• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could stare at Alicia Witt forever.

And thankfully so because this season has sort of been a mess. A very entertaining mess that I look forward to each week but a mess.

If they have Art die right before his retirement, that might make the season nonredeemable for me...just so cliched.

Yeah, that wouldn't sit well with me either; it would be such an easy way out of the issues Raylan faces.

Did you watch 4 week to week or marathon it? I felt that 4 worked a lot better for me when I watched it all in a row.

Watched it week to week. It's the only season I've watched only once, so I'll have to revisit it and marathon it to give it another chance.

Loved the latest episode. I was already crushing on Wendy but now I think I am in love with her. Sorry Ava.

Also after watching three episodes over the past two days... I am realizing that binge watching Justified seasons would probably be more enjoyable. But then I would miss out on the discussion and be at the mercy of spoilers...

Loved the latest episode. I think I may have to abandon team Ava for team Wendy.

Also after watching three episodes over the past two days... I am realizing that binge watching Justified seasons would probably be more enjoyable. But then I would miss out on the discussion and be at the mercy of spoilers...

The only solution is once this season is over we all binge watch each season over again and talk about it.

RangersFan

I'm enjoying this season. My biggest issues with it are Ava's prison story line and the Amy Smart Raylan relationship. It takes me out of the episode whenever they cut to one or the other. Also we need more Marshal's in play.

As a longtime fan of Ava, even I have to admit that the prison storyline is underwhelming. I've been clamoring for the writers to flesh out Ava's life in prison since the first episode, and now that they have I'm disappointed. Hopefully it builds up to something compelling by the end of the season.

If it helps I strongly dislike Danny Crowe. He's a punk.

You're supposed to hate Danny though.

So basically all of the women except for Rachel

Haha, Naw. I actually think Ava's story will have a big payoff. In the interview it kinda made it out to seem that Ed Gathegi really screwed them over by leaving that way, and these last three episodes have kinda been trying to set up a story to fix that giant hole he left. I think we're going to get back to the original story as they envisioned it from the beginning. I gathered as much from the Yost breakdowns at least.

*Fingers Crossed*

Mifune

Mehmber
I keep hoping that Darryl will die so that we will be spared more of Rapaport's shitty acting.

This season has mostly been a dud.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
So, if Mr. Yoon is concerned that the pile of American corpses will be discovered and thus lead to a lot of unpleasantness, and if Boyd is so intent on maintaining a relationship with the Mexicans, why is his outfit acting so jolly when they "fool" the police? Isn't the federales having possession of the bodies the last thing they would want?

And why couldn't they just bury 'em in some barren stretch of the desert? Why go through the trouble of smuggling them back across the border when the likelihood of them being found and dug up is (I imagine) so low?

KarmaCow

The whole Mexico storyline is a dumb anyway. Why would Boyd take the Crowes to Mexico, it's not like he needed them for anything. Even if he did two other bodies, there had to people someone else more trustworthy than people who just tried to extort money from him.

The whole Mexico storyline is a dumb anyway. Why would Boyd take the Crowes to Mexico, it's not like he needed them for anything. Even if he did two other bodies, there had to people someone else more trustworthy than people who just tried to extort money from him.

He needed them for the Johnny situation.

The payoff of Ava's storyline will be that she becomes independent from Boyd....
because she becomes top woman in the prison and she's still there next season until Raylan needs to use her inside connections for something.

- FX Production Blog: Q&A with “Whistle Past the Graveyard” Writer Chris Provenzano
There was originally a different episode in place of this one. Could you briefly explain how the current episode came to be?

I was off shooting [“Shot All to Hell”] when this episode was being broken in the room, so I don’t know what was supposed to be in its place, but I know that there was an early thought that Uncle Jack would have a larger role in the season, that he might possibly come in earlier than this episode, or stay longer; that basically he would fold into the Crowe family (and the season) in a more significant way. Ultimately we realized the Crowe family was large enough already and that we had lots of stories to cram in with the remaining episodes, so we felt that adding another character to the long arc of the season was unwise.

What was the hardest scene to shoot?

The cantina scene at the end. God shut down production. Literally. The first time we attempted to shoot the scene, on location in a barren canyons north of Los Angeles, a wind storm kicked up as soon as the sun went down, and the sand was blowing, and the lights way up on cranes were groaning and shuddering and the corrugated tin roof of the building started peeling off. Some PA handed out protective goggles for the sand, but the goggles, they did nothing. After an hour of nervous laughter we were told it was too dangerous to shoot.
More via the link.

New episode tonight:
Wrong Roads

Raylan partners with a DEA agent whose bad behavior feels uncomfortably familiar; Boyd makes a hard choice to protect Ava.
The episode will run an extra 15-minutes tonight.

That's interesting about the other episode being in its place. Hmm.
That's the second time this season they've mentioned production issues causing them to reshuffle things during the season. It might help explain some of the slightly-off pacing this year. It's been a surprise to me since the writer's room is essentially unchanged the last few years afaik.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That's the second time this season they've mentioned production issues causing them to reshuffle things during the season. It might help explain some of the slightly-off pacing this year. It's been a surprise to me since the writer's room is essentially unchanged the last few years afaik.

That was my thought as well. It's going to be interesting to read post-season interviews and see what they had initially intended for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom