• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 |OT| Procedural Chaos

So here are a few of my issues with the game and while framerate and slowdown are a part of it along with loading. That's things I can overlook.

- Challenges being locked behind liberations seems a bit silly. So I have to do a bunch of destroying shit in order to unlock more shit to do to unlock more gears depending on how I do to unlock specific abilities. Abilities that some were unlocked from the start in Just Cause 2.

- Took away my grapple hook melee and left me with a weaker melee.

- Took away my ability to steer cars or vehicles while riding on top.

- Took away my dodge/roll move.

- Added a checklist of icons to know how much shit I have left to blow up which rocks, but took the mini map away and left it to the menu map to see shitty icons so small your eyes hurt looking at them. Also no indication of what the icons mean. Like wtf are some of these icons. Where my icon legend?

I really like the fun elements at play here but I'm more iritated at these issues then performance and how some of the main missions just feel so basic. I go back and forth with my love/hate for JC3. Guess that isn't a bad thing.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dunno if posted but

Just Cause 3 launched yesterday. We've received some great review scores and have been enjoying all the incredible videos and amazing comments you've made so far. We're excited that the game is finally in your hands as we love seeing the crazy things new players do in our massive, explosive sandbox. Thank you for your support!

However, we know that some of you are encountering some technical issues – we’re looking into them all and we’re fully committed to providing you the best possible experience.

We know you’re going to want specific information on when a patch will land and what will be fixed – we would love to give you that information, and we will as soon as we have it. But right now, a little over one day since we launched, we have huge numbers of players in our enormous game world and we’re monitoring all the data coming in.

We need a little bit of time to recreate some of these issues and build fixes. Rest assured though – we are fully committed to making Just Cause 3 as awesome as possible. We already know loads of people are having a blast with the game but we’ll do all we can to make sure everyone is laughing and smiling as they play.

If you do encounter any issues, please contact our Customer Support here [support.eu.square-enix.com]

We’d recommend PC players also visit the Steam forums as there are a number of tips there can could improve or fix some of the issues that have been reported (pinned posts).

So thanks for your patience – we’ll come back to you with more information as soon as we have it.

.hacked

Think I borked the game. Liberated some army base near center of map that as soon as you get near it you get pelted with air strikes. I just kept dying and reloading and eventually liberated the base. Bad thing is now take good 5 mins to load and puts me into the base with incoming air strikes, I am lucky if I can get out without getting killed and I am fucked if I even try to do one of the unlocked events. Why is the bases air strike security still enabled after I took it over?

Think I borked the game. Liberated some army base near center of map that as soon as you get near it you get pelted with air strikes. I just kept dying and reloading and eventually liberated the base. Bad thing is now take good 5 mins to load and puts me into the base with incoming air strikes, I am lucky if I can get out without getting killed and I am fucked if I even try to do one of the unlocked events. Why is the bases air strike security still enabled after I took it over?

There is one where you do a mission to stop the airstrikes.

McNum

That base is a province into itself, so you should be able to Fast Travel out for free. And if not, you can spend a flare on it.

And yes, the Airstrike FOW is disabled in a story mission. A fairly easy one at that. You need to liberate multiple provinces to unlock that mission, though.

.hacked

That base is a province into itself, so you should be able to Fast Travel out for free. And if not, you can spend a flare on it.

And yes, the Airstrike FOW is disabled in a story mission. A fairly easy one at that. You need to liberate multiple provinces to unlock that mission, though.

There is one where you do a mission to stop the airstrikes.

Thanks!

As much fun as the game is, the game is a huge technical mess that should never have been released in it's current state.

The frame rate is horrible at times (PS4) and the load times are all over the place. The cars handle like shit (worse then 2 imo) , and there seems to weird lighting glitches (you see lights flicking on and off on parts where there are no lights) on buildings when up close to them.

The motion blur when turning the camera feels like overkill (to me anyway)...and WTF is up with the online leadership boards bullshit?? I want to turn that crap off (including friends leadership)!!

It's still a good game, but yeah..the issues are holding it back for me. Generally I can over look technical shit (nearly 90 hours on FO4) but with this game, they are really getting to me.

SomTervo

Does anybody else really struggle with the rocket mines?

I watch videos of people planting a couple on a car, hitting the detonator, and watching the car fly off into the sunset... Then when I plant all 4 on a car's rear bumper and pull the trigger, the car just sort of leans slightly. Naturally it explodes a few seconds later.

I feel like something's up with my physics. Playing on PC. One time I even stuck a rocket mine on a person and nothing happened. They just sat there then exploded.

Might try again tomorrow... If I'm not playing the Uncharted 4 beta.

brau

Does anybody else really struggle with the rocket mines?

I watch videos of people planting a couple on a car, hitting the detonator, and watching the car fly off into the sunset... Then when I plant all 4 on a car's rear bumper and pull the trigger, the car just sort of leans slightly. Naturally it explodes a few seconds later.

I feel like something's up with my physics. Playing on PC. One time I even stuck a rocket mine on a person and nothing happened. They just sat there then exploded.

Might try again tomorrow... If I'm not playing the Uncharted 4 beta.

They probably have the upgraded ones?

NotLiquid

I'm having some issue with the rocket powered C4 as well, at least when you're attaching them to cars. Perhaps you need the supercharged ones for them but that seems backwards considering the demonstration video showed it working on regular cars. Works just fine for bikes though. Pretty misleading.

brau

I've easily put over 10 hours into this game and I haven't even left the first island yet.

I was just thinking about this this morning. I've been to the first island and a few of the ones around it. I zoom out and see a ginormous island north. Its gonna take awhile.

A lot of my time is doing stunts with the wing suit. So much fun.

AllenShrz

Last night I was playing this on my 4k, my god, it looks beautiful.

I was surprised that a single 980ti was able to hold it up locked up at 30fps with mixed settings.

What idiot thought it would be a good idea to make the nitrous boost the same button as accelerate when flying planes?
They ran out of buttons. Although it is confusing to find out that it only recharges when you're not pressing the trigger. And that you don't need to press accelerate to stay airborne.

I spent 45 mins looking for the last damn transformer to clear a base...

45 GODDAMN MINS.

It would be great if they patched in an option to tag the last item you need...

So I have a bit of a list of questions. There's gonna be quite a few so I figure bullet point form would be easiest. I'm playing on PC btw.

1. How do you get past that stupid start screen? I just mash keys until it does something
2. Is there a sprint button cause I cant find the damn thing.
3. What is precision aim? I figured it was zoom and mapped it to mouse 2 but it doesn't do anything
4. Is that really max LOD?
5. Do I just suck with the wingsuit or should I use a gamepad? I'm crashing into everything and the controls just don't feel anywhere near as natural as JC2 to me.

Any help with any of those would be greatly appreciated.

I fucking love the wingsuit. I always thought just cause 1 had the far more enjoyable freefall experience over 2 because you could get some real gliding done. Now they've actually implemented a wingsuit, this shit is bannaners. I could fly all day.

Stiler

Where/how do you upgrade the wingsuit/parachute?

Someone said (Before release) that you unlocked mods for these that allowed things like the wingsuit to provide lift, etc but looking through the few mods in traversal I see zero mods that do that for either.

newsguy

Has anyone had a crazy glitch where your video drops in and out of black for a few frames and sometimes for seconds at a time?

PS4 btw

Just getting started on PC and it's a lot of fun. I was a huge fan of JC2 and still had it installed up until a couple of months ago just to mess around once in a while. This is a nice upgrade to that. LOVE the fucking scale of the destruction, explosions, physics and sound.

GHG

Gold Member
I suck at parachuting and the wing suit in this game.

Can't seem to get into any flow of movement. I'm nowhere near as fluid as I was moving around the map in JC2.

Any tips or have they just ruined everything good about the traversal mechanics?

Remaining items show up on the map if there's only a few left. It's saved me a lot of time.

I need a dumb action game and you are making me want to go ahead and purchase JC3. I've been playing Just Cause 2 while I wait for 3 to get cheaper and the lack of guidance for where the last destructible thing is pissing me off. Literally every single base I spend an extra 10+ minutes finding where that last generator is.

NotLiquid

Can't seem to get into any flow of movement. I'm nowhere near as fluid as I was moving around the map in JC2.

Any tips or have they just ruined everything good about the traversal mechanics?

Give some of the challenges multiple runs. You'll get used to the wingsuit, it's all in the light touches. Remember that the parachute should primarily be utilized for elevation when in conjunction with the grapple and slowing down for the sake of targeting things.

Durden77

Don't be afriad to use the wingsuit. Use it every chance you get and you'll get the hang of it.

After a while you realize avoiding smacking into the ground is not as hard as it looks. Especially once you get the hang of grappling with it, you'll fly forever.

You can reel while wingsuiting. Just point at the ground press L1 to pick up speed(pull up if you don't want to faceplant). I'm wingsuiting up the side of fucking mountains by now and wingsuiting back down on the other side. The travel mechanics are super awesome now.

Crumbtiny

How do you switch from the driver seat to the turret seat in an APC? Xbox One. Can't figure it out for the life of me.

Nvm: hold y

Hip Hop

I started not liking the map as much as the more exotic locations JC2 had, but the more I play, the more I realized this game has the same things, but just a different theme and much more.

There are various underground locales and caves you can explore, the places are much more vertical all together, which JC2 had little of compared to this.

And the detail gain here is much more pronounced, lighting, AI town folk, air particles, scenery, etc.

riding slowly in a hilly town is such a beauty.

Top Bottom