• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

Tuesday without Justified?

tumblr_m2arb3loOs1qf4sbho1_500.gif

A couple things from the Justified production blog:

- Alpha Dog: An Interview with Nick Searcy (youtube)
- Q&A with “Kill the Messenger” Interview Ingrid Escajeda
Raylan and Art’s relationship has taken an irreversible turn and Raylan is potentially in a lot of hot water. How did you arrive at the punch and what else can we look forward to with these two?

I think the punch might have originally been Tim [Olyphant]’s idea — I know it had been in the ether. Either way, we all agreed that that’s the way these two men would communicate. They don’t need words. There was also talk about there being an initial conversation between Art and his wife that we did shoot but ultimately didn’t use because once we saw the punch scene with the wonderful direction by Don Kurt, we knew that was our teaser and that was it. It worked brilliantly.

As to what’s ahead, it’s going to be a complicated ride. Art is pretty much the only decent father figure that Raylan has ever had and Art is really disappointed in him. Even when you know someone has tendencies, you don’t want to believe they would go as far off the reservation as Raylan did, and that’s hard for Art to face. So we can look forward to whether these two can mend their relationship or whether it’s broken forever, which would be pretty sad.
Is there any moment in this episode that you’re particularly proud of?

There’s a lot I’m proud of in this episode. One of my favorite moments was Joelle standing at the sink cutting her own hair. Watching her on set, she just blew me away. The look on her face when she was standing there, surveying what they’ve done to her — oh man. Pained, steeling herself — it was heartbreaking. It’s actually one of my favorite moments of Joelle’s ever in the series. It was wordless and absolutely beautiful what she did in that scene.

I’m also super proud of that teaser. Even though it wasn’t my idea, the Art and Raylan punch is one of the best teasers we’ve ever had so I’m stoked that my name is on the episode.

Also, A.J. Buckley was just incredible in this episode. The stuff with Carl tied up, the “consexual,” a lot of that was A.J. ad-libbing in the moment. I also loved the scene between Danny and Darryl, where Danny bullshits Darryl about what happened to Jean-Baptiste. Danny sees Darryl buying what he’s saying so he runs with it a little bit. That was an amazing example of A.J. being in the moment and finding the funny in what we’d written for him.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
What a dumbass lol

Edit: this should be some good stuff coming up with Johnny and Boyd.

Sorry my internet went out, but my cable was still up so I watched it. The Crowe's are up to something and that end part was weird, but the rest of it was on point.

Weird episode. The case-of-the-week plot felt very much like season one Justified.

Yeah, it's nice they get like one of these in a season...
Just wish, if it was going to be so minimal... they could at least be good like first season.
Don't know about anyone else, but episode 3 of season 1 sold me on Justified.

I don't know if that was Darryl Crowe signalling Danny and trying to outfox Boyd or what's going on with that ending, that's really the only part that irked me about that episode. The rest of it was on point.

I need to stop paying attention to actors outside of their shows. Nick Searcy's latest Twitter meltdown has made me hate his character when he used to be one of my favorites.

Anyway, curious to see how Boyd gets out of this one now that he can't even get across the border without screwing up. I can't imagine the cartel will be happy about that.

That was a highly entertaining episode. The look on Raylan's face when the guy gave him the finger was priceless. I absolutely love how lackadaisical he was about the while case.

About Tim's career and hacking.

Live Fee or Die Hard had Gears of War on an Xbox. Justified has Killer Instinct on an Xbone.
In Live Free or Die Hard Tim is a master hacker. On Justified he has no clue what phone phreaking is and types for extended period of time when the URL is already in the search box.

Goodbye cousin Johnny, the was abrupt exit, but you deserved it after being outsmarted by Boyd once more.

I really wonder how they're going to go with Art and Raglan. The characters are talking about the killing without actually acknowledging the legal impact of it all, how much longer can Art mentally fuck with Raglan if the heat come back on him? If Raglan won't quit, he's gonna have to leave Kentucky Marshall duty.

Watching the end of it again, I don't like the hole Ava is digging herself. You're in jail, Boyd has avoided coming to see you. Screwing the prison dru trade up can only come back to haunt her if she can provide what she thinks she casn?. Ava is not Boyd.

Onion A.V. Club's review

Personally, I agree with a lot of their points this time around.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. Still not sure what really went down in the final scene. Artful Dodger, thanks for posting that gif. The nod makes things a bit more clear, but I'm still pretty confused about why the Crowes would think shooting all them in Mexico is a good idea.

Not really liking Ava's story right now either.

Raylan leaving that comment on TC's blog was the highlight for me. Hilarious!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's kind of amazing that the Crowes have lived this long, not just this season but overall in their lives. They're a unique blend of brazen and stupid. Someone's gotta get sick of their "wildcard, bitches!" behavior and just put those people down like rabid dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom