• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
I've been playing the Jurassic World iOS game since it was released. Love it. I always loved micro-managing games. Only downside is that you have to wait for such a "long" time to get DNA. There's no other way of obtaining it.

Objective : Have a T-Rex of level 11 and higher.

Sure! O ... wait. I've got 300 DNA. T-Rex is 3000+. Well, lets sell some dinosaurs.

Objective : Have 20 dinosaurs of level 31 or above.

For fucks sake! I just SOLD them all.

Such a "shame" my son is 1,5 years old. O well. When he's old enough he will get my JP collection. Need to find a replacement battery for that JP1 T-Rex though.

Dude what level are you? I'm scared because THAT'S what I have to look forward to? D:
I'm only 14 right now.

when the movie comes out, does a new spoiler thread get made or does this one come back out of community?

If I go, I wont bother sharing my thoughts because it would be a first impression and those don't count. Nobody would take me seriously anyway unless I shat on it from a great height.

no, no, you share those thoughts. and tell me everything you saw... with spoiler tags, i guess.

Calcium

Banned
Simon Curtis finally has the first believable impression of the movie. His tweets read valid and reasonable, especially the "worst movie of all time" comment.

giphy.gif

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw the pre-order bonus and I'm surprised with that! I'll have to go early to pick it up to get that goodies, since I doubt they will have many (same with J-Stars Victory and its bonus, out the same day). Although, why the Gallimimus has razor teeth is interesting. Well, it is Lego, so I guess making the comb-teeth would've been tough.
Think that was originally a compy or other Dino re skinned as a "galimimus"

The don't have sharp teeth or eat meat. :/

Edit: yeah pretty sure that is the raptor Coelophysis model from Dino's before Jurassic World license. Has oversized toe claw.
http://thebricklife.com/lego-dino-set-guide-news-and-reviews/

Jawmuncher

Jurassic Park and Universal Continues to disappoint.
CGv_45nWoAAwpa4.jpg

I remember a few years ago when I was finally able to for the first time get on Jurassic Park the ride. I don't think I have ever been so disappointed in my life. I got off the ride feeling empty. Really wish that whole area spared no expense.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Meanwhile, over at Walking with Dinosaurs:

tn-500_wwd_071714_032w.jpg.pagespeed.ce.Zbu6i963WE.jpg
Saw this with my son in January, It was really good. Even the trex had feathers (and raptors and a few others), and they mentioned new theories and discoveries.
The actors in the suits are really good as well, believable movements.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this with my son in January, It was really good. Even the trex had feathers (and raptors and a few others), and they mentioned new theories and discoveries.
The actors in the suits are really good as well, believable movements.

I went with my SO (no kids) and was great! Felt too short though (kid attention spans I guess) and the robotics used was great! Crazy how they put it together.

I have no idea who Simon Curtis is, but I wouldn't be surprised if studios avoid letting him into advanced screenings in the future. Embargoes exist, don't break them... especially like that. :lol

Anyways, I'm basically hearing positive buzz all around... More people are seeing it today, so expect more reactions.

Jawmuncher

Basically. His tweets sound like someone from pop-GAF.
423fvxes.gif

Was this TV Spot Posted? Really like it.
"Who's the Alpha?"

https://twitter.com/JurassicPark/status/606901819839619072

It's funny how I went from the idea of "tame" raptors not being very cool, to absolutely loving the idea. It really does make sense, considering the intelligence they have in the JP universe.
Plus them basically be attack dogs is a good way to go about it. Not like were seeing him playing with them.

Not looking at anymore spoils, thank fuck Anton's spoiler didn't show anything though, I hovered over it but even if it did have the details it woulda been my fault. Only one more week though, gonna rush on over to the cinema around 4pm after I finish up for the day.

You guys watching the original JP special on NBC tonight? It's funny how it's first broadcast was exactly 20 years and a month ago (according to wikipedia). My first viewing of many.

bengraven

God, the wait for the JP VHS was so painful. It felt like a year.

Also, I love how the only "realistic" criticism is that the movie is shit.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Speculation based on Lego sets, since a lot of them seem to directly reference movie scenes.
Masrani dies in the helicopter explosion in the aviary. Both the Lego set and the iOS game feature him flying a helicopter

Jawmuncher

The last Pratt scene was funny.
"Me and Bruce Dallas Howard will get 98% of the credit from Jurassic world" 2% for the special effects and direction. My fake headset is telling me that's not true.

Watch JP on NBC makes me want more toys. Think I'm going to get the big Irex and Mercedes Benz RC car

The Mercedes Benz RC is sweet, love that it charges via USB instead of AA batteries like the Jeep Wrangler RC. The I-Rex is cool too (probably best in the line), just wish it could stand on its own better.

Jawmuncher

The Mercedes Benz RC is sweet, love that it charges via USB instead of AA batteries like the Jeep Wrangler RC. The I-Rex is cool too (probably best in the line), just wish it could stand on its own better.

Didn't know about the USB charger so bought tomorrow. Also the Irex Big toy is the closest to something from the original line. It's been the one I've been eyeing most.

Still love how "shit" is censored on NBC but ripped off bloody limbs and a lawyer getting eaten while sitting on the toilet is cool.
I understand the argument, but kids can handle blood and guts just fine. Sure, same can be said about curse words and boobs, but it's far easier for a kid to develop a habit of sneaking in a "shit" or "fuck" at inappropriate times than, say, hacking off their dog's limbs.

Bernbaum

They finally had one of the newer trailers at my cinema when we watched Mad Max last night.

Having watched some of the spots to death, the visuals are so much more realistic on the big screen. The glass panels of the aviary appear fake on my laptop screen, but that scene with the helicopter crashing looks so much more realistic in cinemas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom