• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

Im3wleG.png

Why can't i hold all these guest spots.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
What a bloody ep.

I like it.

No kidding.

I have to agree about Rappaport. I'm not feeling it yet, but it's definitely a bit early to make any judgement calls.

Solid episode overall. I preferred the Boyd sections much more than the Raylan ones though. Detroit was messed up :eek: really liked the cinematography in those scenes especially. Good use of the guest stars too, generally.

Gut reaction is that this is my least favorite premiere so far (but still good!), but it definitely was a setup episode, so my opinion might change later down the line (or on a rewatch). Or maybe my expectations were just too high. Either way, super glad to have my favorite show back :)

Ugh.. Wil Sasso and the guy from kids in the hall as the duel Canadian Godfather...
I repeat, ughhhh.
You know, I was pleaseantly surprised with last season's villain, but Justified can't keep up this ryhthm of trying to make corny comedic actors from decades past into convincing badasses. Lightning doesn't strike twice... and why can't they afford someone established anyway?

inm8num2

Good lord did Kurt Sutter write this episode? :p

Great premiere. I completely forgot about Michael Rapaport showing up.

Seth C

- FX Production Blog: “A Murder of Crowes” Tonight!

It includes a handy beverage recipe:

And if you’d really like to get in the spirit, why not make a cocktail or two for your evening in? Here are a couple of Justified-inspired drinks:

Raylan’s Kentucky Sour

4 parts Maker’s Mark (2 oz.)
2 parts lemon juice (1 oz.)
Squeeze of orange
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with cracked ice. Pour into tumbler.

Boyd’s Kentucky Old Fashioned

4 parts Maker’s Mark (2 oz.)
2 dashes bitters
1 splash water
Sugar (1 tsp.)
1 orange slice

Mix sugar, water and bitters in an old-fashioned glass. Muddle orange wedge into a paste. Pour in Maker’s Mark bourbon, fill with ice cubes, and stir.

And speaking as a Kentuckian, please never mix anything of higher quality than Maker's.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A fucking Tim Hortons mention. It's like they couldn't think of any Canadian cultural references so they made they looked up Canada on Wikipedia. lol

Still, I'm so glad this show is back. I heart Raylan.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Ugh.. Wil Sasso and the guy from kids in the hall as the duel Canadian Godfather...
I repeat, ughhhh.
You know, I was pleaseantly surprised with last season's villain, but Justified can't keep up this ryhthm of trying to make corny comedic actors from decades past into convincing badasses. Lightning doesn't strike twice... and why can't they afford someone established anyway?
Was it Dave Foley? I thought it might be him, but it wasn't on his IMDB page when I looked earlier.

Seth C

A fucking Tim Hortons mention. It's like they couldn't think of any Canadian cultural references so they made they looked up Canada on Wikipedia. lol

Still, I'm so glad this show is back. I heart Raylan.

Wiki isn't needed, bro. Tim Horton's is your Starbucks. Shit is everywhere. Speaking as an American, it was that, the Mounties, poutine, or beaver tail. Most of the audience would only get two of those.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wiki isn't needed, bro. Tim Horton's is your Starbucks. Shit is everywhere. Speaking as an American, it was that, the Mounties, poutine, or beaver tail. Most of the audience would only get two of those.
Is it really known down there? Honestly I'm not even sure what our cultural exports are. I figure it's just that we say "aboot" and "eh" all the time.

Seth C

Is it really known down there? Honestly I'm not even sure what our cultural exports are. I figure it's just that we say "aboot" and "eh" all the time.

Tim Horton's has invaded a huge portion of the northeast US and featured in How I Met Your Mother so yeah. It's pretty well known.

Why can't i hold all these guest spots.

Lol.

Title of this episode should have been the murder of everyone. Only a few lies were spared to night, while everyone else got killed. Overall a good return that setup up a lot of things for this season in one complete episode.

But damn it Boyd, you're a selfish son of a bitch.

Edit:

And fuck Dwayne Wade.

phaze

Great episode. The body count was off the scale.

"Can we get a bucket or something ?"
KuGsj.gif
Poor Dewey is going to need a mop too, to keep his family at safe distance. Asshole Raylan ruined his life again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom