• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Banned
I liked the episode a lot. Can't really put my finger on why exactly but it was one of the most enjoyable episodes for me so far this season.

The hacker-Raylan banter/feud was a highlight.

Tim: Failed fist bump

gutt1uckxu.gif
We're going to get some use out of this one. Thanks for the gifs.

Solid episode, didn't feel insulted by the techno-babble. "Phone phreaking!" What was the second game hacker-dude was playing? Kind of looked like a low-res version of Red Faction Guerrilla or something on the Quake engine from a third-person perspective.

Kadayi

Banned
Peace out Johnny, long time coming. I wonder what the Crowe's play is here...

He had a good run, but always going to end with Boyd and a gun.

Of course the shit hill Crowes are going to rightly fuck everything up now for sure.

Also totally loved Wendy just being up front with Alison about intending to taking Raylan off her. With all the trouble he's had with blondes over the years I could see it happening. His eyes lit up at the mention of tramp stamp for sure :D

Did my head in when Dale Dickey turned up because I was absolutely convinced she'd been in the show before now, and was somehow related to the Bennett's. Of course latter on I realized I was getting confused with goddamn True Blood....

Linius

Really enjoyed, good send off for cousin Johnny. The follower who never really followed. Well nice 'speech' from Boyd about leaders and followers. And God damn, Wendy Crowe is so hot.

Solo

Good episode.

I dunno though, we're halfway through, and I'm still not really feeling this season yet. The Ava stuff is so disconnected and kills the momentum and the Crowes don't live up to some of the fantastic villains/characters the show has had in the past.

Good episode.

I dunno though, we're halfway through, and I'm still not really feeling this season yet. The Ava stuff is so disconnected and kills the momentum and the Crowes don't live up to some of the fantastic villains/characters the show has had in the past.

I totally agree that the Ava bits really detract from the overall flow of the episodes and don't add much but think there might be a good villain in the Mexican connections

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good episode. RIP Cousin Johnny.

This line made me laugh:

"Do you like the ocean?"

"No, I think it's lame."

haha

Ratsky just took a sigh of relief there lol

Talkin about Ava not sexing that guy? Then yeah, I really did breathe a sigh of relief. :D Her new hair looks amazing btw.

he types for extended period of time when the URL is already in the search box.

Hah, I noticed that too. What a strange moment. I wonder if it was intentional?

Did my head in when Dale Dickey turned up because I was absolutely convinced she'd been in the show before now, and was somehow related to the Bennett's. Of course latter on I realized I was getting confused with goddamn True Blood....

She plays hillbillies and drug addicts in, like, every show. That's sort of a sad thing to be typecast as, but she does have that whole meth addict look going on which in this case works in her favor I guess.

dabig2

Nice episode.

Goodness does Raylan need to dump the blondes and get with the program on the readheads who want his dick. First Rebecca Creskoff now Alicia Witt? Seize the day Raylan. Seize the day.

The Raylan vs. Hacker bits were great but this season kinda sucks after last season. Seems like nothing has really happened yet and everything is so disconnected.

And where the hell is Duffy?

Linius

That's a valid point, where the hell is Duffy indeed. He hardly shows up this season.

So far the Crowes are a bit dissapointing as lead enemies or what ever the hell they are supposed to be. Raylan is just chilling on the sidelines hoping to get Rapaport back to Miami and meanwhile the Crowes are screwing Boyd from within his operation. But other than that not much is happening. But I guess it's a good sign that despite the miss of a some what coherent story I still very much enjoy the episodes.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The Raylan vs. Hacker bits were great but this season kinda sucks after last season. Seems like nothing has really happened yet and everything is so disconnected.

And where the hell is Duffy?

I agree with you. Good bits and pieces, but nothing is really coming together in a cohesive way.

RangersFan

Nice episode.

Goodness does Raylan need to dump the blondes and get with the program on the readheads who want his dick. First Rebecca Creskoff now Alicia Witt? Seize the day Raylan. Seize the day.

Seriously. Passing on Creskoff in the episode would have caused permanent blue balls.

FStop7

Banned
I need to stop paying attention to actors outside of their shows. Nick Searcy's latest Twitter meltdown has made me hate his character when he used to be one of my favorites.

Anyway, curious to see how Boyd gets out of this one now that he can't even get across the border without screwing up. I can't imagine the cartel will be happy about that.

I wish I'd never read those remarks from Searcy. Now I know he's an idiot and it makes me not want to watch the show. I'm surprised Walton Goggins can stand the guy.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I wish I'd never read those remarks from Searcy. Now I know he's an idiot and it makes me not want to watch the show. I'm surprised Walton Goggins can stand the guy.

When he starred in a Herman Cain campaign video, I think that was enough for me to ignore his personal life. Of course, I do the same for 98% of actors.

I need to stop paying attention to actors outside of their shows. Nick Searcy's latest Twitter meltdown has made me hate his character when he used to be one of my favorites.

Anyway, curious to see how Boyd gets out of this one now that he can't even get across the border without screwing up. I can't imagine the cartel will be happy about that.

What are you guys talking about?

Edit: Holy shit, that's insane.

And Adam Baldwin equated same sex marriage with incest? Aw, come on man, no.

- FX's Justified Production Blog: The Stronghold: A Set Tour with Production Designer Dave Blass
Thus far you’ve seen exclusive interviews with the actors of Justified but today I’ve got something different.

Production Designer Dave Blass was kind enough to offer a walkthrough tour of Hot Rod Dunham’s lair, one of the many sets that he has designed this season.

Keep on scrolling for the video and a collection of photos that give you a better look at the incredible attention to detail that goes into making a set feel alive.

Frost_Ace

- Damon Herriman (Dewey Crowe) picked up a recurring role in Vince Gilligan's Battle Creek

Good to see him getting more work, though I don't know if I've ever seen him in a non-redneck role. This would cut down his role on Justified significantly for S6 if he manages to survive this season, though keep in mind that he's usually only appeared in a couple of episodes of Justified per year before this season.
TUCKER! Like you said great to see him getting more work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom