• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 3 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good intro for Limehouse, and I'm glad they brought Quarles back into it with the carpet cleaning, too. Let's hope that's not the last we see of Gugino. <3

Really awesome that they gave Mullen some more screen time tonight.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good episode, even though Ava was only in it for, like, 5 seconds.

I'm a bit disappointed that Boyd is already out of jail. That story thread seemed to happen a little too quickly.

Limehouse seems like a cool villain, and it sounds like the black community of Harlan is going to be really interesting.

Is Carla Gugino mimicking Lisa Ann, or is the other way around? The Goodall stuff went right over my head. They can't call her Karen Sisco, so even Raylan jokes about her being Detective...Goodall. Good writing there.

Art was all Jack Bauer in this episode. Torture still works, man.

gKSCG.gif

Plissken

Solid episode, Art letting his inner badass out for a bit was awesome. Carla Gugino looked hot as always, hope she sticks around for more episodes.

Solo

Goddamn I love this show. I love Raylan and Boyd's relationship. Raylan comes down to prison under the guise of giving an apology, yet he has Boyd released and Dickie sent to solitary in hopes of keeping them apart :lol Limehouse seems like an absolutely batshit insane son of a bitch and it will be interesting to see how he and Boyd get along with eachother. The season seems to be lining up a lot of "villains" already after just two episodes. Finally, how can you not love Art?

Al-ibn Kermit

Is Carla Gugino mimicking Lisa Ann, or is the other way around? The Goodall stuff went right over my head. They can't call her Karen Sisco, so even Raylan jokes about her being Detective...Goodall. Good writing there.

Who is Karen Sisco?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm not sure anyone will ever replace Mags but that last scene with Limehouse has me feeling a lot better about the attempt to do so. Pretty good.

Actually they were real clever about it. She changed her last name because she got married (another incredible bit: "When did you get married?" "A couple months before I got divorced.") So it's still actually the same person, not a stand in.

Real clever.

ALSO. ART.

I think I'll always be an episode behind; watched the first episode last Friday, and once again missed last nights. The gif has me excited though.

First episode was great - the show has perfected the slow build and this season seems like it will be no different in that regard. I still really dislike Winona, and it's not anything to do with the actresses' portrayal, I just dislike the character. Quinn from Dexter did such a great job, and it was nice to see him branch out a bit with the support of solid writing. Not entirely sold on Quarles yet, but it's way too early to be making that kind of judgement call.

Can't wait for Bobby from Supernatural to appear, he was in that one episode last season - terrific actor, loved him on Deadwood.

I like seeing Walton Goggins in jail.

It's like
an alternate happier ending
for The Shield.

Damn man, might want to put a The Shield spoiler warning BEFORE the text. Because I just got something big about the series ending spoiled by reading that, which I ordered the complete set of earlier this week. :(

Damn man, might want to put a The Shield spoiler warning BEFORE the text. Because I just got something big about the series ending spoiled by reading that, which I ordered the complete set of earlier this week. :(

I've had something like this happen to me before. I just waited a month or two before I watched any of the show that was spoiled in hopes that I would forget. It worked.

God I wish Goggz was never on The Shield. All people talk about in Justified threads when they should be talking about the "Married"/"Divorced" exchange for like 12 pages yeesh.

Bruiserk

I'm a little confused. We haven't met detective Goodall in the series before have we? Either I forget who she is or we are just supposed to accept that Raylan knew her from Miami.

Al-ibn Kermit

I'm a little confused. We haven't met detective Goodall in the series before have we? Either I forget who she is or we are just supposed to accept that Raylan knew her from Miami.

I think that actor played a major character on another series created by the person who made this show. Apparently they were making references to her character in this episode, kinda meta I guess.

I think that actor played a major character on another series created by the person who made this show. Apparently they were making references to her character in this episode, kinda meta I guess.

yeah that's about right. It works a bit more elegantly though because she is a character for Elmore Leonard's books.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finally caught up with Justified. Loving it! I like all the familiar faces for the supporting cast this season. Also looking forward to seeing more of Wynona in Californication this weekend :)
Carla Gugino is fantastic too.

- Olyphant was on Conan last night. Here are a few clips over on Conan's website. I'm not sure if the whole thing is available anywhere.

Yeah was surfing the computer last night with Conan playing in the background, then I hear "please welcome Timothy Olyphant!". What an awesome surprise. I promptly turned off the computer and watched the Conan/Olyphant goodness from bed (no homo). Very funny interview, I love Olyphant's "let's just face it, I'm pretty awesome and we all know it" persona. It's the perfect compromise between false modesty and arrogant douchebagginess.

- Onion A|V Club interview with Goggins
Actor Walton Goggins has starred in numerous films and guest-starred in many TV shows. He even produced an Oscar-winning short film, “The Accountant.” But he’s best known for two intense but very different roles on FX crime dramas. Goggins recently talked to The A.V. Club about Boyd’s physicality, writers keeping surprises from the actors, and which of his two most famous characters was more heroic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom