• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 |OT| Procedural Chaos

napalmjam

I just cannot enjoy this game =( so much annoying shit going on in game I was hoping this was going to be as much fun as mad max but it's easily one of The worst games I've purchased this year. Can you disable the annoying as Fuck scoreboard from spamming ?

Actually I am being a bit too harsh it's not the worst game I've purchased this year I am just upset with it .

I'm having a blast with this game so far. After Fallout 4's seriousness, I was looking for something like this, and it doesn't disappoint in the slightest. Also, I'm playing it on PC and it's a solid 60fps. Really happy with the game and the performance.

Its been downloading on my PS4 since 12PM (5:30 as I write this) and it only 30% done. God damnit.

If it's the samething that I ran into last night. You got the 35GB download, then the application data install of 45.511GB. That took around 4 hours for me. I figure it's the install of the game.

I cleared one of the bases, then decided to do a heli challenge. It took about 4 minutes for that to load. I figure the game re-loads the destroyable objects back into the base (Baia-Vis Electra) for the challenge. Finishing the challenge and loading back out to the game world was quicker, maybe 20 seconds at most. I wonder if the devs didn't do a "specific area" re-load on objects and made it world wide. That would cause a long load time.

If you guys are curious on the voice actor for the Propaganda Minister. It's
David Tennant
:)

brau

01justcausebug.jpg

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/12/01/just-cause-3-amd-drivers/

From the performance thread.

Hip Hop

What am I supposed to do when it says, "Call in the rebels".

"Wreck Havoc"

that is my last on the list to liberate a city.

There's nothing else left to destroy, what I am supposed to do, shoot civilians?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

"Wreck Havoc"

There's nothing else left to destroy, what I am supposed to do, shoot civilians?

Go to the police station, make sure the gates are open and then just kill a bunch of militia.

NotLiquid

"Wreck Havoc"

Open the two gates at the police station and then just fuck everything up like you usually do.

I installed (from disc) on PS4 within a minute and downloaded a 3.5 gig patch and was up and running in a few minutes, not sure why it would take that long.

No real problems so far with PS4 at 5% in, load times for missions are in the 5-10 seconds range and likewise for death/save load. Haven't had any FPS drops or long loading issues or online connection problems. Constantly getting spammed by "friend X beat your time on event Z!" is a bit annoying.

The map system feels pretty rough so far, no mini map on screen and the actual map (touchpad on PS4) feels too high level, you can't see clearly stuff around you.

Someone above said it best: this really feels like Just Cause 2.5, not JC3. Its not a bad game, but after a deluge of open world games like FO4, GTA5, Witcher 3, Syndicate, Mad Max, and sorta Tomb Raider its hard to really get that into this game. The grapple stuff is fun but everything else feels kinda second rate compared to most of the other games.

World map is absolutely huge, which is sort of a negative for me: it feels so big that I'm not sure I wanna go through it all.

void666

Banned
Man, this game is so ugly. What's wrong?
I was looking at this bridge texture and it's like there's no AF.

Any tweaks? PC version of course.

WaterAstro

I hate the wingsuit.

The wingsuit definitely made them nerf the parachute. Parachuting feels so shitty compared to JC2. I'm barely able to keep up with traffic on the parachute, it's so slow.

This world is so lifeless compared to other OW games. Where are all the animals? Diving feels surreal. No fishes (maybe there are fishes, I don't know, no sharks, no whales....wow.
Ah, the whole world feels surreal.

Man...I don't know. The game feels........lazy? Ist's just a copy of Just Cause 2 with technical issues. And this game scored higher than Mad Max, lol.

I hate the wingsuit.

The wingsuit definitely made them nerf the parachute. Parachuting feels so shitty compared to JC2. I'm barely able to keep up with traffic on the parachute, it's so slow.

Yup, completely unnecessary. Parachuting is slow and awful.

Despite the fact it's Just Cause 2.5, despite the fact that AA/AF could be better, and despite the fact the frame rate is not stable...

..I'm loving this game.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I found a ~6 foot wide boombox that you can turn on and it pumps out dance music. Thought I took a screenshot but maybe f12 doesn't work with steam in-game disabled.

Also saw an interesting physics thing, was in a fight on a road, blew up this guy on a motorcycle. The cycle's rear tire was completely gone and it ended up standing straight up on the front tire AND rotating at high speed. It looked like some sort of weird top. Tethered it to the ground and it fell over and kept spinning on its side.

NotLiquid

The parachute is great. It's far more optimal now as a means of covering air space in terms of weaponry, and being able to switch between the wingsuit and parachute on the fly makes for some great tactical maneuvering. It's much better as a means of separating control with speed. I can wingsuit into an establishment, deploy the parachute, shoot a few rockets at the enemies, wingsuit back into some crowded towers or such, tether some giant establishments etc. It all feels so seamless.

I don't get how anyone can see the parachute changes as a bad thing. You have so much more control now while having the option to instantly go back into much faster speeds through a superior traversal gimmick.

Neil_J_UK

Man, the load times are killing me. Makes trying to get higher scores on challenges unbearable at the minute, hoping they patch it. XB1.

kavanf1

I found a ~6 foot wide boombox that you can turn on and it pumps out dance music. Thought I took a screenshot but maybe f12 doesn't work with steam in-game disabled.

Hitting F12 seems to crash the game, for me at least. I took this screenshot and it crashed as soon as I clicked the button.

Only had an hour or so and it's definitely buggy, but you can't beat Just Cause games for ridiculous OTT fun. A nice antidote to Fallout, at least temporarily. Though I know Fallout will have a lot more longevity.

rnaHfYN.jpg

WaterAstro

How do you collect military vehicles?

They dropped the hint once, and I don't remember which base I needed to take down.

UrbanRats

This world is so lifeless compared to other OW games. Where are all the animals? Diving feels surreal. No fishes (maybe there are fishes, I don't know, no sharks, no whales....wow.
Ah, the whole world feels surreal.

Man...I don't know. The game feels........lazy? Ist's just a copy of Just Cause 2 with technical issues. And this game scored higher than Mad Max, lol.

Yup, completely unnecessary. Parachuting is slow and awful.

There are several animals (cows, goats, deers), and fishes too.
Also, wild life is pretty rare in OW games, aside from R*'s titles (and even they only added a significant chunk of it in the remaster of GTAV.

Also, the wingsuit + parachute combo is awesome.
So cool to go from one to the other, and the new parachute is much more stable and better for shooting.
Just takes a bit of practice, but you can do some pretty awesome stunts and flow from one to the other seamlessly.

Technical shenanigans aside, i'm loving the game.
I never played unmodded JC2 with such intensity, and i can't wait for the mods to start coming out for this one.

Man the game has such an incredible sense of scale, incredibly impressed with just how gorgeous the landscapes look (PC version)

Peachpies

How do you collect military vehicles?

They dropped the hint once, and I don't remember which base I needed to take down.
different vehicles require different bases, if you go to a base in the map if it unlocks a vehicle it should says so in the unlock section of its description.

Spent a couple of hours in this last night (PS4).

Absolutely loving it. No complaints so far, just pure chaos and the world looks gorgeous.

So the pre rendered stuff during the credits looked really bad, then it jumped in engine and looks fantastic. Gotta watch Rudolph then heading back to play it.

GravyButt

Really have a lot of catching up to do reading the impressions on this thread for the xb1 version. Im probably going to pick it up Friday unless it doesn't feel right judging by what the criticism is.

Are challenges glitched? I just got 5 gears on the Manea Tour challenge and it's given me none and says I haven't completed it.

Am I doing something wrong? It seemed like it started off with missions to go on, but now I have no direction and I'm just going around liberating locations. Is that what I'm supposed to do? Or are there more story missions that I'm just missing the prompts/location starters for?

pots555

2 hours in with the xbox one version. The gameplay is solid and fun. I just liberated the my first region and I am getting used to the basic tools. The only real problem so far are the long loading times after a death or a challenge. The last one took nearly one minute. But, once you are in the game, it's a blast to play.

I also started Just Cause 2 and it plays and looks great also. I love backward compatibility.

So, let me get this straight - I have to keep playing these terrible minigames to unlock better gear and upgrades? I mean, flying through rings? Still? In 2015?

Did they remove the hundreds of locations that you could go and visit and each individually complete from Just Cause 2? The world feels really bare. Hmm, hope it improves.

ChanMan

So, let me get this straight - I have to keep playing these terrible minigames to unlock better gear and upgrades? I mean, flying through rings? Still? In 2015?

Yeah I am trying to understand the logic behind this as well but it seems to be the case.

NBtoaster

Looked at the map, thought 'I guess this is pretty big', then I zoomed out and saw it was just one island.

Just Cause 2 had a rather large island paying homage to Lost, wonder if there's anything similar here.

Durden77

In JC2, you could control the vehicle slightly when you were in stunt mode. You could even brake and gas. It was super stupid, but made for some awesone stuff. Doesn't seem like you can't in this ome which is kind of a shame. Can you unlock it? It doesn't look like it.

Really wish I had bought Rainbow Six.

After all the shit I talked about it, it's the game that turned out great, this wound up... how it did. What a dissapointment.

The chaotic fun is real old after 8+ hours. The barren world, poor mission design and poor optimization killed the experience and make me long for Just Cause 2 again.

tejy5lM.gif

Top Bottom