• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 3 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just really like that the show seems to be heading down the path of building long-term villains instead monster-of-the-season arcs. (Obviously I'm not counting the development of Boyd as a villain. He's Hero #2.)

Limehouse should be season 4, Wynn Duffy season 5, Theo Tonin season 6 and Boyd vs. Raylan for season 7.

Al-ibn Kermit

Limehouse should be season 4, Wynn Duffy season 5, Theo Tonin season 6 and Boyd vs. Raylan for season 7.

Boyd v. Raylan, why would that ever happen?

I can't see Wynn Duffy as anything other than a subordinate now with how he's hopping from Quarles to the Detroit Mob. I just don't see him as a supervillainy person. I could see him and Theo Tonin trying to restart the oxy idea but wouldn't it seem kind of stupid to do it in exact same county that Quarles was trying (and failed) to do it in? There's both local competition from Boyd and Raylan giving them problems.

I could see both Limehouse and Dickie being the main bad dudes next season though. Maybe Limehouse screws over Boyd in some masterful way in the finale and then we end up seeing a threeway war going on next season?

Raylan vs Swearengen final season.

I was hoping they'd cast Ian McShane as Theo Tonin and make him the series big bad, but I can't help but feel that Boyd is that character.

They're pally enough now while Boyd is not a major threat, but when he becomes a bigger problem in Harlan than the Detroit guys, Raylan's gonna have to bring him down. We like Boyd because of Goggins and the focus the character gets, but the reality is that he's almost as scummy as any other villain on the show, if you actually think about it (you as in 'one', not you as in Solo)

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm now one episode behind. Just watched "Man Walks into a Bar"

The Dickie stuff was kind of slow (though I understand the necessity), but everything with Quarles was unreal. That last scene was absolutely incredible (is he raping the hustler?)

Also, this bartender is the only woman that Raylan has boned that I actually like. Hope she sticks around (what's her name?)

I'm now one episode behind. Just watched "Man Walks into a Bar"

The Dickie stuff was kind of slow (though I understand the necessity), but everything with Quarles was unreal. That last scene was absolutely incredible (is he raping the hustler?)

Also, this bartender is the only woman that Raylan has boned that I actually like. Hope she sticks around (what's her name?)

I wanna say 'Lexine'.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yes, yes it is.

I'm not going to say that Justified is the best show evarrr, but it does feature the tightest cast and writing I've ever seen.

- Production Blog: T.O.N.E.-z visits Nobles/“Measures” – Writer’s Recap
This week I’ve got a couple of very cool surprises in store for you. First, T.O.N.E.-z goes Hollywood…

When I heard T.O.N.E.-z (the rapper on Justified’s theme song) would be visiting the Justified set, I grabbed my camera and hustled over to video village. T.O.N.E.-z spent the day on the Nobles Holler set and we got a little surprise once inside Limehouse’s BBQ joint—an acapella version of “Long Hard Times to Come”.

Also, I’ve got a great Writer’s Recap video for you this week. As you can probably tell: things are heating up in Harlan. Alliances, in addition to enemies, are being made left and right. Well I sat down with Ben Cavell, the writer of “Measures”, to discuss this week’s episode and sort through all the high-stakes action.
Two videos via the link.

Lindsey

Been burning though the show after checking out the pilot on a whim. Just finished the episode Blaze of Glory and my god, I laughed so hard at the old man foot chase. Does the show stay this awesome and hilarious?

Been burning though the show after checking out the pilot on a whim. Just finished the episode Blaze of Glory and my god, I laughed so hard at the old man foot chase. Does the show stay this awesome and hilarious?

Indeed. Though I, like many others, will advise you to say away from this thread until you catch up.

New episode tonight!
Coalition

Raylan closes in on an ever-more-unpredictable Quarles; Boyd enters into an alliance with Dickie Bennett in a last-ditch attempt to recover Mags's fortune.
Two episodes left this season.

Sepinwall says it's another great episode tonight.

aF2vn.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Totally a Limehouse play, with Errol, to get everyone

Strange Boyd can sniff that out, but foolishly left Quarles like he did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom