• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League vs Teen Titans: First look of full cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Yep, & I can't blame him for doing so.
Neither can I. Though I'm curious to know who Cyborg's replacement in the Justice League will be. Martian Manhunter?

As for the Titans themselves, I hope Wally joins the group next time.

Pein

Banned
You know it would have been nice to see shazam in this movie, I loved his dynamic with the younger team in young justice. He also would have gave supes a good fight not the lame damian win.

I miss having proper dc stuff to watch, movies are nice but a tv show means more arcs and characters on a grander scale.

I watched the movie with this comment in mind and other than that scene with Nightwing which was understandable and cute, I didn't notice any gratuitous boob or ass close-ups. I do think the boob window is pretty stupid as a concept.

I did like Wonder Woman's little feminist moment :p

wonder_woman_feminist_justice_league_vs_teen_titan_by_digi_matrix-d9xsxgb.gif
That's some New 52 Super Dickery right there.

I think the problem with Starfire is that a lot of the new comic readers only knew her from her appearance in the t.v. show. Kids grew up with a different Starfire, that was not sexually charged.

I think the problem with Starfire is that a lot of the new comic readers only knew her from her appearance in the t.v. show. Kids grew up with a different Starfire, that was not sexually charged.

The comic Starfire wasn't sexually charged too, not just the cartoon. At least that's what I'm gathering from one of those articles. She was ignorant of her skimpy costume but making her an "emotionless fuck buddy" with amnesia seems pretty counter to the original version of her, right? Controversy doesn't seem to be just the outfit but also her personality change.

By far the biggest issue is having Damian over dick.

If I had to choose one over the other I'd always choose dick.

Give me the dick I love, not this snotty edge lord Robin.

Blues1990

For what it's worth,
he's possessed.

If anything, this movie had a drastically more likable Superman than Cavill.
"Flash, if you can hear me... Sorry!" *leg break*

I haven't seen 'Batman VS. Superman,' but if 'Man of Steel' is anything to go by, then I won't be missing out on much, huh?

I won't lie. I definitely winced when Superman had to break possessed-Flash's leg. Definitely one of the more painful moments from the film.

For what it's worth,
he's possessed.

If anything, this movie had a drastically more likable Superman than Cavill.
"Flash, if you can hear me... Sorry!" *leg break*

That was brutal lol.

Also, we all hate Damien but why oh why, did they have to get such a annoying voice actor?! It's bad enough that Damien is OP but by the New Gods his voice just makes me hate him more.

This movie also definitely needed Shazam. His scenes in Young Justice was funny lol.

One thing that I liked was that Trigon went after the strongest member, Supes, and then Flash. Good thinking on Trigon's part. Control the strongest ones since nobody can body them besides OP Damien lmao. I also loved how the Teens got bodied by the Justice League.

Blues1990

That was brutal lol.

Also, we all hate Damien but why oh why, did they have to get such a annoying voice actor?! It's bad enough that Damien is OP but by the New Gods his voice just makes me hate him more.

This movie also definitely needed Shazam. His scenes in Young Justice was funny lol.

One thing that I liked was that Trigon went after the strongest member, Supes, and then Flash. Good thinking on Trigon's part. Control the strongest ones since nobody can body them besides OP Damien lmao. I also loved how the Teens got bodied by the Justice League.

To be fair, the voice actor that they got for Damien isn't horrible. He definitely nailed the character's overconfidence & arrogance, and given that he's the embodiment of Bruce & Talia's worst traits, that's exactly how he should be portrayed. A chauvinistic, overconfident assassin.

When I last spoke to my friend (who's a big fan of all things Batman), he told me that Damien had become much more humble in his most recent appearances in the comics. He has a solid dynamic with his adoptive older brother, Dick, which Morrison was the one that had given him a more concrete personality. (Usually about his insecurities, such as how people just can't accept him for who he is, warts & all.)

Apparently, this is something that the DC Animated movies forgot to cover. Especially with his relationship with Dick. :/

ZoddGutts

Damian's character just doesn't work without Dick as the father figure to guide him. Why bother putting him in the animated version without that, he's just unbearable without that aspect.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just got around to watching it. That was brilliant.

Best DC Animated movie since Flashpoint IMO

carlsojo

Just got around to watching it. That was brilliant.

Best DC Animated movie since Flashpoint IMO

Totally agree!

Favorite parts:

Superman breaking
Flash's leg!

Raven and Damien hanging out.

When Beastboy changed into
(what basically looked like)Diablo in Hell.

The ending
Raven putting the gem in her head, basically the ending of Diablo 1.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Can't even understand what the fuck Raven is saying.. Good lord.

The hell is wrong with the VA?

She always talks like that. I want to say that's the actor's thing. Every show I've seen her on has had a similar flat line delivery. At least it works for the character in this.

Do you guys watch the special features included on the disc? I always find those to be the best part.

Anyway, regarding Raven, if you watch the featurette about her with Marv Wolfman, the reason she talks like that is because she has to keep her emotions in check, or otherwise, she'll unleash Trigon.

MartyStu

Damian's character just doesn't work without Dick as the father figure to guide him. Why bother putting him in the animated version without that, he's just unbearable without that aspect.

This is not now nor has it ever been true.

Damian worked very well with Bruce in the nu52 Batman and Robin. Also works well in Robin, Son of Batman.

Tomasi and Gleason have a really good handle on him. On par with Morrison I feel.

Edit: He was also a pretty hilarious addition to the last pre-Flashpoint Batgirl run.

The movie was pretty great. And hmm at that
Terra
tease at the end. Justice League: Damien & Friends Adventures here we go!

I don't have much exposure to Damien in the comics so I had no bias against him before watching this movie and I can say he is a little shit. He never turned down his pissyness except when he was giving Raven pep talks (WHY didn't they have literally any other character handle this?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom