• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I guess Johnny must not have been in the room.

Edit: that was a nice moment between Raylan and Rachel.

Somebody make me an awesome Boyd Crowder Avatar.

xmCi6w8.jpg

Poor Ava suffering because Boyd's racist past comes bubbling to the surface again. For all his smarts, I didn't think that trusting the sister of a Neo-Nazi ally that calls you a race traitor(?) was the smartest of moves. He got his comeuppance at the end however.

I could only laugh when Danny was barking like a dog. He really is a dumb as shit. "Consexual." Of course he's a Crowe.

If we're going to have limited time with Tim here and there, keep the quality zingers coming.

I really like Daryl as a character. Brings some humor to the table, and not the kinda depressing kind his cousin does...
"You gotta dirty mind, Marshal." Makes me laugh.

I really hope he survives this season. As likely as that is, lol.

Kadayi

Banned
I really like Daryl as a character. Brings some humor to the table, and not the kinda depressing kind his cousin does...
"You gotta dirty mind, Marshal." Makes me laugh.

I really hope he survives this season. As likely as that is, lol.

Yeah I hope they keep Daryl around (and Wendy for that matter).

Also goddamn two week break...

Ruze789

Damn, I missed this last night! Guess I assumed it was off for at least a week once the Olympics started, like nearly every other show I'm currently watching.

I think the whole crowe family situation has been a misfire on the writers part. The only good thing is that it gives us more Dewey. They aren't smart or even that dangerous. I mean, now they are basically hired thugs.

I think the whole crowe family situation has been a misfire on the writers part. The only good thing is that it gives us more Dewey. They aren't smart or even that dangerous. I mean, now they are basically hired thugs.

I don't think it's about them being the smartest or most dangerous, but I do think they're the most reckless criminals we've seen, which adds a different element to them, than we've seen before.

Hiring them might come back and bite Boyd in the ass.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I don't think it's about them being the smartest or most dangerous, but I do think they're the most reckless criminals we've seen, which adds a different element to them, than we've seen before.

Hiring them might come back and bite Boyd in the ass.

Oh yeah, this is going to end terribly for someone. I really feel like Boyd just keeps throwing sticks of dynamite around and eventually they're gonna blow.

I mean, he's got the neo-Nazis at his back right now, in line but who knows for how long. He hired his new nemesis, the Crowes, to get his back when he starts working with Mexican cartels in direct competition with Johnny, who's also out to get him. His only ally is Wynn, who, let's face it, isn't the most trustworthy person.

All while he's also trying to fight for Ava, he's got that Russian widowed doctor that you know is going to come back to haunt him after he screwed her over.

And, oh yeah. Raylan is pretty damn close to getting into some serious shit with at least one of his new friends, the Crowes, while having his own back against the wall with Art finding out what happened last season.

So I mean... I think some shit's about to seriously go down this season in relation to Boyd. He's really teetering on top of a house of cards right now and who knows when a stiff breeze might come and blow it over.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I thought the A/V Club review made a good point in relation to Boyd. Boyd has succeeded against his adversaries because of his deep understanding of Harlan, but now he's putting his trust in a bunch of people who aren't from there and basically know nothing about it (Wynn, Hot Rod, the cartel, the Crowes). I guess you could argue that it even started with Colt last season. Though technically not carpetbaggers (since most of them are from further South), that same opportunism and exploitation that Boyd admonished Quarles for is a big aspect of all these people. Though I guess that's just standard Boyd adaptation and survival.

Anyway, it seems like he's out of good will with the people who ARE in Harlan, which you can see with the whole Gunnar thing this episode. He basically just has Jimmy and Carl. Whether that's just an interesting thing to note or if it actually will lead to some sort of mini downfall for him I guess we'll see. A desperate Boyd Crowder could and would do some awful things though (see: Paxton beating).

I actually kind of miss Colt now that I think about it. He was cool.

2 weeks :(

I'm starting to anticipate Raylan shooting Danny Crowe down almost as much as I looked forward to Colt getting Gutterson'd.

Also, it seems like shit is about to go off the rails for just about everybody in this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom