• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo talk
Wow, they're actually gonna employ that lame ass cliche. Art gets shot up right before he retires.

Idk man, just cause he's shot doesn't mean he's dead, especially if they reveal it like that. I feel this is going to be as emotional for Raylan as it was when Arlo died. His death isn't needed to get that effect.

Kadayi

Banned
That fight with his sister had the fakest looking punches

Yeah, you could quite clearly see the punches miss by a mile. I was just glad that the entire thing didn't turn into some fucked up brother on sister action, because it had that kind of weird vibe to it initially.

Also I honestly think the writers needed to create a couple more Crowe brothers, because Darryl now on his own isn't much of a threat to anyone.

I honestly skip through the prison stuff at this point. I'm just glad there wasn't much of it this week. I was hoping Ava wouldn't win her fight, just so it would put this storyline out of its misery. Sadly it looks like Orange is the New Justified will be around for a while.

Indeed. Also waste of Dale Dickey in that role.

Lol Dewey, seems he somehow made it alive.

Dewey is too comedic to kill off. I hope they can do more with Dickey Bennett in future too.

No substantial Tim and Rachel is bullshit.

The Troll will come next season when it's revealed that Tims been tapping her ass since the show began..and no one knew (including Raylan).

I hope they can do more with Dickey Bennett in future too.
ib0i2bllZbAROE.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I actually like the Prison storyline, I just think it like...took too long to get where it is.

Yeah, do I think there's an interesting story there, but they not only took too long to get there, they're also not spending enough time in prison for any of the developments to really have an impact.

I just hope this storyline leads to Ava being released, and molded into a hardcore crime figure. She could rule Harlan County with an iron fist next season.

I like the way you think!

21 Foot Rule payoff was amazing. Excellent. Hilarious. Incredible.

I watched the scene 3 times, and laughed every time. Raylan's reaction was so good.

JDSN

Banned
I cant believe this show has me rooting for Neo-nazi dumb murdering fuck, and from this episode I get the feeling Raylan has a soft spot for Dewey too.

This week's episode solidified it for me: This is the worst season of the show. I don't care about any of this season's new characters, not a single one. And I totally called next weeks episode. :(

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This week's episode solidified it for me: This is the worst season of the show. I don't care about any of this season's new characters, not a single one. And I totally called next weeks episode. :(

Alicia Witt though, wouldn't mind seeing more of her if you know what I mean.

Zaph

"...Thank You". I couldn't stop laughing at that line, Dewey can't die, he's like Boardwalk Empire's Mickey Doyle.

Fantastic episode; felt like top form Justified in an otherwise so-so season.

Fei

Dickie Bennett needs to return full time in the final season. He just has that chemistry that Justified has been missing all year.

I can't believe Boyd let the prison guard off the hook. Does he even have a backup plan?

Great episode but the Wendy/Darryl confrontation felt a bit contrived.

Also, fucking Dickie man... god damn. I agree that he needs to be a part of the final season, not just a one-off cameo. What a fascinating character and performance.

DeSo

Banned
Ah okay, not really sure on the medical stuff. It was so comical I thought he was going to be fine and was just going to prison.

I knew he was dead after Darryl's conversation with Wendy but I wasn't sure on the specifics.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Can someone tell me is this season any good? I have only watched two episodes so far

Some like it better than others, but general consensus is that it's subpar for Justified standards. Lots of good moments, but the overall narrative is a bit clunky and nebulous. Been getting better the last few episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom