this movie tommorow in Amsterdam.
I hope your friend enjoys it...and he's very lucky BTW.

Waldini

I hope your friend enjoys it...and he's very lucky BTW.

Heh ... 12 years ago he was angry because I saw Terminator 3 two weeks before it premiered. Was in the Amsterdam Pathe cinema as well. Was weird seeing all sorts of press related people writing down stuff on paper during the movie.

I'll probally see this in a week. Can't wait. Everything looks like a Jurassic Park movie to me.

Rootbeer

Banned
Only 7 more days.... yessssssssss :3

I have the LEGO Jurassic World game pre-ordered as well. Gamestop is right next to the theater. Going to see the film, pick up my game (and pre-order bonus) then go home and play the hell out of it.

Waldini

I've been playing the Jurassic World iOS game since it was released. Love it. I always loved micro-managing games. Only downside is that you have to wait for such a "long" time to get DNA. There's no other way of obtaining it.

Objective : Have a T-Rex of level 11 and higher.

Sure! O ... wait. I've got 300 DNA. T-Rex is 3000+. Well, lets sell some dinosaurs.

Objective : Have 20 dinosaurs of level 31 or above.

For fucks sake! I just SOLD them all.

Such a "shame" my son is 1,5 years old. O well. When he's old enough he will get my JP collection. Need to find a replacement battery for that JP1 T-Rex though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Only 7 more days.... yessssssssss :3

I have the LEGO Jurassic World game pre-ordered as well. Gamestop is right next to the theater. Going to see the film, pick up my game (and pre-order bonus) then go home and play the hell out of it.

I just saw the pre-order bonus and I'm surprised with that! I'll have to go early to pick it up to get that goodies, since I doubt they will have many (same with J-Stars Victory and its bonus, out the same day). Although, why the Gallimimus has razor teeth is interesting. Well, it is Lego, so I guess making the comb-teeth would've been tough.

Waldini

That's what I suspected. With
T-Rex dying last
for emotional effect.

Which sucks.

I can handle I-Rex being stronger than most dinosaurs on the Island. Kinda hoped Rexy would've survived and got the chance to roam freely again. Would've loved a shot where you see Rexy go down and have a later shot show the corpse of the I-Rex with the "corpse" of Rexy missing. O well. Don't know how I feel about that one.

However ... that being said. There's alot of conflicting reports. This "Lavernus" guy on IMDB hasn't spoiled anything and "spoils" parts we already know about. I don't have an IMDB account but I'd send this guy a PM if I could. He also refuses to spoil certain questions PM'ed to him ...

Which sucks.

I can handle I-Rex being stronger than most dinosaurs on the Island. Kinda hoped Rexy would've survived and got the chance to roam freely again. Would've loved a shot where you see Rexy go down and have a later shot show the corpse of the I-Rex with the "corpse" of Rexy missing. O well. Don't know how I feel about that one.

Younger boy: "When is Rexy coming back?"
Owen: "Rexy... is sick. So she went on a trip to get better."
YB: "We're not going with her?"
O: "No. She needs to be alone."
YB: "I wonder if I'll ever see her again."
O: "Rexy... had a hard life. She needs some time to rest."
Older boy: "CaptainAmericareference.gif"

Waldini

Younger boy: "When is Rexy coming back?"
Owen: "Rexy... is sick. So she went on a trip to get better."
YB: "We're not going with her?"
O: "No. She needs to be alone."
YB:"I wonder if I'll ever see her again."
O: "Rexy... had a hard life. She needs some time to rest."

Did you just ... just made that up? Cause with all these so called reviews flying around I'm currently in such an emotional state that I'll believe anything.

Did you just ... just made that up? Cause with all these so called reviews flying around I'm currently in such an emotional state that I'll believe anything.
I just watched it on YouTube. The next scene is where it gets cray.

MGS4 spoiler-
those were quotes from MGS4's ending

bengraven

Heard something interesting on Reddit.

The T-rex killed by the Spino in JP3 was probably the baby from LW.

I read that both Rexy and Indominus die battling each other

Makes sense. It's Stephen's baby, his hero character. If he's "passing on the torch", it makes sense to say goodbye.

Simon Curtis finally has the first believable impression of the movie. His tweets read valid and reasonable, especially the "worst movie of all time" comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom