• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 |OT| Procedural Chaos

Vlad

Wait, so there is no sea port to chop the boats? You need to airlift any boat you need to a normal garage?

There are a few seaport garages, but the boat that we're talking about is only found in lakes.

I was also pondering the idea of airlifting the boat into the back of one of those huge dump trucks and just driving it to the garage.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so there is no sea port to chop the boats? You need to airlift any boat you need to a normal garage?

There's at least 2 garages I've found that are next to the sea and allow boats to be chopped. Handy cos I drove more than a few vehicles off the edge and still got them to count that way.

vypek

There are a few seaport garages, but the boat that we're talking about is only found in lakes.

I was also pondering the idea of airlifting the boat into the back of one of those huge dump trucks and just driving it to the garage.

There's at least 2 garages I've found that are next to the sea and allow boats to be chopped. Handy cos I drove more than a few vehicles off the edge and still got them to count that way.

Ah, thanks for the clarification both of you

Vlad

Of course, I didn't notice the buoys at the garages until after I had dragged most of the civilian boats up the shore to the car part of the garage. I finally noticed it after about half an hour of trying to get the big fishing boat up the beach.

Brizzo24

I'm getting tired of these load times and frame dips. I went from really loving this game, and trying not to mind the issues, but it's getting to the point that I want t stop playing and just wait for a patch. But really, can a patch help alleviate some of these performance issues? BTW i'm playing on the PS4, and i'm about 12-15 hours in.

vypek

I saw the IGN guide of easter eggs. Some of them are pretty cool but I wish there was more done with them
(like the melee weapons such as the buster sword).

But I realized I stumbled onto one of them without realizing it. I just didn't know how to use it.

Chris R

Well it seems that playing in windowed mode might work for me until a patch drops. FINALLY beat the intro mission, now I can free roam. Yay.

Wingsuit challenges are kinda tough!

Any idea where to find the buggy that was given as a pre-order / day one incentive? Or any of them really. I seem to keep seeing the same few car types and I've managed to make it to the second island (the one on the that is kind of stringy - not the really big one on the tip right).

Aerocrane

Where is the nearest garage, anyway? The only town I've found on the big island is the capital. Seems like it's all nature and military otherwise.

Your two closest options for garages are Vista Dracon down south and Celata in the southeast, both located within the Libeccio region.

2015-12-10_00001h5otv.jpg

I just unlocked the FOM, how close am I to being able to obtain the Free-Aim mod?
You need to earn three gears from Shooting Gallery challenges to unlock the precision aim mod. The icon for those challenges is a crosshair.

MattyG

Banned
Well I just attacked a base and halfway through I went from a solid 60 frames to a stuttery unplayable mess. Restarting the game didn't do anything, so I'm rebooting my PC to see if that'll work.

Edit: Welp. It's fucked. Don't know what to do.

PooBone

I gamefly'd this and would up sending it back after the weekend was up. It's fun but still feels like three quarters of a game, like the last one felt. I played it on Xbox One and for what it's worth the performance seemed fine except for the occasional hiccup with a massive explosion would go off.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
GREAT.

JC 3 just crashed my PS4 and corrupted the data, prompting me to close and remove the disk. As it was closing the machine froze and turned off instead of restarting. Turning it back on prompts me to plug in a USB stick with the 3.11 update file.

THANKS, AVALANCHE.

Update: Now it can't read the USB device. "CE-30784-2". The message says to use the file for the 3.11 reinstallation, so I was using the update file. Should I be using the full installtion file instead? FUCK THIS.... Forget Konami, Fuck Avalanche.

UPDATE 2: FUCK AVALANCHE. Bricked, coffin on the way. Never got to finish P.T. either, now never. No games or Blu-rays for a couple of weeks. Merry fucking Christmas to me...

SomTervo

Well I just attacked a base and halfway through I went from a solid 60 frames to a stuttery unplayable mess. Restarting the game didn't do anything, so I'm rebooting my PC to see if that'll work.

Edit: Welp. It's fucked. Don't know what to do.

Whole PC low FPS or just the game?

UPDATE 2: FUCK AVALANCHE. Bricked, coffin on the way. Never got to finish P.T. either, now never. No games or Blu-rays for a couple of weeks. Merry fucking Christmas to me...

Shit, man. That sucks. Also makes me really nervous to play. I stopped playing the other day because Bethesda finally fixed Fallout 4 so now I can continue the main quest. Will probably stay away from JC3 for a while, at least until a patch comes.

Neil_J_UK

Hmmm.

Just finished the Bavarium on a Plane mission, and after it says mission complete it still technically thinks I'm in a mission. It won't let me fast travel saying it's unavailable in a mission, and if I die it says retry, and takes me back to the last checkpoint of the mission. Anyone else had this?

edit: after re-doing it, abandoning mission and doing it again that didn't work, turns out I had to reset my console do it again and it worked.

Brizzo24

GREAT.

JC 3 just crashed my PS4 and corrupted the data, prompting me to close and remove the disk. As it was closing the machine froze and turned off instead of restarting. Turning it back on prompts me to plug in a USB stick with the 3.11 update file.

THANKS, AVALANCHE.

Update: Now it can't read the USB device. "CE-30784-2". The message says to use the file for the 3.11 reinstallation, so I was using the update file. Should I be using the full installtion file instead? FUCK THIS.... Forget Konami, Fuck Avalanche.

You win!

SomTervo

GREAT.

THANKS, AVALANCHE.

Shit. Sorry mate. You should tell Avalanche.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
...FUCKINGHELLSHITBRICKFUCKSHIT...

I want a billion Chaos Points for this shit. That island would help console my P.T. loss.

Shit. Sorry mate. You should tell Avalanche.

Thanks. I'm gong to tweet something to them and send a support email but not while I'm still fuming. Now I have to get a BR player and Roku in the meantime. At least the Sony depot is near Toronto, so maybe my coffin and 2nd-rate refurb will turn-around within 2wks.

Thr bitch of it is that I still want to play JC3 but I can't. Fuck!

vypek

GREAT.

THANKS, AVALANCHE.

Now, I'm worried about continuing my playthrough. Sorry to hear about that. Really awful.

Thanks. I'm gong to tweet something to them and send a support email but not while I'm still fuming.

Also try their fourms: https://forums.justcause.com/

SeanR1221

Thanks and thanks, I'll be writing something up tomorrow. Still too pissed off. The ONE game I've been waiting for the most since plugging 140hrs into JC2... FUCK.

You know, I think after your post Im just gonna sell the game.

it froze on me too yesterday and now Im scared shitless.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
You know, I think after your post Im just gonna sell the game.

it froze on me too yesterday and now Im scared shitless.

I'm venting, I can't blame them with full knowledge that the game caused this (I think it did), but the crash was really fucked up and threw the first errors I've ever seen on the PS4 since I got it in March. The Sony rep said it was possible that whatever happened could have corrupted more than the save file, but she's just a rep. I couldn't rebuild the db, install the update file, or even wipe and initialize the PS4.

Who knows. I can't advise anything other than be careful. Waiting for a patch is wise. I could not find any other similar stories online other than corrupt save issues, but maybe I was lucky #1.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I was planning to buy the PS4 version tomorrow, but after looking at this thread and seeing a bricked PS4, shitty framerates and awful load times.. Nah, I can wait, Avalanche. Get back to me when you've fixed this.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
I was planning to buy the PS4 version tomorrow, but after looking at this thread and seeing a bricked PS4, shitty framerates and awful load times.. Nah, I can wait, Avalanche. Get back to me when you've fixed this.

My system might have been a fluke, and while the load times were annoying they weren't any worse than JC2. Frame rates weren't nearly as bad as people lead me to believe, so I wouldn't be afraid to try the game of I were you. Just backup. ;-)

LAM09

Was really looking forward to this game prior to launch, but the performance issues have put me completely off for the time being. I'll wait until Avalanche release a patch to sort out the major problems

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm an idiot, but how the heck can a game brick an entire system?? Please explain. Being serious.

I'd love to know too, but since it's also known to corrupt saves maybe it corrupted something else in this case. The error said "PS4 Data Corrupted, Eject Disk, PS4 will restart." I found it odd that it said that instead of 'Game data corrupted" or "Save data".

Makeda

I wanted to get JC3 but the frame rate issues put me off... now I just read Arkham's issue and holy shit, not touching this game for a long while yet.

I hope you manage to get an answer out of Avalanche (please keep GAF updated!) I'm shocked that a game crash could cause that big of an issue but I suppose if the PS4 got shut off whilst trying to read some data from the HDD then it's somewhat plausible, still BS though and a disgusting lack of QC/Testing.

Started playing yesterday, actual gameplay is crazy fun but...

- Holy shit at these load times. Worse than Bloodborne and Fallout 4 combined. It pretty much ruins the game since the challenges are the only way to get upgrades and I'm often having to restart them.

- No minimap is very aggravating. Cannot believe it doesn't have one.

- "Hey I need to return this bike I borrowed but I don't have time, could you do it for me?" just came out of a character's mouth, word for word. Could a lazier sidequest/worse line of dialogue exist?

Top Bottom