• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League vs Teen Titans: First look of full cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the top 3 is that they made Damien op, and basically he's really annoying. With this movie though, at least for me he seems more likeable.
I think it's not so much that they make Damian really strong but rather that their means to achieve it is to write in really dumb, contrived reasons to take Batman and Nightwing out of the game. Like for Nightwing, especially, it's amateur hour, and he gets bodied by everything. They also focus so heavily on Damian at the expense of story, too.

I think it's not so much that they make Damian really strong but rather that their means to achieve it is to write in really dumb, contrived reasons to take Batman and Nightwing out of the game. Like for Nightwing, especially, it's amateur hour, and he gets bodied by everything. They also focus so heavily on Damian at the expense of story, too.

Ha Nightwing, what have they done to you.

I imagined I lucked out since I watched them backwards. I suppose if I saw them in the correct order, it would have tainted my opinion of him in this one.

Oh that's why lol.

Yeah you gone tired of him being OP.

Like he was confident about beating
superman
which kinda did with no struggle.... Yeah it gotten ridiculous at this point.

Very enjoyable movie. Now i am trying to understand that Damian grew up in an assassin house, but my god what a douche that little shit is. I liked Raven since TT show, but i have to say that the voice actress felt really flat. I did not know that Blue Beatle was a Titan i thought he was YJ. To be honest i lost trach on who is where lol. Also the Tara tease was great. It was awesome having TT from the tv series in a movie + Blue. Now all we need is a movie about how Slade wreck them and turns Tara against them.

Blues1990

Also, aside from the
Damian vs Dick
fight in Son of Batman, I feel like they're kind of implying that Damian is a better fighter than Dick, too. In Batman vs Robin, he actually fights almost evenly with Batman, whereas when
Dick fights Batman
in Bad Blood,
Bats easily beats him.
You could say that Bats held back against Damian, but still. That doesn't reconcile how he also fought and beat
Deathstroke

And that bothers me the most. I always considered Dick's fighting & acrobatic abilities to be on par with Bruce's, given his circus upbringing & that Bruce himself trained Dick with everything he knows. I just wanted Dick to put Damian in his place, say in a sparring session, to surprise him that he was holding back in their past encounters.

I cheered when Jamie fired a big energy blast into Damian's face. After watching four movies with this prick, he totally had that coming.

And that bothers me the most. I always considered Dick's fighting & acrobatic abilities to be on par with Bruce's, given his circus upbringing & that Bruce himself trained Dick with everything he knows. I just wanted Dick to put Damian in his place, say in a sparring session, to surprise him that he was holding back in their past encounters.

I cheered when Jamie fired a big energy blast into Damian's face. After watching four movies with this prick, he totally had that coming.

the damian dick riding never ends thats why. I also get annoyed with damian this damian that. I was fully expecting this movie to basically be Damian featuring Teen Titans. Was pleasantly surprised to see that the movie actually revolved more around Raven.

aly

I liked Damian in Batman Inc. I don't get the hate really.

The hate is that the movies are nowhere as good as the comics and the characters suffer because of it. All of these new movies have a strange rushed feel about them as well.

Chariot

WxMwzq2.png

Blues1990

the damian dick riding never ends thats why. I also get annoyed with damian this damian that. I was fully expecting this movie to basically be Damian featuring Teen Titans. Was pleasantly surprised to see that the movie actually revolved more around Raven.
Yes, I was shocked with how faithful Raven's character was in the film, along with her & Trigon being the films central focus. The payoff at the end was a highlight for me. Cyborg was pretty awesome in his own right, despite his limited showtime.

PinballRJ

If they're going to make her virtually naked, why they don't just go the whole nine yards? It astonishes me how comically-skimpy clothing is just fine, but remove those little shreds of fabric and all of a sudden it becomes a big deal.

I don't understand why Warner Bros. has this incessant need to repeatedly change the art style away from Glen Murakami's anime-influenced masterpiece.

This style of Teen Titans was perfect. Why can't we get more animation like this?

Agreed, I was really disappointed when I stared looking up other super hero stuff as a kid

The hate is that the movies are nowhere as good as the comics and the characters suffer because of it. All of these new movies have a strange rushed feel about them as well.

It's cus they are all only 70 minutes long. They need to stop limiting the length of these movies, I bet they would sell better since people would take them seriously as full movies.

Also, aside from the
Damian vs Dick
fight in Son of Batman, I feel like they're kind of implying that Damian is a better fighter than Dick, too. In Batman vs Robin, he actually fights almost evenly with Batman, whereas when
Dick fights Batman
in Bad Blood,
Bats easily beats him.
You could say that Bats held back against Damian, but still. That doesn't reconcile how he also fought and beat
Deathstroke

Nah, Batman was clearly going easy on him at the start of that rooftop fight, doing nothing but blocking and evading. Only after Damian kept being a pest did he get a bit more active. The kid got a few hits in due to Batman still remaining relatively passive, but at no point did it look like they were fighting on equal ground. I thought the effort that went into Damian's fight choreography and how he was handled in general was a massive improvement over SoB.

No excuses for the Deathstroke (or Ubu) fight in SoB, that was some major BS. Although, to be fair, even that made the gulf between Batman and Damian clear, since Bruce took care of Deathstroke with 2-3 punches. That in itself was of course BS again, but at least they retained some consistency that way.

Yes, I was shocked with how faithful Raven's character was in the film, along with her & Trigon being the films central focus. The payoff at the end was a highlight for me. Cyborg was pretty awesome in his own right, despite his limited showtime.

i was salty that he never said BOOYA!!

PreFire

The hate for Damian is so weird. But whatever.

It's a fun movie. Although, wtf was up with all those boob and ass close-ups on Starfire? Lol
I'm not just talking about the Skype scene

Flash's voice actor was inconsistent. He had a deep voice his first line, then normal voice the second time.

Animation was on point though. Really love the more realistic style

And who was
that girl surfing to the teen titan hq? (Mid credits) Aqua girl? Lol

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wait this shit is out already? Is it good? I'm skeptical because the last few haven't been too hot. Also is this shit really in the movie? Looks like a Sailor Moon transformation.

Yep, digital version is out. I thought it was good. And I haven't liked any of the films since Flashpoint Paradox. Everything in between has ranged from bad to meh, but I thought this was a return to form.

And yeah, that scene is in there but it's self aware and played for laughs.

I really don't wanna wait two weeks to see this but the hell if I'm paying $20 for the digital version when the bluray costs the same and comes with a digital copy anyway. Amazon needs Autorip for movies.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Now that I saw The Dark Knight Returns (which was good) I think I might jump into the DC animated world, due to BvS and the TV Shows that didn't really grab me.

Is it just me or did the character design change over the past 4 years? Although it looks more anime inspired (like avatar) it does look better now (except for TDKR, the side characters didn't look good), but I expected they'd look closer to the comics (in terms of design and with more details).

Now that I saw The Dark Knight Returns (which was good) I think I might jump into the DC animated world, due to BvS and the TV Shows that didn't really grab me.

Is it me or did the character design change over the past 4 years? Although it looks more anime inspired (like avatar) it does look better now (except for TDKR, the side characters didn't look good), but I expected they'd look more closer to the comics (looks and a bit more detailed).

When they first did this, they'd have new designs for every movie. A couple movies ago they stuck with, I think Young Justice inspired one. It's kind of nice to have it all match now. But I did like seeing the different design choices they made.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Is it just me or did the character design change over the past 4 years? Although it looks more anime inspired (like avatar) it does look better now (except for TDKR, the side characters didn't look good), but I expected they'd look closer to the comics (in terms of design and with more details).

When they first did this, they'd have new designs for every movie. A couple movies ago they stuck with, I think Young Justice inspired one. It's kind of nice to have it all match now. But I did like seeing the different design choices they made.

The Dark Knight Returns designs falls in-line with some of their previous approaches like Public Enemies where they more directly attempted to emulate the art from whichever comic they were adapting. Phil Bourassa has been an in-house designer for a while (he was the character design lead on Young Justice), but when Flashpoint came out, they let Bourassa stick with a more anime-inspired approach.

By most of the post-Flashpoint movies being continuations of one another (DKR and JL:GaM being the outliers), it saves them a ton of time (and money) on redesigning the same cast of characters repeatedly, while also letting the animation studios get more comfortable and consistent with how to animate these characters.

Blues1990

The Dark Knight Returns designs falls in-line with some of their previous approaches like Public Enemies where they more directly attempted to emulate the art from whichever comic they were adapting. Phil Bourassa has been an in-house designer for a while (he was the character design lead on Young Justice), but when Flashpoint came out, they let Bourassa stick with a more anime-inspired approach.

By most of the post-Flashpoint movies being continuations of one another (DKR and JL:GaM being the outliers), it saves them a ton of time (and money) on redesigning the same cast of characters repeatedly, while also letting the animation studios get more comfortable and consistent with how to animate these characters.

You've made a good point, but there have been times when several of Bourassa's designs had been reused for several other productions. Superman's design for 'JL: Crisis on Infinite Earths' was reused for 'Young Justice' & JL: Doom, for example.

But yes, it was definitely a smart move on WB Animation's part to have a series of mainline movies that have one shared universe & a more unified design, rather than redesigning the same cast of characters for multiple productions (with the exception of the direct comic-to-film adaptations). It's kind of funny how it had taken them this long to do that, as like you've said, it probably wasn't cost efficient to have the design team to redesign (along with doing character rotations, mouth charts, etc.) the same group of characters for 20-odd productions.

It's something about Superman's outfit that I really like. Other than that I thought the movie was pretty good. Reminded me of Auld Acquaintance in Young Justice.

Just watched it. I liked it a lot :D TTGo! ruined the "foreigner" and "moody antisocial" aspects from Starfire and Raven respectively for me, so it was soooo refreshing to watch another take on these characters. I enjoyed Damian but i did felt he was a little too OP :p BB was awesome <3 him and his relation with the scarab deserve their own movie. BB was cool too, I love how
he was always the one getting defeated so easily until he managed to morph into demons and then kicked ass! xD
. And omg the Sailor Moon transformation sequence was GREAT.
lmao I watched this because of Nightwing, I love him.

And I got DICK

And I don't mean as in he was in it, I mean I got JACK SHIT
I know lol Him and Flash are barely noticeable.

Fj0823

Watching it right now. Having some fun.

I really liked the part when Zack Snyder started directing Superman.

shoreu

Yeah i really really hate Damian in the comics and his animated self.

Like why
was he at the center of this movie almost

Yeah i really really hate Damian in the comics and his animated self.

Like why
was he at the center of this movie almost

The one time that grated for me is the "you have a way to take out Superman" thing, and that's only because it meant for sure they were nerfing Jaime. By and large, it felt like it was at least as much Raven's movie as Damian's.

shoreu

The one time that grated for me is the "you have a way to take out Superman" thing, and that's only because it meant for sure they were nerfing Jaime. By and large, it felt like it was at least as much Raven's movie as Damian's.

Lol it should have been ravens lol I hate the little bastard.

Especially when he beats his brothers.

And the acceptance that he's inheriting the batman role. Like the other kids aren't loved too

Reszo

Just watched it, liked it a lot.
Question about the ending though that I found creepy lol

Does Raven hear trigon talking to her and screaming at her to let him out? That's some fucked up shit she smiling eating pizza and Trigon is in her head 24/7 lol.

It's a fun movie. Although, wtf was up with all those boob and ass close-ups on Starfire? Lol
I'm not just talking about the Skype scene

I watched the movie with this comment in mind and other than that scene with Nightwing which was understandable and cute, I didn't notice any gratuitous boob or ass close-ups. I do think the boob window is pretty stupid as a concept.

I did like Wonder Woman's little feminist moment :p

wonder_woman_feminist_justice_league_vs_teen_titan_by_digi_matrix-d9xsxgb.gif

Akainu

Was just thinking. I don't know much about the Teen Titans outside of the cartoon are they even teens most of the time? Cyborg, Nightwing and Starfire look like they are in their 20's

Was just thinking. I don't know much about the Teen Titans outside of the cartoon are they even teens most of the time? Cyborg, Nightwing and Starfire look like they are in their 20's
I think in this case most of them are meant to be older. One of them is already in the justice league, the other has gone solo, and the third simply feels like she's sticking around because she's in charge of training/leading the teen titans.

Nightwing was wasted. He's honestly one of the more appealing batman characters because he isn't a carbon copy of batman. I'm actually done with Damien and will probably avoid anything with him in it.

Blues1990

Did Cyborg actually ditch the League for the Titans?
Yep, & I can't blame him for doing so.

Nightwing was wasted. He's honestly one of the more appealing batman characters because he isn't a carbon copy of batman. I'm actually done with Damien and will probably avoid anything with him in it.

I feel the same way, especially with how Nightwing has been handled in these animated films. Outside from the upcoming 'The Killing Joke' adaptation, I'm not going to bother with any of the other DC Animated movies. Unless if there's a proper adaptation of "Worlds Finest", then I'll be down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom