• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
cUwyGvy.gif

Some mildish spoilers from EW and Yost:
Allow me to tell you more about the season. Rather, let executive producer Graham Yost:

“The big thing would be Dewey Crowe, our beloved Dewey, who we didn’t even see last year — it’s a big season for him,” Yost says. “It’s also his family — these Crowes from Florida come up and cause a lot of problems for Raylan and Boyd.” And yes, says Yost, they are this season’s big bad. (Michael Rapaport, who is playing Daryl Crowe, Jr., Alicia Witt, and Amy Smart are among the guest cast we’ll see.)

As for Raylan, the season picks up a few months after last season’s finale — so, yes, the baby has arrived! “That has a profound effect on him,” teases Yost. “So what does he want to do going forward? And the baby is not in Kentucky. So what is he going to do? And that’s one of the big questions of the season.”

The other? Can Boyd get Ava out of the pokey! “As much as we don’t want to repeat anything done by Orange Is the New Black or…Sons, we do have a woman in prison. So we have stories about that. That’s going to be her big story this season.”
That's the first I've heard that Amy Smart is going to show up at some point, or am I forgetting something?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Cornballer said:
Some mildish spoilers from EW and Yost:

Eww
the Winona spawn is going to be in this season. I hope Ava breaks out of jail and steals the baby and feeds it to Dewey's crocodiles.

Hindle

Banned
I'd laugh if
Deweys family
are exactly the same as him. An entire season with a bunch of idiots as the big bad would be hilarious.

Most likely they'll be the complete opposite though, smart, ruthless, cunning etc.

NIce. Source?
- Deadline: Jere Burns Upped On ‘Justified’
Jere Burns has been upped to regular after four seasons as a recurring on FX’s Justified. Burns plays menacing heroin dope dealer Winn Duffy, who offered a partnership to Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins) in the Season 4 finale. His recent roles include the cable dramas Breaking Bad, Bates Motel and Burn Notice. Burns is repped by Innovative Artists and Trademark Talent.
Sounds good to me. Hopefully they start filling out the guest cast roster for S5 soon. :D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
What is this show like? Does it have a lot going on the Sons of Anarchy? Or is it like a lot of talking like Madmen?

It's a lot of fun. Has a good sense of humor about it, but also balances it out with more serious stuff. Haven't seen SoA, but it's not really anything like Mad Men.

Just start with the pilot and give it a try. Season 1 is probably the worst season, but it's still good, just isn't as streamlined as the rest. The show pretty much keeps getting better as it goes on. I really can't think of anybody I know who hated it after watching it, and I've bullied a LOT of people into watching it lol. The characters are all great, and the dialogue is very sharp.

I think maybe I liked season 1 more than season 3. I dunno though, I only watched season 3 once, whereas I watched 1 and 2 a few times. 2 > 4 > 1 > 3 for me right now though.

Personally I think this show is a lot better than Sons, but I haven't really been that high on Sons for a few seasons now. I honestly think it has the best dialogue on TV and it's just entertaining as hell. also, Walton Goggins. Thats reason enough to watch it right there

Formosa

It's a lot of fun. Has a good sense of humor about it, but also balances it out with more serious stuff. Haven't seen SoA, but it's not really anything like Mad Men.

Just start with the pilot and give it a try. Season 1 is probably the worst season, but it's still good, just isn't as streamlined as the rest. The show pretty much keeps getting better as it goes on. I really can't think of anybody I know who hated it after watching it, and I've bullied a LOT of people into watching it lol. The characters are all great, and the dialogue is very sharp.

I think maybe I liked season 1 more than season 3. I dunno though, I only watched season 3 once, whereas I watched 1 and 2 a few times. 2 > 4 > 1 > 3 for me right now though.

Personally I think this show is a lot better than Sons, but I haven't really been that high on Sons for a few seasons now. I honestly think it has the best dialogue on TV and it's just entertaining as hell. also, Walton Goggins. Thats reason enough to watch it right there

I guess I'll give it a try then, although the scenes looks too dialoguetic for me. I love series that has a lot going on (like SoA, 24, breaking bad, prison break, homeland, etc.)
If you like Walton Goggins lol, well he is also in SoA, but he's a transvestite in that show.

sons-of-anarchy-guest.jpg

Frost_Ace

Season 3 has the episode about Dewey and his kidney right? That alone puts it above season1, not to mention Wynn Duffy.

Niraj

Don't get me wrong, I like season 1, but I really felt like the early episodes kind of fall into a "hey, who's Raylan going to shoot this week?" sort of deal. They get out of that when Bo enters the picture though. Objectively, I'd probably go 2>4>3>1, though personally I'd have to think about it. Even though 2 is probably the best season, I think I enjoy watching 3 more. Quarles is just so much fun lol. And the kidney episode. It has issues, but it's just damn entertaining

I guess I'll give it a try then, although the scenes looks too dialoguetic for me. I love series that has a lot going on (like SoA, 24, breaking bad, prison break, homeland, etc.)
If you like Walton Goggins lol, well he is also in SoA, but he's a transvestite in that show.

For me (aside from SoA since I can't comment there), Justified is legitimately better than all the shows you mentioned, though I might take Homeland's first season over some of Justified's seasons. But they're tonally a lot different. Also, that picture is hilarious.

The kidney episode was definitely some truly amazing shit. I guess i'll have to do a rewatch before S5. I honestly don't remember too much about S3

Niraj

I also love that awesome "next one's comin' faster" scene, which then gets directly referenced in that episode later on where Raylan's getting interrogated.

"Told him the next one might be comin' a little faster."
"Deputy...that might just be the coolest thing I've ever laid ears on"

I can't think of another show that's on right now that could pull off a conversation like that and have it not be tacky as hell.

sons-of-anarchy-guest.jpg

Goggins was fantastic, as usual, on SoA, but it was so weird seeing him like that. Now that Breaking Bad is over Justified is my #1 show on TV. I've watched all the shows you've mentioned and I think you'll really enjoy Justified. It has a great blend of drama, humor, action, acting, and the writers do a tremendous job with dialogue and character creation. They take their time building up their season-long stories, but there's always plenty of action along the way and the pay-off is always worth it.

What is this show like? Does it have a lot going on the Sons of Anarchy? Or is it like a lot of talking like Madmen?

It tends to have a good mix of both. The show tends to have really great pacing and mixes up the action/dialogue scenes pretty well, and, at least for me, I don't really find any of those scenes really tedious when looked at in the overall context of the show.

If you do watch it, let us know what you think! It's a great show and always exciting when more people watch it!

I'm trying to figure out what I want to rewatch before the new season. I might do all of S4, but it'd be fun to mix and match a bunch of different episodes from all the seasons.

Vert boil

I'm trying to figure out what I want to rewatch before the new season. I might do all of S4, but it'd be fun to mix and match a bunch of different episodes from all the seasons.

Make sure you watch 4x11 to remember the glory that was Nicky Augustine.

How many dicks do you have to suck to get to the top of the food chain around here?

It's got to be a ton of dicks. It's got to be like morning, noon and night. Like ever since you were fourteen. It's gotta be like the alarm goes off, I'm sucking dick. Where's another dick I can suck. Dick dick dick. Go to bed suck a dick. Dicks dicks dicks, it's got to be a ton. Like a small time blonde girl like you, looking for a better life. Plenty of girls like you, but what sets you apart? Extraordinary vacuuming skills. It's got to be, right? Is that why they let you run the whore house? Because you train the girls? In your off hours is it like Okay girls...

...How many tweeker dickheads did you have to suck off before you got to this, wonderful place in your life?

Niraj

In reviewing some gifs from S4, I've come to the conclusion that I need to watch the whole thing again.

I think it holds up a little better on rewatch. Early on at least, I feel like the week-to-week wait didn't really do it any favors, even though the quality was obviously good. Just from a cohesion standpoint.

Since you mentioned possibly watching random ones from earlier seasons, I was going to list some personal favorites, but after jotting down about half of season 1, I realized that was probably not going to help you out at all lol

FX has been running a couple new teasers for S5 (one with Boyd, one with clips from S5) during the prime time hours, but for some reason they haven't uploaded them yet. Not sure what the rationale is there.

Also, something that I'm assuming is part of the new key art for S5 is up on their website now:

3ALVZOr.jpg

EDIT: Also, there's this minor casting note:
TVLine said:
Will Constable Bob be returning on Justified? –Jennifer
As a matter of fact, yes, Patton Oswalt is confirmed for a Season 5 encore!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom