• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Bumping this thread because Go! is on TV and every Tim fan needs to watch it.

If you haven't seen it yet, go rent it. Also, beware of nice drug dealers.

- Deadline: Jere Burns Upped On ‘Justified’
Jere Burns has been upped to regular after four seasons as a recurring on FX’s Justified. Burns plays menacing heroin dope dealer Winn Duffy, who offered a partnership to Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins) in the Season 4 finale. His recent roles include the cable dramas Breaking Bad, Bates Motel and Burn Notice. Burns is repped by Innovative Artists and Trademark Talent.
Sounds good to me. Hopefully they start filling out the guest cast roster for S5 soon. :D

When's the last time a recurring TV character worked as hard as Duffy to get promoted as a regular?

I wonder if they're setting up 5 as a "big bad" season with Duffy at the forefront...

Also, some role listings via TVLine:
For Season 5, the FX drama is going back to the Cuckoo Crime Family From Hell conceit popularized by the Bennetts of Season 2 (RIP, Mags). This time around, we’ll be introduced to the white trash Florida-based Crowe clan, led by the sexy, charismatic and ruthless fortysomething patriarch Dale. Officially, the Crowes run a gator farm. Unofficially, they deal drugs and murder people and stuff. Dale’s inner circle includes sister Wendy (the public face of the family) and younger brother Danny (described as a romantic sociopath).
I'm also seeing some places that Episode 1 will be titled
"A Murder of Crowes"
but that's not confirmed anywhere.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Also, some role listings via TVLine:

For Season 5, the FX drama is going back to the Cuckoo Crime Family From Hell conceit popularized by the Bennetts of Season 2 (RIP, Mags). This time around, we’ll be introduced to the white trash Florida-based Crowe clan, led by the sexy, charismatic and ruthless fortysomething patriarch Dale. Officially, the Crowes run a gator farm. Unofficially, they deal drugs and murder people and stuff. Dale’s inner circle includes sister Wendy (the public face of the family) and younger brother Danny (described as a romantic sociopath).

I'm also seeing some places that Episode 1 will be titled
"A Murder of Crowes"
but that's not confirmed anywhere.

iJHVEXpCoAgCp.gif

That sounds awesome!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Question: Got any intel on Justified? —Waylon
Ausiello:
I hope Joelle Carter is a fan of prison attire, because I hear Ava won’t be sprung from the pokey anytime soon. In fact, rumor has it Season 5 will have a very Orange is the New Black feel to it.

Source

:O :O omg

KaiserBecks

Do you think a fan of Deadwood would enjoy this show? It's got my boy Timmy in it too

I honestly don't think it's up there with Deadwood, but Olyphant and Goggins are great and there are a lot of unusual and fresh characters on the show. You might have some trouble getting into it though, the structure changed within the first season if I remember correctly.

Man that Rapaport role sounds like it would have been the perfect opportunity for them to fit Ian McShane in there. I always imagined him in that type of role as
patriarch of a family kind of like Mags was

inm8num2

I use this as an excuse to post the glorious Jackie Nevada.

ibqijlGH3YeIFD.gif

Oh man I forgot about her. There are some other gifs floating around in this thread, too.

I remember the producers or Olyphant said they filmed a scene of Raylan walking into the shower, but decided to cut it.

Hindle

Banned
A white trash family is a strange choice for a villain IMO. Especially as S5 is said to be the penultimate season, you'd think they'd do the Chicago mafia.

Timbuktu

McShane will be in Season 6 as the ultimate Justified villain. Just you wait.

As much as i like McShane, surely the final big bad must be Boyd? Would have liked McShane to have had the Tonin role, but he would have stole every scene he was in. He basically stole the whole show from Olyphant in Deadwood. The show still has to be about Raylan and Boyd, if anything they need to cross pathes more in the final two seasons.

A white trash family is a strange choice for a villain IMO. Especially as S5 is said to be the penultimate season, you'd think they'd do the Chicago mafia.

Then again this time last year, we were speculating how the preacher would be the new 'big bad'. Who knows how Officer Gary will really fit into the plot. Thank goodness the show still manages to surprise.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The show still has to be about Raylan and Boyd, if anything they need to cross pathes more in the final two seasons.

Yep. The final season should just be Raylan (and his gang) and Boyd (and his gang). No new big bads or anything like that, especially not McShane - That would be a little too cute.

Oh Lawd..

Well, it's pretty much the Bennets, but more... down south. Aren't the conflicts with Chicago pretty much resolved?

As much as i like McShane, surely the final big bad must be Boyd? Would have liked McShane to have had the Tonin role, but he would have stole every scene he was in. He basically stole the whole show from Olyphant in Deadwood. The show still has to be about Raylan and Boyd, if anything they need to cross pathes more in the final two seasons.

Then again this time last year, we were speculating how the preacher would be the new 'big bad'. Who knows how Officer Gary will really fit into the plot. Thank goodness the show still manages to surprise.

Ok... I got it!

Do a Season 7 for Justified. Ian McShane as the bad guy in Season 6, Boyd vs. Raylan in Season 7, and then that's the finale. I mean, I don't think anyone would be against more Justified if it's the same team and they remain high-quality.

But if they do an amazing season 6 ending to the series, I'm okay with no McShane. It's just a pipe dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom