• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 episodes in and finally this story is interesting. Can't wait to see what happens to Daryl.

And I laughed my ass off at Picker going kaboom.

changes.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This whole season's been Boyd/Raylan/Ava spiraling down the drain.
Yeah, but it looks like nothing is actually going to happen to them. Ava is going to be queen of the cellblock, Boyd is going to have a new deal with this new woman, Raylan gets off scott free with being complicit in a murder.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Wendy was involved at all with Darryl's plan. Kendall's story seemed too well put together for Darryl's standards, sounds like something Wendy would have come up with, but I don't see her letting Kendall take the fall.

I wonder if Wendy was involved at all with Darryl's plan. Kendall's story seemed too well put together for Darryl's standards, sounds like something Wendy would have come up with, but I don't see her letting Kendall take the fall.

I feel like she wasn't complicit with the whole Kendall part judging by her reaction to Kendall's story to the Marshalls. Also, like you I don't think there's any way she would let him confess at all, much less if he didn't actually do it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like she wasn't complicit with the whole Kendall part judging by her reaction to Kendall's story to the Marshalls. Also, like you I don't think there's any way she would let him confess at all, much less if he didn't actually do it.

Yeah I don't see how she'd do it either, but Kendall's story sounded like something a lawyer would come up with.

Seemed like she was hearing it for the first time though.

Yeah I don't see how she'd do it either, but Kendall's story sounded like something a lawyer would come up with.

It was entirely plausible Daryl Crowe Jr. could come up with that plan. Even though he's kinda dumb, he's still savvy and clever about things. Also he knows the law, having been arrested several times himself.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It was entirely plausible Daryl Crowe Jr. could come up with that plan. Even though he's kinda dumb, he's still savvy and clever about things. Also he knows the law, having been arrested several times himself.

They also made a point of mentioning him studying up while in prison.

From her reaction I kind of assumed Wendy hasn't even considered yet that Daryl coerced Kendall into the confession and that she thought he actually did shoot Art. I would think that she'd say something to stop him otherwise. Maybe I misread it though

From her reaction I kind of assumed Wendy hasn't even considered yet that Daryl coerced Kendall into the confession and that she thought he actually did shoot Art. I would think that she'd say something to stop him otherwise. Maybe I misread it though

I could see that. But then again, she did just get the shit kicked out of her last time she disagreed with Daryl.

Hmm, my Phoenix Wright Hat shouted OBJECTION! cos Kendall's story contradicts Art / Amy Smart's testimony / what really happened so I'm guessing that might become a plot point. Hmm...

Hmm, my Phoenix Wright Hat shouted OBJECTION! cos Kendall's story contradicts Art / Amy Smart's testimony / what really happened so I'm guessing that might become a plot point. Hmm...

The idea is most cops and lawyers are interested in closing a case as oppose to finding out the truth. If they ignored it and then were unable to prove it was Darryl it would make them look terrible.

Boo, Phoenix Wright wouldn't let it go.

Kendall is fucked then. Sucks to be him.

That'd be a terrible and crazy emotional thing if Raylan "fails" to protect Kendall. I mean you can see how much he relates to him and how parental he got for Loretta, and generally you assume he's going to succeed, but if he fails him....man, that'd be the most heartwrenching moment of this show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That'd be a terrible and crazy emotional thing if Raylan "fails" to protect Kendall. I mean you can see how much he relates to him and how parental he got for Loretta, and generally you assume he's going to succeed, but if he fails him....man, that'd be the most heartwrenching moment of this show.

I was thinking about that last night. Like, what if Daryl was killed before he was able to testify that he was the one who shot Art? Kendall would have to take the fall after all and Raylan would be crushed.
I hope that's what happens

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Anyone notice how good the camerawork was during the last scene between Raylan and Daryl? I thought I was reading into it too much, but there were definitely some really focused shots. Like when Raylan says "Well I'm just letting you know how this is going to go..." and the camera focuses on him pushing the "Down" arrow of the elevator. Very sly.

Anyone notice how good the camerawork was during the last scene between Raylan and Daryl? I thought I was reading into it too much, but there were definitely some really focused shots. Like when Raylan says "Well I'm just letting you know how this is going to go..." and the camera focuses on him pushing the "Down" arrow of the elevator. Very sly.

When they go in close on him handling his gun...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Haha, I'm watching the pilot again and I just got to the part where Dewey and Raylan meet for the first time. Completely forgot about this interaction, like Raylan mentioning how he sent one of Dewey's kin to Stark Federal Prison

Anyone have the preview for next week? It got cut off during my recording. FX has been taking forever to put the previews up this season

So what was up with Ava and the ice cream? Either they were thanking her by giving her their just desserts or were they implying that yep, she better enjoy it while she lasts?

cameron

So what was up with Ava and the ice cream? Either they were thanking her by giving her their just desserts or were they implying that yep, she better enjoy it while she lasts?

I think that's suppose to mean Ava is the new leader of the pack. The gesture was to show that they're her subordinates.

I took it as them paying tribute

I think that's suppose to mean Ava is the new leader of the pack. The gesture was to show that they're her subordinates.

That's the one I was leaning towards too, especially since the lunch lady gave here two ice creams to begin with but I took the mean stares to convey "bitch better get us our heroin now" though.

After watching next weeks promo.......OUR SAVIOR HAS ARRIVED :D

he wouldn't tell her anyway, so that's likely legit. Besides, she wanted out before something like this would happen.

also: I do believe there is a picking up pieces joke in this episode somewhere...

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm all caught up. I had a shit-ton of work that prevented me from watching the past seven episodes or so, but now I'm up to speed.

As most said, this season has been really mixed, as if the writers didn't quite know what to do with several characters, but it's finally coming together and that last episode was INTENSE as hell. Tim pretty much implying to go after Darryl and ice him like that was shocking enough, but the exchange by the elevator was absolutely terrifying. I actually feared Raylan was about to put two in Darryl's gut and let him there, or maybe follow him to the parking lot and off him there.

Also, the cigarette gag was most welcome. I feel like all seasons of Justified should have a shocking death just for the hell of it, the most outrageous the better. This one was easily on par with Quarle's.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
God damn. It's even more violent in GIF form.

I think that scene may outgross anything The Walking Dead has put out so far, and that's saying something.

Solo

Good episode. Shame that the season is only getting good 70-75% of the way through (the first 70% was.....slim Picker-ings.....I'm so sorry), but hopefully it means S6 will be nicely set up.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Good episode. Shame that the season is only getting good 70-75% of the way through (the first 70% was.....slim Picker-ings.....I'm so sorry), but hopefully it means S6 will be nicely set up.

I really get the impression that the writers had to redo half of the season on their feet. Much of the season felt oddly disjointed (specially so considering Justified's otherwise tight writing), and only now that we are approaching the finale everything is coming together. I'm guessing the early departure of the actor playing Jean Baptiste may have played a part (not that Ava's adventures are helping at all).

I really get the impression that the writers had to redo half of the season on their feet. Much of the season felt oddly disjointed (specially so considering Justified's otherwise tight writing), and only now that we are approaching the finale everything is coming together. I'm guessing the early departure of the actor playing Jean Baptiste may have played a part (not that Ava's adventures are helping at all).

Agreed. I think we're really seeing the effects of that.

Frost_Ace

I'm all caught up. I had a shit-ton of work that prevented me from watching the past seven episodes or so, but now I'm up to speed.

As most said, this season has been really mixed, as if the writers didn't quite know what to do with several characters, but it's finally coming together and that last episode was INTENSE as hell. Tim pretty much implying to go after Darryl and ice him like that was shocking enough, but the exchange by the elevator was absolutely terrifying. I actually feared Raylan was about to put two in Darryl's gut and let him there, or maybe follow him to the parking lot and off him there.

Also, the cigarette gag was most welcome. I feel like all seasons of Justified should have a shocking death just for the hell of it, the most outrageous the better. This one was easily on par with Quarle's.
#teamquarlesisnotdead

Yost mentioned the Jean-Baptiste departure as a problem again this week, and he noted that they were short on time for budgetary reasons this episode. It also sounds like much of this season, while having its own arc, is about setting things up for the home stretch.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yost mentioned the Jean-Baptiste departure as a problem again this week, and he noted that they were short on time for budgetary reasons this episode. It also sounds like much of this season, while having its own arc, is about setting things up for the home stretch.

Yeah, really a shame. I really hope he's transparent about their initial plans for the season in the post-season interviews.

Seth C

The idea is most cops and lawyers are interested in closing a case as oppose to finding out the truth. If they ignored it and then were unable to prove it was Darryl it would make them look terrible.

It wouldn't take much to do a simple investigation of the scene, see the dozen bullet holes, and realize that if a seasoned Marshal was shooting at the kid the way the kid described it, they would have found him lying in a pool of his own blood.

Anyone in that room listening to his load of poorly acted shit would have been smelling the bullshit. That's by far my biggest issue with the episode/that scene.

DeSo

Banned
I teared up when Art got shot, I was sure he was going to die that episode. I really hope he pulls through but it doesn't look good. He's one of my favourite characters.

I teared up when Art got shot, I was sure he was going to die that episode. I really hope he pulls through but it doesn't look good. He's one of my favourite characters.

I feel like him dying would be less impactful than what's happening right now.

Plus Raylan already went through something very similar when Arlo died, so it'd be different while still forcing him to confront himself.

Timothy Olyphant will be on Seth Meyers tonight.

haha, I love how you appear out of the blue with random justified news.

Linius

Oh we're back to the days of Boyd blowing shit up, I love it when he blows shit up.

This episode was great. Lots of things moving on the emotional side with Art in the hospital. This new woman seems interesting. Maybe we're finally done with most of the prison rise to power story from Ava. And we're heading for the ultimate face off with Daryll Crow Jr. Looking forward to the last few episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom