• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend and I are currently watching episode 9 of Season 4 right now.

We burned through seasons one and two and half of season three and then took a few day break that ended up lasting a few months.

I realized that S5 was starting next week and we had not yet caught up.

Good stuff so far. And now we just have to watch five episodes in the next two days. Not too bad.

IrishNinja

really hoping this season feels like it's going somewhere, show's kinda felt aimless to me from one season to the next - last one had an intersting premise at least

4 More Days!

Now for some more GIFS:

giphy.gif

see here you go, this dude was a cool villain but the writing fell the fuck apart at the end of the season, Mob City put him to better use

- EW.com interview with Walton Goggins *some spoilers*
“I don’t believe a goddamn thing you say, but I sure do enjoy watching you say it.” That’s how Walton Goggins remembers the great Elmore Leonard breaking the ice after he sheepishly introduced himself to the author at a party during Justified‘s first season as the man who plays Boyd Crowder, TV’s most eloquent badass. “It just made me howl,” Goggins says.

- WBUR on the new season: To Live Outside The Law You Must Be ‘Justified’
Everyone in this show — mostly character actors except for Olyphant — is giving a career performance. I’ve never seen them better, anyway, including Olyphant whose “Deadwood” lawman was also wonderfully portrayed. You see Goggins, Nick Searcy, Jere Burns, pop up elsewhere, but never with the Yost-given panache they have in “Justified.”
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazzette review: FX's 'Justified' back for its fifth season
FX's "Justified" returns Tuesday at 10 for its fifth season and the show pretty much picks up where it left off. Gone are the seasons when "Justified" would slowly run up to a serialized storyline with a few stand-alone episodes -- I kind of miss those because the bad guys were so fleshed out for a TV show -- instead jumping back into established storylines and jump-starting new ones.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
that was an amazing Owen Wilson

God yes. I'd like to see Jacob Pitts unironically play an Owen Wilson impersonator in a future Wes Anderson movie.

- Pittsburgh Post-Gazzette review: FX's 'Justified' back for its fifth season

Gone are the seasons when "Justified" would slowly run up to a serialized storyline with a few stand-alone episodes instead jumping back into established storylines and jump-starting new ones.

Oh, interesting! I always felt like the stand alone episodes were some of the weakest parts of the series (though still good obv) so I'm curious to see how this plays out. Should be good. :d

Burt

see here you go, this dude was a cool villain but the writing fell the fuck apart at the end of the season, Mob City put him to better use
Whaaat? Examples? I liked seeing him over the edge, and there will always be that ending he got. Even if you didn't like his dialogue or situation, you can't argue that they wrote him one of the most memorable finales ever.

In other news, now that my birds are dead, Raylan will shortly overtake the Eagles in my avatar. Because Justified deserves both spots.

Oh, interesting! I always felt like the stand alone episodes were some of the weakest parts of the series (though still good obv) so I'm curious to see how this plays out. Should be good. :d
Another review noted the same thing:
Variety said:
Prone to slow starts and whiz-bang finishes, “Justified” opens its fifth year in midseason form.
Sounds like they're gearing up for the end game here, though S4 was largely one story arc with a number of tangents. I don't remember any episodes that were completely disconnected from the Drew Thompson saga.

Gone are the seasons when "Justified" would slowly run up to a serialized storyline with a few stand-alone episodes

Not sure I understand this quote. I thought the last time Justified had a stand-alone episode was during the first season? What "seasons" are they referring to?

IrishNinja

Whaaat? Examples? I liked seeing him over the edge, and there will always be that ending he got. Even if you didn't like his dialogue or situation, you can't argue that they wrote him one of the most memorable finales ever.

i guess i thought they had more in store for him, kinda felt like by the time he was doing drugs int he trailer with those girls & running off his direction was kinda wonky..by the end, he's desperately falling apart & getting his hand chopped off, struck me as hokey and it might be my fault since i keep hoping the show will build a larger villain cast, even when dude was a guest star & clearly not gonna last the season. i just kinda thought he went out like a punk, but it's cool that you had a better take on it!

Anarkin

I watched season 1-4 last week and what a great series this is. It's probably the only series without any annoying characters, love them all.

Season premiere tonight!
A Murder of Crowes

In the swamplands of Florida, Raylan tangles with a deadly branch of the Crowe Family Tree, while Boyd goes into the dark heart of the collapsing Detroit Mob.
Written by Graham Yost & Fred Golan; directed by Michael Dinner.
y0jbG.gif

mileS

Just watched the Timothy Olyphant interview clips on Conan. LOL this dude is hilarious. I need to look up older interviews now.

inm8num2

Just watched the Timothy Olyphant interview clips on Conan. LOL this dude is hilarious. I need to look up older interviews now.

Yea Olyphant is a pretty funny dude. He's been on Conan a few times and it's always entertaining. I also like how he stayed past his segment last night - so few (if any) guests do that.

Yea Olyphant is a pretty funny dude. He's been on Conan a few times and it's always entertaining. I also like how he stayed past his segment last night - so few (if any) guests do that.

Yep, staying past your segment is a late night tradition that is sadly being lost. Glad to hear Olyphant moved over to the next couch instead of leaving during the commercial, like the class act that he is.

Hindle

Banned
The meta score is lower then S3 and S4 . Hmm, critical reception seems to be off this year.

Edit. Not that it matters but the show has always received high meta scores. This season getting a lower critical reception is a slight concern so late into a shows life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom